No announcement yet.

The Oil Pan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and there is no undercoating left on my frame rails.

Comment

Yea me neither they drag on even the smallest of bumps lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        I **** that, changing lanes and scraping (or hitting reflectors in the road).

I had a huge grin on my face the first time someone told me I threw sparks.
        HAHA me too, they stopped me all worried that my car was falling apart, had no idea what it was. I just smiled

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
          Oh, and there is no undercoating left on my frame rails.
          +1

Comment

As a driver of vr6 VWs, I am always aware of oil pan incidents, I've only broken one, on my old gti, stock height, driving on a dirt road to get some luvin, blew a hole in my oil pan about 3 inchs by 2, no luvin that night and a nice tow truck ride home

Comment

never killed pans, but have busted cats on my mustang and the ltd lx before it. the foxbodies were designed with the cats being the lowest part of the car.... brilliance!

nearly pulled the exhaust on my mustang off by the cat->catback flange putting it on my dad's lift... that wasnt cool at all.
              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Eatin' Babies

Comment

Busted 2 on my old MK4 gti, busted 2 on my old MK3 jetta, and 1 on my old MK2 golf. needless to say i have felt the pain of having to change an oil pan on the side of the rd. and it's no fun although it is quite funny when people stop to ask if everything is ok and u get to tell them what happened. Who carries the essential oil pan repair kit in the trunk?

skidplates FTW

Comment

It really is impossible to change my oilpan on the side of the road. You can either raise the engine or drop the subframe, sway bar, and chassis brace. Either way it is about a 4 hour job.
                    Eatin' Babies

Comment

mk4's oil pans a re pritty easy, as well are mkII's....i wouldnt want to do yours...lol

Comment

Man, that is a nice crack on the front pan in that photo Austin.

Comment

Somehow I don't think "crack" describes it right

Comment

I know, right. More like gorge.

Comment

I went through 3 pans, in less than a year on my MK3 VR.

Comment

Took my maiden voyage since repairing my pan- all's well.

Comment

Working...
                                X