Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beard is were it was at.

Comment

Id say stuff a wrx engine in it. Cant go wrong with them. Thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic
        i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

haha yeah. they're not the worlds strongest boxes, but with it only driving through two wheels and the car being a lot lighter than a wrx, it should hold up ok i think. also, the only 'dragging' the truck will see won't be the type with two lanes and starting lights...
          sigpic
          Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
          Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
          Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

What about a 911 gear box? I'm sure it will hold up better to a V8 than the WRX.... Just saying.

And yes, I have had my fair share of Subbies and I have restored Porsches.

Originally posted by Zic
            i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

Nice teardown on day 2, impressive. How cheap are LSx motors over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Okin View Post
                What about a 911 gear box? I'm sure it will hold up better to a V8 than the WRX.... Just saying.

And yes, I have had my fair share of Subbies and I have restored Porsches.
                yeah thats the box i wanted, but they're about $5-7k over here, whereas i bought a subaru wrx sti 5 speed for $400 and an almost brand new forester (diesel) 5 speed for $200. converting it to 2wd is another $300.

Originally posted by iliescu View Post
                Nice teardown on day 2, impressive. How cheap are LSx motors over there?
                they're about $4-5k i think, so a bit out of my price range for what i want to spend on this build. probably too much torque for the little wrx gearbox too anyway... haha

day three...

Video build thread of a the Midmounted Mazda Minitruck, being built for show and street use in New Zealand. To watch the videos in order, click the 'playlist' on the 'Videos' tab on my channel. For photos and further information, see www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms cheers, Nick
                Last edited by 340i; 01-17-2011, 02:03 AM.
                sigpic
                Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

day four...

Video build thread of a the Midmounted Mazda Minitruck, being built for show and street use in New Zealand. To watch the videos in order, click the 'playlist' on the 'Videos' tab on my channel. For photos and further information, see www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms cheers, Nick
                  Last edited by 340i; 01-18-2011, 05:28 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

day five:

sigpic

Comment

day six:

sigpic

Comment

I like the fact that there is a new clip when I wake up in the morning, it's a nice way to start the day!

Oh... And the fish & chips.. Nice one..

Comment

Love it dude, keep it up. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
                          -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                          -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                          -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                          -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

I really like the wheels that are currently on the truck, i personally would work with those, they look 3 piece are those stock??

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisVRsix View Post
                              I really like the wheels that are currently on the truck, i personally would work with those, they look 3 piece are those stock??
                              unfortunately they're fake splits that i got for cheap (just to get it legal). they're 6 stud and only 15's, whereas i was keener to drop it on 5 stud 18's. i did consider putting my bbs wheels on it (17x9's and 17x11.5's) but it would've been too wide in the back. the way im setting it up, pretty much any wheel that fits a full size merc or audi will fit on this, so there are plenty of rim options in the future

and thanks to everyone for the nice comments. ill let my flatmate know (he's doing the editing for me)

cheers

nick
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drhernes View Post
                                I like the fact that there is a new clip when I wake up in the morning, it's a nice way to start the day!

Oh... And the fish & chips.. Nice one..
                                This..... Long live the timezone!

Keep it up, can't wait to see it finished...

Subscribed on YouTube and SW!

Comment

Working...
                                X