X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I hope he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by KJK View Post
      Could you maybe explain what you were talking about, because I'm a bit lost. Maybe I miss-interpreted your original post.
      The whole "stance" thing has been around for about 20 years, especially in Europe/Asia where the laws are more strict than the states. The whole "stretch and poke" thing where it is commonly used in the aggressive wheel and tire fitment themes ("stance") developed from there due to said laws. People wanted lower and wider, but still within the "laws".
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Yea yea it's been around forever... fact is its been trending hard for about 1.5-2 years now and I can't wait for these trendy fucks to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Who actually cares though. So what if the movement is dying out... Its not stopping you from driving a car with excellent fitment thats really low...

I am more than happy to see the bandwagon ending.
          Wether the stance movement dies out or lives on makes no difference to me. I just don't agree with the fact that it has started to fade away, if anything, I think it's rapidly gaining speed. Take a look at Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Iceland, and what about the variety of platforms that we're seeing now (AMG mercedes, Ferrari's, mini vans, etc).

A big problem with Americans is that we usually only see stuff as how it affects us. Perhaps the stance movement doesn't have the initial buzz that it once did, but in other places that buzz is at its peak or yet to occur. America isn't the center of everything, as much as we'd like to believe it is.

And I agree with you 100%, Linhberh's statement has zero affect on people driving cars with excellent fitment at the limits of ride height. That being said, I think he has his facts wrong.

Comment

Wether the stance movement dies out or lives on makes no difference to me. I just don't agree with the fact that it has started to fade away, if anything, I think it's rapidly gaining speed. Take a look at Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Iceland, and what about the variety of platforms that we're seeing now (AMG mercedes, Ferrari's, mini vans, etc).

A big problem with Americans is that we usually only see stuff as how it affects us. Perhaps the stance movement doesn't have the initial buzz that it once did, but in other places that buzz is at its peak or yet to occur. America isn't the center of everything, as much as we'd like to believe it is.

And I agree with you 100%, Linhberh's statement has zero affect on people driving cars with excellent fitment at the limits of ride height. That being said, I think he has his facts wrong.
            Ok, so what does that even matter? He stated an opinion. You have yours.. I don't see the point to going on about it?
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Han View Post
              The whole "stance" thing has been around for about 20 years, especially in Europe/Asia where the laws are more strict than the states. The whole "stretch and poke" thing where it is commonly used in the aggressive wheel and tire fitment themes ("stance") developed from there due to said laws. People wanted lower and wider, but still within the "laws".
              I don't doubt the roots of "stance", and to be honest, I was not aware that the laws shaped the scene. However, I simply believe that Linhbergh has his facts wrong, see my response to Kielan. I would love to hear your opinion on my thoughts.

Comment

Why can't anyone spell my name, its right there in front of you.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                  Yea yea it's been around forever... fact is its been trending hard for about 1.5-2 years now and I can't wait for these trendy fucks to move on.
                  Blame the internet. It's the only reason it got so popular this time.
                  flickrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

I don't doubt the roots of "stance", and to be honest, I was not aware that the laws shaped the scene. However, I simply believe that Linhbergh has his facts wrong, see my response to Kielan. I would love to hear your opinion on my thoughts.
                    It's hard to actually place what shaped the scene, whether it be the laws in places like europe, the hot rodders or the lowrider and mini trucking guys 30 years ago... People were looking for a solution and they found it.

But, like any car scene, it's not going anywhere. Shit, I still see people with neon underglow and fart cans that fast and the furious helped make so popular.

Comment

Ok, so what does that even matter? He stated an opinion. You have yours.. I don't see the point to going on about it?
                      I don't think that is an opinion. When there are numbers involved there is enough hard evidence to support a fact. The "stance movement" is measured as a ratio by the number of stanced cars per drivers now as opposed to the number of stanced cars per drivers in the past. If more stanced cars are being produced in the same time frame as before, than the movement is accelerating.

I like the fact that the stance scene is competitive and it's hard to stand out. If it was really fading away, that would make everything easier. We wouldn't see the same quality or number of builds that we do now. Competition breeds excellence, just take a look at production cars! I want to keep the movement thriving for as long as possible, and Linhbergh's statement just seemed depressing. That's why I was going on about it.

Comment

If you are doing this all to "stand out" and its "competitive" then you are doing this for all the wrong reasons. All the "quality" builds that are out there, are from the guys who won't stop building cars like this, the people who aren't just on the bandwagon. Those builds aren't going anywhere. That's a fact.

Competition may breed excellence, but I can't say I know 1 person who really builds their car, solely so that they can out do someone else (talking about stance here not about racing). They do it because its what they love, the love challenging themselves. Not because it will make them well known or e-famous.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

If you are doing this all to "stand out" and its "competitive" then you are doing this for all the wrong reasons. All the "quality" builds that are out there, are from the guys who won't stop building cars like this, the people who aren't just on the bandwagon. Those builds aren't going anywhere. That's a fact.

Competition may breed excellence, but I can't say I know 1 person who really builds their car, solely so that they can out do someone else (talking about stance here not about racing). They do it because its what they love, the love challenging themselves. Not because it will make them well known or e-famous.
                          When the people that just wanna be e-famous start dwindling away then it leaves a majority of people that are passionate about it.

Comment

Originally posted by eskimopunk View Post
                            When the people that just wanna be e-famous start dwindling away then it leaves a majority of people that are passionate about it.
                            I completely agree. Its those people the "bandwagoners" that take away from the real quality out there, and ruin the style for everyone else.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

*cough rusted hoods on a 1 year old car and a roof rack cough*
                              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                              Originally posted by Jedidiah
                              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

if people keep doing what they love doing, then this whole thing is here for the long haul. let interwebs say what it will, it means nothing.
                                tumblr
                                myata

Comment

Working...
                                X