No announcement yet.

my kraut burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, monday just gone, went to start her in the morning and nothing, ended up late for work(had to get a lift). got home, messed around with it, turns out i killed my circuit breaker(most likely that night, as it was working in the morning), and the crank sensor(note: dont go grinding any plastic off around the end of the sensor, not enough material, hits coil wires )

so i ordered another sensor(from an aussie car, ford, slightly diff mounting points), and a bigger battery, small one just wasnt cutting it with new ignition system, and bypassed circuit breaker(for now, ordering new one monday)). swapped the wires on the sensor and she fired up without hesitation today.

new battery(moved it to above axle, instead of behind it this time). just gotta clean up the area where the old box used to be. gotta get some cable protective stuff, and maybe reroute the cable somewhere else

couple pics from a drive today, here

Comment

picked up a replacement muffler today, coz the old one finally decided to shat itself on the way to work, its 90% broken around the back of it, and the mount that the last person put on was on the tailpipe, so it has broken from weight. got a couple new mounts to mount it properly tomorrow.

bye by dizzy, got the spare housing plugged and welded, so will paint that and put it on tomorrow, and that nice big chunk of alloy sitting beside it, well... thats for something else

Comment

hey!!!
        still awesome work there!!!

i re-start mine last sunday and i ride it all day now!

I hope you don't speak about that previously but do you work on the engine mounts? i wanted to put some stiffer one to replace the stock dead one but i can't find something great for E21, some guys use E30 m10 mounts but it looks not working for one side...

Comment

Originally posted by ollycarbs View Post
          hey!!!
          still awesome work there!!!

i re-start mine last sunday and i ride it all day now!

I hope you don't speak about that previously but do you work on the engine mounts? i wanted to put some stiffer one to replace the stock dead one but i can't find something great for E21, some guys use E30 m10 mounts but it looks not working for one side...
          still on stock mounts, theyre still in ok condition, but yeh want to get something stronger sometime.

Comment

thanks, i guess i will change mine for stock too, not so expensive so...
            i will try to find something stronger after...

Comment

i <3 e21's!!!

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
              Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
              ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

so we went for a looooong drive to get a mates new car, and got a few shots of the bmw.

parked out front of mates shop

rolling shot with a mate in the passenger seat

parking at a servo

next to mates car for shits n giggles

Comment

took her for a drive today, ended up in a few different places and putting another 350ks on the motor

heres a few pics

and more pics here

sunday drive - a set on Flickr

Comment

so not much happening lately, cars driving fine, just spending money on more upgrade parts and waiting for them to turn up.

this weekend though, i tried the modified dizzy housing after getting it welded again. it still leaks, so this time i slapped a bit of jb weld on it, and its only weeping a tiny bit now. hopefully it holds up for the next week or so, while i get iblown to make me a new housing, no half assing it this time, one piece billet plz.

also got dad to check the tappets(hasnt been checked since motor went in), and theyre fine. whilst playing under the bonnet, we noticed the alternator bracket was broken, so welded that up and its ok again now.

i should start playing with the timing soon, just gotta get the time to.

random engine bay shot, looks so much better with no dizzy. also took the old ignition module and wiring off.

Comment

i was digging the old valance better but it still looks good regardless.............and for some reason the style of this series bmw reminds me of james bond. :screwy:

Comment

so uhh, whilst collecting parts for the car today, i also collected a rabbit and a nail on the way home!! noticed the nail since it was tapping against my guard after hitting the rabbit, drop tyre off to tyre shop tomorrow and see if its fixable, hope so!!

the rabbit did a good job on the bumper, one big mashed area(probably where its head hit) and many other stress cracks around the area. looks like im gonna be rockin the steel bumper for a while, while i fix it(gives me a chance to put the chrome paint on too)

chucked the 002's on for now, gonna have to take it easy on these, they break traction waaay too easily with the new motor

now onto the good stuff!! ordered some more bits last thursday from the states, and theyre here already!! i got the correct rear rotors this time(see they bolt on :p), an oil temp gauge to replace the boost gauge in the dash, some russell proclassic braided hose, and a bunch of fittings. i'll be putting my oil cooler and remote filter on this weekend! and i ordered some better camber/toe adjusters for the rear, these weld to the subframe, instead of being an eccentric bush. much more adjustment.

Comment

so yeh, i kinda forgot i hadnt rolled these guards yet... :p

Comment

ouchy =/
                            Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                            I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

nothin the trusty guard roller wont fix :p

Comment

made the adaptor for my oil cooler/remote filter today.

glad i went this way instead of the screw on adaptor.

had to clearance the fittings to fit the allen head bolts, theres not much room to move, but it fits and bolts down(tried it on spare block out the back)

underside, gotta get some gasket paper and make my own gasket, stock one wont work. possibly couldve moved bottom one over a bit more to clear bolt, but i wasnt making another one. maybe oneday if i feel like getting iblown to machine me one up!! for now(unless it leaks) this one will do fine

bit over 1mm gap between the fittings. couldve moved rhs one out a bit, but again, maybe next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X