X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First STANCE-equipped 997...

...In the world.

This Porsche Carrera Cabriolet started out like any other - in dire need for some modification. Upon its arrival at Fluid MotorUnion, we set about widening the rear wheels by 1.5″ and adding some spacers to provide the amount of flushness that was the perfect mix of form and function. And then…this box arrived. From a certain suspension company. And history’s wheels began moving.

But before we get too far into it, let’s take a minute to enjoy the smaller things in life. Like the delightful line requesting this coilover be kept away from “fire or frame.” We’re pretty sure it’s a rough translation from the Japanese pronunciation of flame (as there are no phonetic L sounds in the Japanese syllabary, only R sounds), but it also makes sense to keep the coilovers away from the frame, so it’s all gravy.

From first glance at the coils, you can already tell that this thing was going to end up lower. Look at how massive the stock Porsche struts look in comparison:

Now that all the pre-install pictures are out of the way, let’s let the images do the talking for now. We’ve so far dialed in the height and camber to where we want, but it’s not done yet; there’s still damping force to adjust, so more testing will continue. For now, though, the aesthetics of the project are done, so we figured we’d showcase the results on the blog for everyone to see. Oh, and by the way, we blacked out the sidemarkers, shaved the rear badge and did a full-red spray of the taillights, cutting down on the number of colors on the vehicle’s exterior. And even though these changes were minimal in the grand scheme, the car came out looking fantastic in its more bichromatic hue. Enjoy:

Again, we must give our thanks to Nicolas and Dave over at Touge Factory in Elk Grove Village, whose correspondence and communication could be described as nothing less than world-class. They also run the stateside distribution for STANCE, and they do one hell of a job. If anybody else is interested in putting their 997 on these coilovers, give us an e-mail and we’ll point you in all the right directions. Once it’s finally put to the correct settings, this particular 997 will be a beast on both the road and the track. We can’t wait to see it out on the road when the weather gets warm!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

unghhhhh. gorgeous. crabclaws FTMFW
    1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
    Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

oh my my oh hell yes

Comment

Totally read "In the world" the way Jeremy Clarkson does.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
          oh my my oh hell yes
          You've got to put on that party dress.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Awesome. Not as fapable as an exhaust system, or a set of trumpets, but still turned me on.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

needs more low
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

awesomesauce

Comment

schweet

Comment

@FluidMotorUnion sorry to hash up such an old thread, but this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. How can i get more info on this build?

Comment

PM Sent!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                      X