Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very slow build of a very fast e21

Hi,

I've been building an e21 for about 8 or so years now. I should've just finished it before starting my minitruck project this year, but if i applied logic to the things i do to cars/trucks, id probably not do any of it. so anyway, now I've got two projects on the go!

Anyway, part of the reason its taken so long to build is that I change my mind on what i want ever year or two. Lately i've been yearning to get this...

onto these...

and getting it reeeally low, so theres been a bit of this...

and am in the process of installing these...

and these...

on the inside i was going to go with these...

but have now decided to just have front race seats and a cage, so i can do more of this, but at much higher speeds...

the engine bay looked like this...

but now im stealing that motor for my minitruck and will be replacing it with a motor with more go and less show.

the exhaust comes out the side of the car like this...

and sounds like this...

here's where i got to last year...

and ive got plenty more to cut out still before i start welding new stuff back in...

ok hopefully thats enough to start my build thread for the little old e21. i do have a full build thread over on e21.net/forum but i think that site is locked for non-registered people so am going to post updates on here and there from here on out.

as i said at the top, its a slow build and im not in a rush to finish it, so dont expect frequent or periodic updates

nick
    sigpic
    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

whoa
    *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
    blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

The got the 340i at Portlands Pacific Motor Sports... Tis one blows it out of the water...I think I wanna fuck it...

Comment

Lmao! ^^^
        sigpic

Comment

haha thanks... i think

did a bit of trimming today, to make some clearance for the front tyres. byebye to this bit of the guard...

(im gonna be running flares)
          Last edited by 340i; 04-12-2011, 01:28 AM.
          sigpic
          Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
          Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

What box you running with that? You could always supercharge it, its dirt cheap considering the power gains.

Comment

its got a W58 (i think? might be a W57, i bought it years ago lol), so not really strong enough to last very long with blown power. its already making 193rwkw though (at a lazy 5200rpm haha), so has enough power for now anyway. i did have plans to turbo it, but have shelved that idea since my other project is taking up most of my time and money. the main goal at the moment is to get the suspension right, modify the body to suit it, then stuff like a 2 way LSD will come before power gains (its currenly running a viscous Nissan R200 out of a GTS-25T skyline)
              sigpic

Comment

What is that motor out of? It's going to be pretty nice when done.

Comment

thanks. its a front sump 1uz-fe (four litre quad cam v8), out of a Lexus LS400 / Toyota Celsior
                  sigpic

Comment

You are officially my hero.
                    Christof Goulart
                    FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Holy fuck
                      @jroc561
                      71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

haha thanks guys.

for a bit of background info on the suspension, here's my coilover thread from when i was working on it last year. ive got a few more plans for the front, like custom arms and a few other custom bits. im not sure if it will need a custom subframe too, but hopefully i can get away with not needing one for what i want to achieve.

Any and all suspension and coilover discussion goes here. Talk about how to get where you want to be.
                        sigpic

Comment

o.o......I just watched that little vid of the drifting...and was like...wtf..Props to you man. That little thing flies haha.

Comment

cheers mate, and yeah haha its pretty quick

ok so a little side-build, which i hope you guys don't mind me posting...

as i mentioned above, im changing it to a two seater, so no longer need the recaros. i also need some more seating for my flatmates birthday party this weekend, and i also wanted to practice my welding skills, sooooo.....

i knocked this together....

got myself a length (8m) of 40x40x2mm square section tube, cut it up and slapped it together

my welding is getting a bit better, but still needs a bit of work, so its good to practice on things like this that don't need to be super perfect haha

i drilled mounting holes on one side of the main cross beams, and holesawed the opposite sides so that the screws that secure the seat are hidden

another random weld picture. bear with me, this is going somewhere...

then a little bit of rattlecan primer...

ta-daaaa...

im quite happy with how i designed the legs. from most angles, they're not visible, so the seats sort of appear to hover

what do you guys reckon? i think it needs drink holders? im not sure if i should call it the 'recarouch' or the 'recoucharo'
                            sigpic

Comment

Definitely needs some drink holders, or fab up a bracket that holds a cooler underneath the seats to keep the brews nice and cold.
                              sigpic
                              GARAGE | THE PROFESSOR

Comment

Working...
                              X