Design error in Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design error in Firefox

I have resently noticed a bug in the forums, when i try to post a new reply under builds the page looks like this (note my attachment)

I have Fx4 on W7, but get the same error on Fx3 on XP.

Havent done a crossbrowser test, but thought I should give you a heads up.

Tried to do a search to se if someone has posted about this, but didnt find anything.
    Attached Files
    My cars:
    1978 VW Derby 1.3LS
    1998 Audi A4 1,8TS Quattro Avant
    1999 VW Golf 4 1.9TDi

Nevermind this, I now noticed that this happens if you have large pictures in your thread, pictures get resized in the thread but not in the "topic review" below the form when you are writing a new post.

Maybe someone should look into this? Its quite anoying.
    My cars:
    1978 VW Derby 1.3LS
    1999 VW Golf 4 1.9TDi

Comment

Most people use picture hosting sites to post images on the forums, This allows you to post large images in your threads.

Google:

Photobucket
      Imageshack
      Flickr

When you sign up to one of these various sites and upload an image, copy the [img][/img] tag and paste it in your post.

Hope that helps.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        Most people use picture hosting sites to post images on the forums, This allows you to post large images in your threads.

Google:

Photobucket
        Imageshack
        Flickr

When you sign up to one of these various sites and upload an image, copy the [img][/img] tag and paste it in your post.

Hope that helps.
        Yeah I know, thats not my problem. I have a blog where I update with the same info as my build thread. So naturally I use the pictures from this blog.

Someone has made a resize function when reading threads with big pictures, but this doesnt exist when wathcing the "topic review" beneath the entry box you write replies in.

This should be easy to quickfix with CSS or PHP if thats preferred.

Go to my build thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12944, there you see that all pictures are resized to fit the forum width. Then try to add a new post, look at the topic preview at the bottom and you will se that the pictures are not resized. Theres no logic why the pictures are resized in one place but not the other.
        Last edited by Andtho; 04-03-2011, 12:56 AM.
        My cars:
        1978 VW Derby 1.3LS
        1999 VW Golf 4 1.9TDi

Comment

Ahh I understand...

I noticed this from time to time, but its very rare that people post images that large. I just deal with it.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Working...
          X