No announcement yet.

Spring Rates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have DDMs with the stock rates which is something like 550f/350r. Maybe just these are soft or its NJ roads but the front is still soft if you wanna run an aggressive stance. Come spring I think I will order new stiffer springs for them.
    "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

I'm also interested in this... my coilovers are Bilstein PSS so I DONT have adjustable dampening. Right now I'm at 400fr 425r and I'm wondering how high rates I can go without being under dampened? I don't wanna bouncy car....

Comment

im running 11kg in the front and 8kg in the back.
        dunno what that is in lbs. lol
        Flickr
        need your fenders rolled or your car shot? pm me for info! =]

Comment

your problem is you dont quite understand suspension theory
          your ride isnt determined by your spring, its determined by your shock/strut. Your spring only indicates how much force is needed to change the position of the body of the car vertically. The damper settings (I.E. Valving) determines how fast it compresses, and rebounds both determining your ride.

unless you revalve your shocks, buy good shocks, or whatever its going to be bumpy as fuck

even if you buy coilovers, you can only go 2k + or - from the one on there to stay in the supposed damper curve. most of the suspension i use you can send in for spring change and valve matching
          Disclaimer:
          I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

im runnin 600/850 and i still rub like crazy and it not too harsh for me, to be honest it feels exactly the same as the 350/450 i had before but then again im on shitty koni shocks.. thinkin bout goin to 850/1050 and pairing that up with better shocks..

all this talk about spring rates and no shocks? whats a good shock/strut to buy? what specs do we need to look for as far as that goes?

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
            form>function
            "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

Also how hard is it to piece together your own coilover setup? Is it cheaper then already made setups? Whats involved? I still haven't touched my e36's suspension, but that's just because I'm contemplating keeping my e36 or e24. I'm aware I would need to go custom with the e24 as I don't know of any off the shelf coils for that.

Anyways any info is appreciated on mine and others' questions. I'm a noob with suspension and any info helps.

Comment

check bimmerforums.com, They have more e36's on there then white on rice

Comment

Originally posted by balleur View Post
                  im runnin 600/850 and i still rub like crazy and it not too harsh for me, to be honest it feels exactly the same as the 350/450 i had before but then again im on shitty koni shocks.. thinkin bout goin to 850/1050 and pairing that up with better shocks..

all this talk about spring rates and no shocks? whats a good shock/strut to buy? what specs do we need to look for as far as that goes?
                  i might have missed this but, you arent on raceland struts anymore then? what i would do is pick up some blown konis dirt cheap and have them relaved and shortened to your own spec. its alittle over 200 for the service, so you come out to about the same price as off the shelf konis, but custom tailored. i just sold some ground control rear adjustable shocks for 50 bucks that needed revalving.
                  Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X