No announcement yet.

my kraut burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice ride! I think the wheels fit the car very nicely! Will be watching for updates!

Comment

awesome build!

Comment

I like the car and wheels, looks great to me
        I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

mmmh looking good..

Comment

slowly getting this bumper repaired. bit at a time

still have more to go on the back, gonna make it nice and strong

lay some more bits of glass in the front areas before i bog it smooth

random pic i took today, really needto get the front painted

should get my head back tomorrow, and bearings and some more bits this week, so motor should start coming together on the weekend, cant wait to have it back on the road

Comment

I kinda like the wheels, they look allright, car is clean.
              Keep up the good work.
              Forget about bad roads, forget about speedbumps, go as low as you can, 'cause low is a lifestyle!

Comment

cheers, will be much cleaner in a month or so

Comment

Looks pretty good so far.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                  ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

This is pretty sick. I like the wheels too, gives it a sort of classic look

Comment

bumpers getting closer to being fixed

and the motors slowly piecing together, waiting on some valve springs, then itll pretty much fall together

Comment

its almost done, more bog and sanding today, gotta finish a few spots tomorrow, but hit it with some primer before, looks good.

Comment

its painted, just have to do the chrome vinyl now, not sure if i wanna try the chrome, or leave it black and paint rear bumper the same. might try the chrome, if it fails, ill go black rear bumper.

comparo in height vs stock valance, its only a little bit taller, but its the whole way around, not just the very front

test fit on the car, needs adjustment, but will do that once i put other guards on

Comment

got my megajolt ignition ecu, this will replace the dizzy, so i can adjust timing to suit the new cam and compression and such.

this is the unit

pretty small(with mounts added)

guts shot, main board and hard rev limiter(dont wanna be blowing this thing up easily :p) the blank spot is for onboard map sensor, but im using tps instead

and an end shot inside the case

finally decided to buy some real filters for the carbs, this is the same mesh i was using, but in proper form. these guys fit snug over the lip of the trumpets, but ill be adding some safety wire to them just in case they get blown off, so they dont go running down the highway

stainless top layer, stainless filter mesh in middle, stainless bottom layer

went and tried 2 on when i looked for multimeter, theyre a bit close together, but i can trim a bit of the urethane off to relieve them a bit

today we put the head and timing gear on

Comment

got a lot of stuff bolted on today, need to chuck some washers under some bolts though

random shot of the front end of car

Comment

MOTORS IN!!!!!!

now i have to bolt up all the extra bits, run some wiring, clean up some not needed wiring, and should have it running tomorrow sometime.

got my vacuum manifold bolted on yesterday, got hose for it today

(good shot showing ports into head)

and dummied up the carbs to check clearance of dipstick and other bits.

and some basic info on the rebuild for ollycarbs :p

10.5:1 pistons
                                ireland engineering billet 292 cam
                                cbr1100 bike carbs
                                new just about everything inside the motor
                                ishihara-johnson crank scraper
                                bmw 2002 waterpump
                                xtreme heavy duty clutch
                                e30 5spd
                                rx4'ish radiator w/ twin fans

will be putting megajolt ecu on it when my edis stuff arrives, and pissing off the distributor. also have remote oil filter and oil cooler to put on when i get hose and fittings, and make an adaptor to replace the oil filter housing.

also slowly setting up boosterless brakes, with wilwood powerlite calipers on each corner, scalloped rotors on the front, 2 piece rotors on the rear

(ignore the rear rotors, turns out i bought the wrong ones, and cant get scalloped rears for the hats i have, waiting for payday so i can order new ones from jegs)

radiator with fans and shroud

testing dual master cylinder pedal box(still not finished) tight squeeze, damn rhd e21's

autometer cluster to work with e30 gearbox(has no mech speedo drive, so i added y own elec sensor to the diff). will be replacing boost gauge with oil temp soon, since i dont know when/if i'll be going turbo(cluster was going to be for an sr20 conversion, damn m10 got the best of me though :p)

thatll probably do for now, ive got heaps of other bits ill be doing on it, just need more moneys

Comment

Working...
                                X