Hello, Can i play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice and clean, and a diesel to boot. :thumbup:
    Law 15: Destroy Your Enemy Totally: ...The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.

Comment

BBS won't give you lips. You'll have to go aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRedRocket View Post
        Style 5's are a two piece wheel. The barrel cannot be on bolted from the lip, only the center. Only way you're gonna get more width out of those is banding them like Mike suggested.

Those staggered 18's will definitely fetch a good amount whenever you decide to part however.
        Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
        BBS won't give you lips. You'll have to go aftermarket.
        Actually better news! claus said it is possible to convert but need to make unique lips&barrels and those parts for the set of wheels will cost more than actual new set of these wheels from bmw it self .. i don't know why its so funny but all ready those lips cost 200€ / piece and you need 8 of em so.. would love to make unique set, but still considering what to do..
        Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
        Now: MB W211 320cdi
        Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

Originally posted by Exami View Post
          Problem's with banding is that i don't want rims to in weird sizes and if i widen it 1" from back.. offset would gone -1 :E and front offset -5 on front that could be just fine but on back.. that extra 7mm is no near fitting thats why i was thinking to build 3piece..

And also since no one in finland does that.. its BIG problem meaby i need to contact BBS and ask for wider lips
          Assuming you have 18X9ET24/18X8ET20 adding 1" of lip would make it 18X10ET12ish and 18X9ET8ish. As for not being able to get the lips widened easily near you, if you want wider wheels looks like you'll have to ditch the Style 5's.

BBS won't have anything wider for the Style 5's because there was never anything wider than an 18X9 so you're kinda out of luck...
          Eatin' Babies

Comment

Originally posted by DaRedRocket View Post
            Assuming you have 18X9ET24/18X8ET20 adding 1" of lip would make it 18X10ET12ish and 18X9ET8ish. As for not being able to get the lips widened easily near you, if you want wider wheels looks like you'll have to ditch the Style 5's.

BBS won't have anything wider for the Style 5's because there was never anything wider than an 18X9 so you're kinda out of luck...
            If im right if you add 1" on outer lip.. it will take whole 25mm of the offset, not sure of this..
            but yea meaby i need to start looking for BBS GT:s cause those are 3piece and somewhat more easily widen..

Comment

If you ever decide to part with those RS's, give me a shout
              my name is andy.

Comment

Originally posted by fiziks View Post
                If you ever decide to part with those RS's, give me a shout
                Sorry to say but i don't have RS's... those are RC's ... Styling5's ...
                Last edited by Exami; 08-31-2009, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Very nice car! The wheels look great.
                  Neuspeed Supercharged 2.0L MkIV Jetta
                  2.4 inch pulley | C2 #42 tune | Bosch 440cc injectors | Vr6 MAF | Snow Performance Stg 1 water/meth | Autotech 260 cam | GLI exhaust | CAI | Vr6 clutch/g60 14lb flywheel | Stg 1 polyurethane dogbone motor mount

Comment

Something new is happening!

Something for next summer...

going to order these.. (10x18 & 11x18) Ideas for colors? (cant make my mind..)

Been thinking for white center & gold bolts.. but you guys help me out !

Comment

Originally posted by Exami View Post
                      Hello, Im Sami from Finland (holy country of poor roads and speedbumbs)
                      I do believe that title belongs to my country, Malta.

Welcome!

Comment

you should just put the rears up front, and buy entirely new barrels for the 8" from somewhere aftermarket. Then you will only be buting a pair of barrels, thus saving you money.
                        SLAMMED GARAGE
                        slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post
                          you should just put the rears up front, and buy entirely new barrels for the 8" from somewhere aftermarket. Then you will only be buting a pair of barrels, thus saving you money.
                          My Styling 5's are 8 and 9" wide.. and you can't get wider than 9" to Styling5..(2 piece wheel..) so no strech on that 265 rear wheel.. so going for 10 and 11" wide

Comment

why don't you just get super rs's

Comment

18x10 super rs ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid View Post
                                18x10 super rs ;-)

Cuz im poor(cannot afford them) and oversize lips look foolish!! (just like in that pic)

Comment

Working...
                                X