No announcement yet.

my kraut burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umm can i get edumacated about the rotors? how come/why arent they perfectly round?
    Originally posted by M.Burroughs
    I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
      umm can i get edumacated about the rotors? how come/why arent they perfectly round?
      strips some weight off them without totally sacrificing diameter and pad surface area, its mostly about weight.

Comment

and the big holes help with getting rid of the gas? that doesnt cause the pad to wear unevenly?
        I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

as far as i know, theres really not much in the way of gas in pads anymore, not since they got rid of asbestos.

shouldnt cause uneven wear, nothing ive seen anyone complain about anyway. i may end up with normal rotors on the front aswell, depends how these go.

Comment

noo keep these they look cool! =]

Comment

motors running now, just gotta sort out fuel gauge, speedo calibration, overflow bottle, get lower part of guards painted tomorrow and put them on, then bolt everything else up for driving times

new m10 motor, 10.5:1 comp, IE 292 cam, new almost everything else

coz of the e30 5spd swap in, with custom tailshaft, its moved the whole motor forward a bit. luckily i went the 2002 water pump, or the fan shroud wouldnt fit. ive had to cut the sheilding bits off the fan as it is, but its got a decent amount of clearance to the fan itself now. will see how it goes though!!

Last edited by hakhawk; 04-04-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

cars running, might have to remove my fan shroud though, dont think the radiators getting enough airflow, its staying at thermostat temp roughly, but doesnt go down at all until cars off.

sooo nice to drive, its awesome. mega pokey, but need this ecu setup so i can set timing properly.

Comment

Nice watching the build thread
                  19x10-3 SSR Agle Strusse...19x11 -4...1999' Lexus GS400 blk/on/blk // // The Lexus is the Daily ! /link/VipdOut blog !!

Comment

Your car is EPIC

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by VipdOut View Post
                      Nice watching the build thread
                      keep watching, more to come(just slowly, need more moneyz)

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
                      Your car is EPIC
                      cheers, i fkn love it!! such a great feeling to be driving it again

Comment

that is fuckin' dope!!!!!

love all the pics of the build!
                        need to learn a lot to go so far on my project!!!!
                        i -perhaps- grab a M10B20 lately finally, need confirmation but it seems to turn good!

can't wait to see further mods here!!!

Comment

looks badass. You did a great job with this car! I WANT ONE SOOO BAD!!!

Comment

at least that head is super complicated lol

Comment

cheers guys, heres some more mods for your enjoyment :p

this weekend was dedicated to getting my ecu running, which i did!!

first things first, i scraped my bumper for the first time yesterday, forgot and reversed out a parking lot wrong, and it scraped backwards, and took a couple chunks out. no biggie

wired the edis module up under glovebox, only place i could find that wasnt in the way, or in enginebay

wired the ecu up and mounted it beside my cheap ass "headunit"

ok, so the edis kit that i got for the ecu came with coil on plug, but they wont fit with the current brake system where it is(another reason on the list to piss it off :p)

so, knowing i can use commodore coilpacks(the edis system is wasted spark, like vn-vs v6 commodores), i got to work making a pair of coils work.

grabbed a module and cut the end coil area off, ripped the alu plate off the bottom, and gutted it.

i worked out what pins id need(the ones that goto each coil) and removed the rest. soldered up my wires, and globbed a heap of hotglue on it to stop anything coming astray

i drilled some holes, welded some nuts under the wheel arch and mounted the coils to the car, came out pretty good. just need to get some leads made up to suit(using an old set of commodore leads for now, 3 are good, ones mega long)

final setup. will run it as is for a week, and get a spare dizzy housing modified to remove the dizzy hole. was hoping to remove the oil sensor hole aswell, but not enough money to get the remote filter stuff sorted before taking dizzy off. oh well, a bung will do fine.

can spot the fan mount changes i did yesterday too, trialing it for now, but its raised low speed temps, and hasnt really changed higher speed temps. might go back to old shroud and a cooler thermostat.

uploading some vids, will take a while though.

Comment

idling and a few revs on the megajolt ecu(moreso to show the lack of leads on the dizzy :p)

just a quick vid showing the engine running on megajolt instead of the dizzy

and a test drive. starts off a bit boring though. no high revs, still running in motor.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X