Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover your ears when approaching a bump is usually my way

Comment

Haha, buttclenching maybe necessary. I've gotta do this now aha, its given me some inspiration.

Comment

My current tire size/load rating is, 235/40/R19, 96Y.

How much of a differences will 235/35/R19 be? not enough im guessing...

Comment

this thing slammed would be tits. the first time i heard about this car was on Top Gear lol (if you have seen the episode you know what im talking about).

i would do a 215/35/19. that way you can go lower and have a bit of stretch.

Comment

But will it have that much stretch or will it look like i cant afford proper sized tyres aha

Comment

gotta love my dodgey photoshopping. grill black out

Comment

depends. how wide are the wheels? a 215 will give a decent stretch on a 8.5"

Comment

My. God.

I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am. I'd KILL (almost literally) for a Brera - or any Alfa for that matter. Here are some ideas (I've given this quite a bit of thought since I got to Italy):

- If you want to stance it, yet keep the traditional Alfa look, I vote you keep Alfa wheels on it. What are the specs of the stock pieces? Tire size?
                  - Continuing with the wheel topic, if you really want to change the wheels, how about going with some 8C wheels? Or what about Ferrari wheels? Before everyone freaks out over the price and rarity or even pure sacrilege, a set of Ferraris would keep the Fiat Group bloodline, and probably come in much wider options so you could push the stance game.
                  - I'm not familiar with the Brera's suspension setup, but adjustable lower control arms, camber plates, and other assorted bits will allow you to dial in the stance once lowered more.
                  - Like everyone's said, you'll need to roll/pull your arches to ensure you're not destroying your wheels and tires.

If it were my car, I'd get some custom made coilovers (along the lines of the design of the StanceWorks Zero Clearance coils - comfortable and low!), camber plates, adjustable rear lower control arms, and put either the Hamann Anniversary II wheel in 20x12 (if it'll fit? Comes in 20x8.5 too) with 255/40/20 or Ferrari F430 Challenge 19x10 wheels on there, and run 225/40/19 rubber all around. Or something like that...

Beyond that, I don't know where to go. I love the car mate - it's a beauty. I will say one thing though - PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DON'T black out the grille. It's a great contrast to the rest of the car, recalls its Italian pedigree, and adds a touch of elegance to an otherwise brutally mean looking pavement prowler.
                  Last edited by Puma; 02-23-2011, 03:24 AM.

sigpic
                  Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                  • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

Good god that car is nice.
                    Jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Puma View Post
                      My. God.

I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am. I'd KILL (almost literally) for a Brera - or any Alfa for that matter. Here are some ideas (I've given this quite a bit of thought since I got to Italy):

- If you want to stance it, yet keep the traditional Alfa look, I vote you keep Alfa wheels on it. What are the specs of the stock pieces? Tire size?
                      - Continuing with the wheel topic, if you really want to change the wheels, how about going with some 8C wheels? Or what about Ferrari wheels? Before everyone freaks out over the price and rarity or even pure sacrilege, a set of Ferraris would keep the Fiat Group bloodline, and probably come in much wider options so you could push the stance game.
                      - I'm not familiar with the Brera's suspension setup, but adjustable lower control arms, camber plates, and other assorted bits will allow you to dial in the stance once lowered more.
                      - Like everyone's said, you'll need to roll/pull your arches to ensure you're not destroying your wheels and tires.

If it were my car, I'd get some custom made coilovers (along the lines of the design of the StanceWorks Zero Clearance coils - comfortable and low!), camber plates, adjustable rear lower control arms, and put either the Hamann Anniversary II wheel in 20x12 (if it'll fit? Comes in 20x8.5 too) with 255/40/20 or Ferrari F430 Challenge 19x10 wheels on there, and run 225/40/19 rubber all around. Or something like that...

Beyond that, I don't know where to go. I love the car mate - it's a beauty. I will say one thing though - PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DON'T black out the grille. It's a great contrast to the rest of the car, recalls its Italian pedigree, and adds a touch of elegance to an otherwise brutally mean looking pavement prowler.

Cheers for all the thoughts on the car.

Sorry to disagree with your hard work, i just REALLY, do not like Ferrari wheels, i've always thought they have been a let down even on their own cars, but i do like the idea of keeping it in the Family.
                      The 8C wheels are the same but wider, so i cant justify buying them.

I will definately get some lower profile tyres for it, whether it be on new wheels or not.

I would love to get some of those Zero clearance parts, but i shed out a load of money on some KW V3's last year around april time, and they are at about mid setting at the moment, so i'm sure they'll do fine

The grill blackening went a little to far, i think i could possibly just blacken the headlight surrounds.

Again, thanks for all the effort that went in to that.

Comment

Is this plateless yet

Comment

No, gunna shorten the number on the front though, but the previous owner drilled at least 200 holes in the front bumper so, have to clean that up first

Comment

Originally posted by sCrapp View Post
                            Cheers for all the thoughts on the car.

Sorry to disagree with your hard work, i just REALLY, do not like Ferrari wheels, i've always thought they have been a let down even on their own cars, but i do like the idea of keeping it in the Family.
                            The 8C wheels are the same but wider, so i cant justify buying them.

I will definately get some lower profile tyres for it, whether it be on new wheels or not.

I would love to get some of those Zero clearance parts, but i shed out a load of money on some KW V3's last year around april time, and they are at about mid setting at the moment, so i'm sure they'll do fine

The grill blackening went a little to far, i think i could possibly just blacken the headlight surrounds.

Again, thanks for all the effort that went in to that.
                            Hey, not a problem! I was just looking for some really wide Fiat group wheels - Ferraris just happened to be an option. Honestly, those are the only two I like, and one of them is an aftermarket piece, so I hear you on that front.

The KW's are supposed to be pretty good (from what I hear), so you're on the right track there. That last bit was mostly just me dreaming about what I'd do if I had a ton of money to throw at a car like the Brera.

Keep us posted on the progress! It already looks great - I'm excited to see what's next.

sigpic
                            Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                            • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

I **** commenting without something useful to say but UGH I just have to say that this car is amazing and it's ridiculous how much of a work of art it is from the factory.

Stanced...... my jizz's jizz is gonna jizz.
                              Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X