No announcement yet.

Midmounted Mazda Minitruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building beautiful friend! I'm following daily! I can not wait to see the finished project!
    and you drink lots of beer hahaha
    thx dude!
    drugstoreviewer.com

Comment

love it, can't wait to see more progress
      S50

Comment

Nice. Just watched all 6 videos. Coming along nicely.

Paint idea: While the satin black or green would be nice, at the same time I think they are too common a choice for the old-school look you're going for. I'd suggest the satin white, and maybe add a slightly rusted fade around the bottom. I think this might help give it a more "genuinely old" feel. You could use the same technique that you applied to the wheels. Maybe spray one coat of satin white over the "rust" so it looks more genuine too. I dunno. *shrug*

Just make sure the fade is random and uneven around the bottom of the cab. I think that would look cool since it'll be sitting low. It will look like the body has been sitting in a pool of water and started showing signs of decay.

...Just a thought.

Keep up the good work. The videos are funny as hell too.
        Last edited by Agent00J; 01-19-2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

lovin' this so far

Comment

Originally posted by Agent00J View Post
            Nice. Just watched all 6 videos. Coming along nicely.

Paint idea: While the satin black or green would be nice, at the same time I think they are too common a choice for the old-school look you're going for. I'd suggest the satin white, and maybe add a slightly rusted fade around the bottom. I think this might help give it a more "genuinely old" feel. You could use the same technique that you applied to the wheels. Maybe spray one coat of satin white over the "rust" so it looks more genuine too. I dunno. *shrug*

Just make sure the fade is random and uneven around the bottom of the cab. I think that would look cool since it'll be sitting low. It will look like the body has been sitting in a pool of water and started showing signs of decay.

...Just a thought.

Keep up the good work. The videos are funny as hell too.
            thanks, thats a good idea. ive also been thinking about something along the same lines, so might have to experiment a bit and see how it looks.

day eight...

Video build thread of a the Midmounted Mazda Minitruck, being built for show and street use in New Zealand. To watch the videos in order, click the 'playlist' on the 'Videos' tab on my channel. For photos and further information, see www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms cheers, Nick
            sigpic
            Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
            Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
            Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

day nine...

Video build thread of a the Midmounted Mazda Minitruck, being built for show and street use in New Zealand. To watch the videos in order, click the 'playlist' on the 'Videos' tab on my channel. For photos and further information, see www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms cheers, Nick
              sigpic
              Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
              Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

sweet project dude, i subed you on youtube the other day,

Rake Rake rake rake rake rake rake rake rake shovel spoon hoe. wait where was i going with this?

Comment

camo

Comment

sorry im not too keen on camo. looks good on some cars, but not really the look im going for for this one. cheers for the idea though

day ten...

sigpic

Comment

haha thought id throw it out there.

Comment

Dude the build and videos are rad! keep up the good work.
                        Girls with tattoos make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty62 View Post
                          Dude the build and videos are rad! keep up the good work.
                          thanks for the support, its keeping me motivated
                          sigpic

Comment

Really enjoying the videos as well. Definitely looks like you are having fun in the process. Great motor choice as well!

Comment

'And tell your wife what you want for dinner...' hahaha

Comment

day 11...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X