my kraut burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
    which post about injection are you referring to?
    In one of the posts over at bimmerforums you mentioned it..

Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
    current engine specs are...
    would love 200hp, but ill take what i can get
    Specs look nice, oldschool for sure.
    M10s have a good combustion camber so 200 should be doable.

i went with slides partly for the full flow, but honestly, its for looks and sound. i have a set of dcoe itb's sitting in a box that i was going to use.
    slides are old tech, prone to sticking and causing fires, need to be cleaned and maintained. but they were used with older less tunable injection, so i want to try and modernise it a bit, using sequential injection, meaning less excess fuel being thrown around
    the extra airflow isnt really worth the gain compared to the ease of use of a standard butterfly, but i want slides!
    Honestly sound, improved flow is a bonus you get with itbs.
    Modern tech on old stuff is always fun. You're going the way anyway so why not add cool race stuff...

yes going for rpm, may run longer trumpets, but these were cheap
    i might be able to bring the headers out a bit at the head, once i drop the engine back in the bay ill check clearances and add some straight tube if possible[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind the lenght of the trumpets (intake runner) effect the lenght the exhaust runners have to have.
    I've had trouble figuring out what lenght the intake and exhaust runners need to be to have the power where i want it.
    I based my on the lenght of the exhaust manifold i have.., i'll add the converter it's in german, but everything helps i guess..
    This website is for sale! kartwork.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, kartwork.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

i stole the primary tube lengths based off another guy with a similar spec engine to mine, but i want to crank up engine analyser and have another play at some point. im not going for getting every drip of power out of the engine, im just building shit coz i can really, with a little bit of forethought
    Have fun with the engine analyser, i looked at it once and that can fxck right up, way to complicated for me...
    To squeeze everything out would be to much money and would be undrivable on the street.

will be running standalone ecu, havent decided which one yet. plan is sequential ignition and injection(youll actually spy a cam sensor on the timing cover in the last pic), TPS, o2, temp and pressure sensors. not sure i want to mess around with knock, having read some info its rather dependant on resonant frequencies to detect knock properly(not false trigger) and can get expensive.
    I plan on using the Halltech Elite 1500 it seems to be pretty self explanatory and offers almost everything the oem stuff has.

Having fun building the engine is more important then the why.

Comment

• so got the headers all equal and at 74.5cm long as it sits. theres enough space(i think) to add a collector to the end, unless i decide to make primaries longer. been playing with that converter you linked, and engine analyzer. plenty of time to decide, and still working out which cam i want.

can reach all 4 plugs, and can get to each nut either with a ratchet or spanner from the top

also added a 1" straight pipe right off the head as per your suggestion. that may be what puts ot too close to the strut tower, but will wait and see when i drop it in the car again. pretty happy with how it looks and sits

Comment

• Any updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
          Any updates?
          nothing lately, shed has been filled with parents stuff because they moved back up, so havent had room to move. and been working on a few things on the e36. should be dribs and drabs of progress soon though

Comment

• not really any progress on the old girl, I might potter around here or there on occasion, but I have finally decided(99% sure) on a paint colour.

its a Volvo colour of all things, called rebel blue. wanted to go for a non metallic, more pastel look, in the sun it really lightens up!

plan is still to go group2 fenders, so may do them in carbon, and black window trims for a nice contrast

Untitled by troy, on Flickr

had a workmate mix up a can and I spraybombed a spare guard, then threw on some clear. this will be stripped in time anyway, so wasn't anywhere near a perfect job, but I'm happy with the colour

Comment

• group 2 fenders are here! these are proper e21 fenders, unlike the 2002 ones I got years ago to "save money". lesson learnt, spend a bit extra and buy the right stuff!

I am going to try and use the old front valance, as I may modify it to my liking anyway

Comment

• The more i see this with those wheels on, the more i actually quite like it. Sacrilege but I'd love to go for a Hakosuka style on this beemer. Mirrors on the wings and all. Anyway, nice build dude!

Comment

• Originally posted by Royshe View Post
                  The more i see this with those wheels on, the more i actually quite like it. Sacrilege but I'd love to go for a Hakosuka style on this beemer. Mirrors on the wings and all. Anyway, nice build dude!
                  haha, I did consider watanabes at one point, but I think the PLS ITC I have will be perfect once I build them

been making progress on my slide throttles lately, bit the bullet on cnc machining, and it came out great.

next is some new hardware on the way to keep it together, then sort out getting an ecu on the engine and test running

Comment

• Dude, that throttle set is sexy! Is there any seal between the plate and the body or is it just very tight tollerances and thats it
                    Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

• tight tolerances, seems to be how they did it on the old stuff, so I'm just copying that for the most part

Comment

• loving my plasma cutter, ideas to design to fab to bolting on

Comment

Working...
                        X