Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you mean a chilli bin?
    sigpic
    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

ok time for an update. since im going two seater with this, i figured i may as well do a little trimming to the sheetmetal in the back of the car so that i can raise the subframe and enable good suspension geometry and good stance. im starting with the back end and then will do the front once all this is done.

i had the rear subframe modified a few years back to fit a nissan R200 diff (and custom hubs, custom axles, big brakes, etc), but to raise it up what ive done so far is to bin the oem front mounts and weld in plates that will make it solid-mounted (it will be harsher, but idgaf lol). the rear pickup will be custom made.

onto the pics...

heres the oem mount, when i was going to have it 'flipped' and spaced. normally it is the other way up and there is no spacer.

here is where im at now, spacer and mount gone, replaced by a triangle piece of steel with hole in it, welded in. i havent measured it, but think it might raise the subframe like 2-3" or so.

to secure it, im using a crush tube and the original washer and nut (ill get a beefier one made up once the design is finalised, plus theres a bottom plate that goes on too)

raising it this much helps reduce the rear camber a little, but needs a bit of trimming to make it fit (im going to weld stuff back in to strengthen it all up eventually)

now to test fit with my wheel adaptors (5x120-5x114) and bits from my wheels im going to build

the rear flares will be extended so there is less poke.

and with the m5 replicas i was going to run (17x8)

from here i found that i havent even nearly raised the subframe enough to solve the problem i wanted to fix. look at this filthy semi trailing arm angle!

and the camber...

so where im at now is i dropped the wheel down until the camber is how i want it, then measured the difference, and that will be how much extra i have to raise the subframe (another 3"... haha)

from there, the axles will also be reasonably level and the diff has more ground clearance, which are bonuses.

and thats it for today. comments and questions welcome
      sigpic
      Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
      Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

WOW! Impressive!

Comment

NOW I understand why thread subscriptions exist.... you do awesome work, love the minitruck too.

Comment

thanks guys
            sigpic

Comment

awesome bro, I didn't realize that so much was being done on the beemer while the minitruck was in the build as well... aaawesome!

Comment

So cool. Love to see more work.
                '88 323 - K-swapped
                '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

serious build thread

awesome stuff man
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Awesome

Comment

i did never realize you were the same guy behind this awesome minitruck i followed the story on Youtube and behind this crazy E21!
                      Definitely great projectS but please, finish one of them! lol!
                      Keep up the good work!

Comment

Holy shit. i hope you know that your the fucking man.

i didnt know you were the same person building the truck. ive seen all those videos haha
                        it all came together when i saw the paint in this:
                        you do awesome work!

Comment

Wow this is awesome subscribed forsure

Comment

I've been following your mini truck build on youtube for awhile now. Now I got to follow this. In for awesomeness that is about to come. You do amazing work. Can't wait to see what is in store for this.

Comment

God damn!

This is one hell of a build!
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

nucking futs

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Working...
                                X