This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nik View Post
    Do you know of any first gen (2004-2006.5) Scion xB's running the E-level system?

I just picked up the E-level system and would like to know where the best place to mount the sensors would be on my xB.

Thanks!
    Hi there, everybody I'm new here but I'll post up some pics of some cars I've done.
    Been doing air ride since the early 90's when I swore off hydraulics ( which I'm back into now as well lol).

To answer your question I'd reccomend finding a suitable position that allows you to keep the longest possible legnth on the threaded rod. Consentrate more on when it's completely laid out that the sensor doesn't top out an crack...leave a bit of room at the top end of the sensors stroke, that gives room for error. I've honestly just barely cracked a couple of the sensors by mistake, but they always have worked after. I use those for mockup and use the customers afterwards. That's why I now leave the rod as long as possible.

By leaving the rod long you potentially maximize lift. In some instances I've seen the rod cut down so much the tires would just untuck and the ride height maximum was basically cut in half.

The system is very well made and seeing as it calibrates it's maximum height during calibration, overextension of the sensors is impossible.

It's a bit of a pain when you do it for the first time, but it's not that difficult. Just keep your eyes peeled and be open to different potential mounting locations.

However in some instances the sensors should be removed before placing the car on a lift. Some suspension setups may surpass the 2.75" range of the sensors, so for the 1 min it'll take to unbolt the lower attachment...it's well worth doing to be safe.

Here's a 58 impala I recently did.

Front setup

Rear

Locked up

Down flat.

This car will be on wires soon.

Trunk...ya I polished the tank.

Hope that helps...love this site.
    Last edited by Matteblack; 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM.

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

Height sensor install on Mazda 3

Hi all,
        Would anyone on here can share some photos on their e-level sensor installation on a Mazda 3, or Volvo C30? I am currently installing the sensors, but have difficulties finding good position for them.
        Many thanks in advance.
        Laurence

Comment

I just had my Elevel installed.
          However, my Air Lift Performance is current knocking as i think its topping out as the current ride PSI is too high.

When i lower the fronts (lessen PSI) the knocking stops, but i am running way too low at the fronts.
          I was told that Air Lift from factory comes with the lowest strut settings.

If i was to raise the front struts maybe 2-3cm higher on the strut, would i need to shorten my sensor rod or longer?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Matteblack View Post
            Hi there, everybody I'm new here but I'll post up some pics of some cars I've done.
            Been doing air ride since the early 90's when I swore off hydraulics ( which I'm back into now as well lol).

To answer your question I'd reccomend finding a suitable position that allows you to keep the longest possible legnth on the threaded rod. Consentrate more on when it's completely laid out that the sensor doesn't top out an crack...leave a bit of room at the top end of the sensors stroke, that gives room for error. I've honestly just barely cracked a couple of the sensors by mistake, but they always have worked after. I use those for mockup and use the customers afterwards. That's why I now leave the rod as long as possible.

By leaving the rod long you potentially maximize lift. In some instances I've seen the rod cut down so much the tires would just untuck and the ride height maximum was basically cut in half.

The system is very well made and seeing as it calibrates it's maximum height during calibration, overextension of the sensors is impossible.

It's a bit of a pain when you do it for the first time, but it's not that difficult. Just keep your eyes peeled and be open to different potential mounting locations.

However in some instances the sensors should be removed before placing the car on a lift. Some suspension setups may surpass the 2.75" range of the sensors, so for the 1 min it'll take to unbolt the lower attachment...it's well worth doing to be safe.

Here's a 58 impala I recently did.

Front setup

Rear

Locked up

Down flat.

This car will be on wires soon.

Trunk...ya I polished the tank.

Hope that helps...love this site.

Looks awesome I am about to install sensors for my 61 rag On the front is it mounted to the inner fender? I was considering that option due to the new shock location being in the way to mount to the frame. Any other x frame elevel pics? Post up here or even email me would be appreciated. Luckyfive@shaw.ca. Here is a pic of my trunk so far. I can't wait to get the elevel working!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow sorry that's a bad pic lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Since you have a truck and chassis fab background, you'll be able to handle it no prob lol
                Look at cheltenham 2019 dates year

Comment

Working...
                X