This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 - nex coilovers? ANYONE yet? nex vs rokkor vs more ebay stuff

i keep coming up on threads saying no one has gotten nex coilovers, and these threads are from 2005 etc. so they've been out for a while. NO ONE has gotten them yet?

i don't even know if that's the actual e36 coilover, the image says "audibmwnex.jpg." only reason i'm interested in these are because the fronts come with 10kg, as opposed to whatever rokkor comes with, 6kg or whatever.

found these too:

basically i'd want to switch out the springs if i were to get rokkors anyway, so it'd be pretty convenient to get 10kg up front right off the bat.

experience with any of these ebay brands anyone? do they go hellaflushillestcanibeat low?
    *e7*club!
    http://www.e7club.org

$600 set of coilovers is guaranteed to be garbage
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

for about 200 bucks more you can get ST coilovers. they are made my kw so at least you know there is some quality to them.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        $600 set of coilovers is guaranteed to be garbage
        +1 hehe

Comment

Seriously...go for st's.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Do it, they're awesome. Nothing on the market will out perform these coils.

Comment

well that's cool.

has anyone tried nex coilovers?
              *e7*club!

Comment

yeah dude. the NEX coils are absolutely amazing for the price. everyone always says cheap coils are cheap quality but its the opposite. The cheaper the better cause you spent less and got the same thing as if you bought a 4k set!!! my car is on NEX... rides amazing!!!
                cars and stuff

Comment

Why would you want to buy these even after everyone in this thread has said not to. These are some of the most knowledgable people in the E36 game. I'd suggest you listen to them.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

everyone said not to... and haven't had any experience with them.

i'm glad i can spend more money to get better quality coilovers, that's awesome. st coilovers, cool, stanceworks coilovers, cool.

so yeah, has anyone tried nex coilovers?
                    *e7*club!

Comment

Originally posted by teh luckinator View Post

i'm glad i can spend more money to get better quality coilovers, that's awesome. st coilovers, cool, stanceworks coilovers, cool.

My roommate mike has them on his E34 and they are garbage. The reason we purchase nice coils is because we know about all the other ones because we did research before we decided on what to choose. You get what you pay for. Keep being ignorant. I hope your cheap coils break in half while you're driving.
                      cars and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by teh luckinator View Post

no

and heres why I havent, and wont. the most important parts of your vehicle are tires, suspension and brakes. going with some cheap chinese made bullshit is a safety risk to both you and everyone around you. IMO its not worth saving a buck to put everyone else in danger.

also, they clearly havent put any r&d into their product. what that means is that the struts are most likely valved as OEM would be. and the spring rates are probably as soft as charmin toilet paper. naturally, that means that they would be better suited for wiping your asshole then flushing down the toilet.

they will ride like crap, then blow out when you try to lower it. probably only have a 1 year warranty, and the fine print probably says that its voided if you lower your car. even if it isnt, you will have to send them back for a rebuild and be laid up for a while plus shipping charges. all this inconvenience could have been avoided by spending a few more dollars and buying a quality product for your car. if you ask a question, then get answers from people who might know a thing or two about e36, and wont take anything into account. go and buy them. knock yourself out.
                        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Exactly^^^ I told my roommate not to buy them. He did and now he's driving around on blown as shitty coils he wasted $600 on
                          cars and stuff

Comment

Idiot.

Comment

If people told you not to bang your head against a wall, but had no experience with it, would you still want to?
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                              X