No announcement yet.

Budget Coilovers for e46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running the racelands on my 330CI, my lowering springs wern't cutting it so I sold them for $100 and got these shipped for $240, heres a pic with them on and the front still has 3/4" worth of threads of drop left, It did need shorter sway bar end links.

I daily drive it, the ride is stock like, and the pic is on 18's and 225/40zr18. I don't need all the fancy dampning adjustment because its not a race car, its a DD.

Last edited by LuckyBoyOne3; 10-19-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

luckyboyone3 - thats loks spot on to me - what length are the new springs and what rate?

Comment

Honestly not a clue, I bought and installed them soley for the drop value, I was also in need of new rear absorbers which justified the price alone.

Comment

i run DDMs.

i'm blowing them alot, but just go and get another one.

then again... i push my car. hard.
          -Brandon
          E46 No More..
          Her Concise History:
          http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

this thread is making me lean towards the racelands..

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

-Michael

Comment

VMaxx has an E46 coil set now.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/vmaxx.htm Scroll down to BMW.

I didn't feel comfortable suggesting a cheap coil option until I rode in a friends car with Vmaxx and I can honesty say, the ride is not the best but I have ridden in worse. They can basically slam most cars on their face too.

Comment

I thought Vmaxx, Jamex and raceland were all the same components.
                Its hard for me to resist the racelands as I only drive my car like once a week or so and I never track or autocross anymore.
                My cupkit is just not that low to me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by poynter View Post
                  I thought Vmaxx, Jamex and raceland were all the same components.
                  Its hard for me to resist the racelands as I only drive my car like once a week or so and I never track or autocross anymore.
                  My cupkit is just not that low to me anymore.
                  my friend has the racelands on his mk4 gti and i actually really like them. the ride isnt as stiff as i would like, but it is very nice for the price.

-Michael

Comment

vmaxx coils. about 5-6 hundred bucks and ride amazing. very quality coilovers
                    or you could also get NEX coilovers off of ebay for the same price

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

seems to me that only people that dont have raceland coils are the ones that talk crap

Comment

my budget was also 'under 1000' and i picked up some KW V2 with 6000 miles on them for $1150 shipped. save up, trust me, it's definitely not a wise decision to cheap out HARD on a set of coilovers.
                        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

finnaly found the link i was looking for.

can someone tell me what the spring rates are on these as the ratings given mean poop to me.

cheers in advance, nathan

Comment

It says the rates right on the page ...

Comment

Sport setup (F=12K - 672 ft/lbs & R=18K 1008 ft/lbs)

i see this but have no idea if this is soft or super stiff. any ideas??

how do these rates compare to say the DDM's, GC's etc that people on here run??

Comment

That's super stiff which is great for stancing. DDMs and GCs all have custom spring rates unless you go recommended. I run 550lbs in the front and 700 out back. A lot of e36s and e46s run similar. I would take those spring rates any day though. The stiffer, the flusher. Most cheap coilovers have very soft springs, so I say go for them and let us know how they are.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Working...
                                X