Fluid MotorUnion: An Inside Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    We have not built a motorcycle-engined open cockpit car...but the idea is certainly intriguing.

Our missile launch control area is actually getting painted right now, elsewise I would have included it in the photoshoot.
    I can has wmd? just shoot it over, Ill catch it.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Definitely the cleanest independent shop I have seen in Chicagoland, and I have been to a lot looking for employment.

One thing though, I see no alignment rack anywhere....
      Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
        Definitely the cleanest independent shop I have seen in Chicagoland, and I have been to a lot looking for employment.

One thing though, I see no alignment rack anywhere....
        We actually don't have an alignment rack

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
        I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Going to have to come see this place in person this summer...
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Nice!

where can I find more pics of the m3 sedan????

- '89 E30 M-Tech 2
            - '10 TT RS
            - '13 A3 SB

Comment

Hi Guys

Comment

Wow very cool place you guys have there.

Comment

My buddy called there asking if you guys redrill wheels and the lady told him, "why would you redrill wheels, thats very dangerous and your wheels can fall off and you can die"
                  Really, is that how you guys talk to customers?

Comment

Originally posted by 4rings View Post
                    Really, is that how you guys talk to customers?
                    No. We only talk in rhymes. Especially when it's a life or death situation.
                    [/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by AJ@Fluid MotorUnion View Post
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Best fucking response EVER!

Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Having you mom answer the phones is like talking to a brick wall. Maybe she should get back to her "very successful" nursing job instead of trying to be hip and stay at the shop.

Comment

Having you mom answer the phones is like talking to a brick wall. Maybe she should get back to her "very successful" nursing job instead of trying to be hip and stay at the shop.
                            You're on a very quick path to being on my shit list. Stop while you're not too far behind.
                            First and final warning.

Comment

Actually, AJ is our head engineer in charge of design. You must be thinking of OJ, the owner, but that's okay, I understand the mishap. A and O are quite close, both in alphabetical order and phonetics. My mom is a preschool teacher, so I see this all the time. No need to feel ashamed.

And in regards to your specific ad hominem attack, Marilynn is actually the glue that holds together the backbone of Fluid. Somehow, one woman manages to run all the books for Fluid, keeping the service department running at 100% capacity, while ensuring that the shop itself is orderly and well maintained. On top of that, she knows more about cars than a lot of other people do, so there's not a constant running back-and-forth between techs and the phones; if you've got a question regarding your car's service, usually Marilynn can provide that answer. Along with all this, the phones ring almost constantly around here, and guess who's answering the majority of them? Yep.

And to address the completely baseless (and rather pointless) mention of her nursing business, hell yes it's successful. You know why? Because she's hardcore, she knows what she's doing and she knows that it takes a lot of ass-busting (as opposed to ass-kissing, which is what you seemed to want from that re-drilling phone call) to run a successful business.

And let us not forget to mention that there's two sides to every story. Marilynn is unafraid to tell it like it is, and I guess that's a good quality to have when you're explaining to people that their engine blew up because they drove their overheating car 150 miles on the highway in the red. Perhaps your call to this shop was a little less than friendly on the phone, maybe even combative. Were that the case, there's nothing wrong with how she responded, if this story is even true. We've been too busy rolling hard for me to find out the truthiness behind this story, not that it's more than an aborted afterthought in my head, because it's not.
                              Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 01-31-2011, 11:06 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                              www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                              I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

There's always one bad banana

Comment

Working...
                                X