X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ye. party at your house.

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
      Honestly, not that bad. Obviously it's a region with extreme temperatures, and our infrastructure is getting more retarded instead of less retarded, and there isn't much to do compared to any major city.

But on the bright side, we have tons of beautiful greenspace within the city, which I hear is unusual. OK jobs are plentiful, you can get pretty much anywhere in the city quickly compared to bigger cities, even with lack of efficiency. And there is no lack of fun stuff you can do if you get creative. Housing is cheap.

I don't plan on leaving, it's good enough for me. I don't think I'd do well in a metropolis like Toronto of Vancouver.. I like renting a small house with a big yard 10 minutes away from downtown.
      Thats rotten about the city planning blowing it, but it sounds like you've found a place that fits you well. that's what i'm looking for right now.

I'm envious of you having a house yard and (i'm guessing) a garage to work in.

I live downtown right now and 1) parking indoors does not exist 2) my apartment does not allow dogs 3) my neighbors are dorks 4) i live above four bars on a street FULL of bars, and i am constantly sidestepping absolutely wasted, roided out 19 year olds who want to tell me about their cousins "turbo neon"

Shit isn't ideal. the actual apartment i have is beautiful though. it's a shame.

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
      Just stopping by to say...

your girlfriend is tiny and cute as a button.

Thanks Nick! I'll tell her that. She's so small and thin and beautiful, and i look like this tall pale ghoul compared to her haha

Originally posted by nykwhy2 View Post
      ye. party at your house.
      You bring the

I'll bring the
      Last edited by padraigmk3; 01-18-2011, 09:42 PM.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

dude. sounds like winnipegs for you if you want sprinkle ice cream and goldenEye matches
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

I've only been to Whistler and Vancouver but they are two of my favourite places in the world. Would highly recommend them. I didn't read all the posts but saw your comment on the drugs/bums, they weren't too bad when I was there last year (vancouver). Still around but they're not in your face etc, there are streets where they hang out in groups and it's obvious they're taking drugs etc and there's hookers there too but honestly it wasn't a problem. The nicer areas were bum/hooker/drug free.

Roads in both places seemed good although I didn't drive a lowered car there, I didn't see hardly any potholes or whatever.

Also snow in winter, hot in summer = win win. So much sports going on in Whistler all year round but the only thing is accomodation is difficult to find. Not so hard in Vancouver.

Ps more pics of the girl! She is damn hot, I can see why you aren't willing to give her up. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
            dude. sounds like winnipegs for you if you want sprinkle ice cream and goldenEye matches
            I think so. it'd be nice to go for a vacation and see what it's like there.
            If you use oddjob though... we can't be friends.

If i got anywhere near your lincoln though... i know i'd need to be wearing adult diapers.
            Need to see new photos of that in the spring.

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
            I've only been to Whistler and Vancouver but they are two of my favourite places in the world. Would highly recommend them. I didn't read all the posts but saw your comment on the drugs/bums, they weren't too bad when I was there last year (vancouver). Still around but they're not in your face etc, there are streets where they hang out in groups and it's obvious they're taking drugs etc and there's hookers there too but honestly it wasn't a problem. The nicer areas were bum/hooker/drug free.

Roads in both places seemed good although I didn't drive a lowered car there, I didn't see hardly any potholes or whatever.

Also snow in winter, hot in summer = win win. So much sports going on in Whistler all year round but the only thing is accomodation is difficult to find. Not so hard in Vancouver.

Ps more pics of the girl! She is damn hot, I can see why you aren't willing to give her up. Good luck!

Good to know, thanks for clearing the homeless population issue up a bit. I'm really curious what the roads/traffic are like there, and what the bike laws are. I **** wearing a helmet. I'm really leaning towards Van city after all this.

haha and no more pictures of my girlfriend. I feel like a creep just putting that one picture up!

Comment

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post

Good to know, thanks for clearing the homeless population issue up a bit. I'm really curious what the roads/traffic are like there, and what the bike laws are. I **** wearing a helmet. I'm really leaning towards Van city after all this.

haha and no more pictures of my girlfriend. I feel like a creep just putting that one picture up!

Yeah I felt a bit creepish writing it But seriously...

Bike laws as in push or motor bikes? We rode pushies for a few months without helmets and didnt have problems, not sure what the actual law is though

Comment

I'm fairly certain that nowhere in Canada is wearing a helmet required for bicycles, or not required for motorcycles/scooters.

Comment

Yeah, ON is in a horrid economic state and has been well before the recession and even worse after it.

VAN, is BEAUTIFUL! I spent two weeks there & Whistler <- needs moar money to live there though.

But yeah, i told myself if i was to move somewhere else in canada it'd be vancouver. I love it - such a nice change of scenery.

Worst comes to worst you can always come back to Toronto.

Have you thought about MTL? I know it may not be as much of a change as VAN could be, but another closer option if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                    Yeah I felt a bit creepish writing it But seriously...

Bike laws as in push or motor bikes? We rode pushies for a few months without helmets and didnt have problems, not sure what the actual law is though
                    Yeah, just pedal bikes.

Province of British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act
                    Bicycle Safety Helmetshelemt

A person commits an offence if that person operates or rides as a passenger on a cycle on a highway and is not properly wearing a bicycle safety helmet that
                    1. is designated as an approved bicycle safety helmet under subsection (4) (a), or
                    2. meets the standards and specifications prescribed under subsection (4) (b).

A parent or guardian of a person under the age of 16 years commits an offence if the parent or guardian authorizes or knowingly permits the person to operate or ride as a passenger on a cycle on a highway if that person is not properly wearing a bicycle safety helmet that
                    1. is designated as an approved bicycle safety helmet under subsection (4) (a), or
                    2. meets the standards and specifications prescribed under subsection (4) (b).
                    3. A person who is convicted of an offence under subsection (1) or (2) is liable to a fine of not more than $100.

Fuck.
                    At least it's not like here, where you pay a minimum of $140 if you're even sitting on your bike not wearing a helmet.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that nowhere in Canada is wearing a helmet required for bicycles, or not required for motorcycles/scooters.
                      I wish that were true but it's required in Nova Scotia

British Columbia, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia all passed legislation mandating either all-age or under-18 helmet use in the period 1995 to 1997. In November 2001, Alberta passed a private member's bill that makes helmets mandatory for cyclists under 18 years old, and an all-age mandatory helmet law was introduced on Prince Edward Island in 2003.
                      - that's what i found.

Originally posted by 01lexpl View Post
                      Yeah, ON is in a horrid economic state and has been well before the recession and even worse after it.

VAN, is BEAUTIFUL! I spent two weeks there & Whistler <- needs moar money to live there though.

But yeah, i told myself if i was to move somewhere else in canada it'd be vancouver. I love it - such a nice change of scenery.

Worst comes to worst you can always come back to Toronto.

Have you thought about MTL? I know it may not be as much of a change as VAN could be, but another closer option if need be.
                      I've thought about MTL before, having gone a few times. It's got a lot of things happening for it, and i have some close friends there, but the language issue for me and general anti-anglo attitude really bums me out. i know the english speaking pop. far outweighs the Quebecois but even so. i just get the feeling that i'm not welcome and that i wouldn't be happy there.

I know Ontario's economy got DP'd, which worries me with getting a job in the arts/ creative sector. i know i'm going to spend some time in Toronnuh, i just don't know if it should be now.

Also, my ex is from toronto, and she suuuuuucks.

you guys can have all the pictures of her you want.
                      good riddance.

Comment

I wish that were true but it's required in Nova Scotia
                        - that's what i found.
                        Hella shitty. Damn nannying governments.
                        Also, my ex is from toronto, and she suuuuuucks.
                        you guys can have all the pictures of her you want.
                        good riddance.
                        This calls for a new thread.

Comment

I like Mississauga. But if I did move it would be to Vancouver because that place is bomb.

Or whistler if I wanted to be not productive at all and broke.

I like em dropped.

Comment

I thought in Whistler you got paid to smoke weed and snowboard all day?

Dreams crushed.

Comment

I thought in Whistler you got paid to smoke weed and snowboard all day?

Dreams crushed.
                              Everything i know about Whistler:

MTV only has the facts. 9000% legitimate.

Comment

If you use oddjob though... we can't be friends.
                                roided out 19 year olds who want to tell me about their cousins "turbo neon"
                                Winnipeg is for you. Why?
                                1. Every Goldeneye match we have starts with everyone saying "NO ODDJOB!"
                                2. I own a turbo neon, but im not a roided 19 year old. (legit lol'd at that one)
                                3. The local car scene is great here.

nykwhy and benz can back me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X