Mk2 & parts for sale..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk2 & parts for sale..

Not that i really honestly want to do this, but my golf is going to be sold due to it almost killing me tonight..I don't trust it any more (sounds stupid but i just don't look at it in the same way anymore..)

To cut a long story short, driving to work this morning a horrible noise starts, out of the blue... limped it to work and got a machanic to have a quick look at it said it was the cv joint, so i thought i would limp it home and leave it till the weekend to get it fixed.

Then driving home the noise became really bad, looked in a reflexion of a shop window to see my wheel Wobbling around, seriously shat it eased to a stop and at about 3maybe 4 mph the wheel just fell off and my car just fell onto the wheel and floor all of about 2cm haha.

end of story i jack it up in the middle of the road, the adaptors had sheered through the hub and fallen off, But the bolts wheree fine WTF... "oem quality" brakes/hub have slightly different threads to the bolts provided.

BLA BLA BLA, i almost died seeing as i was going 50 before this as it wasn't making any noise but if i had to turn suddenly it would of fallen stright off.

Basiclly the car is fine, no damage at all. but i just can't run the adaptors. My mk2 will be back on P slots, should drive fine - with the space saver there was no noise or pulling. She has never has let me down till now.
    Teledials slight paint scratch where i dropped it in a panic but will sort.

I don't really want to sell it to anyone on here just incase it dies in 6months time and they're like WTF.I will be seriously sad to see it go, but i want something else now with air..

If anyone wants anything from her befor i sell just ask ( i will be keeping my momo & snap off)
    blaupunkt head unit with ipoo connecter etc can have up to 5 outputs running off it & looks standard..
    errrrrm, i have Brand new center box bypass stainless steel pipe.. (it arrived today )

So this isn't my forsale add, it's just a heads up if there is anything anyone wants... like ill swap you my interior for stock plus 20quid or something like that.

This doesn't really read well, to annoyed and upset to bother.
    Last edited by ajk; 03-15-2011, 04:51 PM.
    Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

why?? its was only a cv joint and crappy adpotors! get some proper fitting wheels and jobs a good en

Comment

It wasn't even the CV joint, but na i was going to sell it at the end of summer anywho.. this kinda finshed me off.

It's also killing me in terms of insurance and day to day petrol i drive 20 miles aday, and most of that in traffic.. and my back if broken from work so getting into a static car is brutal... Even if i keep it, porsches are forsale.. and the adaptors. sucks ass seeing as they have done 200miles topps.

Comment

fair enough man
        what you after next?

Comment

mx5 or bmw z4 if i could afford but very doubtful

gt tdi mk4

1.4 mk5

any diesel passats

kindathinking mk1 or mk3 but then really, it's not going to be my golf... its just similar but not a mk2.

ermmmmmmm loads of ideas, but i don't know how much i have... I doubt my golf will sell for more than 1600 if im lucky

plus 300ish for the teledials or 400 with rubber

and i referbed the set of teddybears i've got i could get 300?

plus i've got about 2k ish to play with cash... so 3-4k

plus anymods i want. i could wait and save for air, but idk.

Comment

What interior do you have mate? I'm interested.

Comment

just a corrado, the drivers seat is in okayish condition,,, the fabric on the butt if starting to fray and the bolst is starting to give, but they're really nice to sit in and the passenger is mint but back not mint - i think it used to be the prime place for a dog all bobbley, ( i don't really know why i said it interms of a swap with raping myself by devauling my car.. ) not that i know whats your seats are like?

Comment

Shite and brown.

Comment

haha, i've never see corrado seats in a mk1? i know fronts will be straight swap, no idea about rear.

Comment

Working...
                  X