Budget Coilovers for e46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natedogg View Post
    Sport setup (F=12K - 672 ft/lbs & R=18K 1008 ft/lbs)

i see this but have no idea if this is soft or super stiff. any ideas??

how do these rates compare to say the DDM's, GC's etc that people on here run??
    It's super stiff. Front is ... alright, but I think the rear is too stiff actually. 1000 lb spring ... that has to be bone shattering.

Comment

cheers ollie!!

I didn't know if ft/lbs was a standard 'spring weight' measurement or if it had to be converted to something else and was actually going to be a poo rating of about 200lbs!! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedogg View Post
        cheers ollie!!

I didn't know if ft/lbs was a standard 'spring weight' measurement or if it had to be converted to something else and was actually going to be a poo rating of about 200lbs!! lol.
        Oh crap, I just now realized the units are all wrong. I was thinking "man 1000 lb/in is a stiff damn spring", but yeah, you're probably right .

Comment

so DDM's and GC's are 500lbs and 700lbs etc in/ibs - not ft/ibs - so i need to multiply 672 and 1008 by 12 to put into inches??

so 672*12 = 8064??
          and 1008*12 = 12096??

that so can't be right

help before i go mad and ordeer the wrong shit people!!

Comment

Their units are completely wrong; there is nothing you can convert that will make them right. They are either really stiff springs or they are pulling the numbers out of their ass.

The only two 'units' of measurement used when talking about springs are: kg/mm or lbs/in ... meaning how much weight is needed to compress a spring some amount. 500 lbs/in means it takes 500 lbs directly on the spring to make it compress an inch. Saying ft/lb ... doesn't make sense. And if they meant to say lbs/ft, that means it's a damn soft spring ... softer than stock actually.

Comment

And if they meant to say lbs/ft, that means it's a damn soft spring ... softer than stock actually.
              thats my fear. a 30% uprates damper and a really soggy spring. however springs can be changed in rate and length!!

i have asked selelr but they have said this is all the supplier states so have asked them to go back to the supplier and question the figures.

cheers for help so far guys.

Comment

update - have sent your quote slocar to manufacturer.seller and await a responce. lol

Comment

bumping an old thread with potentially old news yes I kno..anyboobs, on my e46 I have ksport (drift) overs and I absolutely love them. very well priced and handle excellently. I do not drift, however..
                  ///M3

Comment

I have function and form type 2's on mine. They ride great. Only downside was that I had to swap out springs front and rear on them to get the height i wanted

Comment

Working...
                    X