Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

now im torn between both :/
      found this site http://www.hps-airride.com/index.html and their competition range seems to be exactly what im looking for

Comment

after looking into air a little bit, i think its a potential option. However, when low/slammed, whats the car like when driving?
        I currently drive a Ford Focus (MK1) and ive seen a picture of the rear 'easystreet' air setup, when the car is at a low stance (not sure how low by the picture)-(i will be running pretty much slammed as a daily, remember that i only want to lift the car to get up my drive and over speed bumps) the bag seems to be 'creasing', surely the ride will just be bouncy or non existent to an extent?

heres a picture:

One thing i particularly need to clear up is - when you are at your lowest point, are the bags fully deflated? Or do they retain a certain bar/psi?
        If so, is it a case of just changing the length of the system so you can run a higher psi when 'low'

edit: another picture but from a different setup:

The lines ARE NOT connected yet in that picture so the bag is fully deflated, would it be the same once the lines+tank are connected and working? Or would it just not go as low?

From what ive found, easystreet are the only company that give you a new lowering arm designed with for air bag setup:

Last edited by j-stance; 02-27-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

if i new a little more about hydro's i would do it in heartbeat. bags are nice dont get me wrong and thats prolly the route i will end up going, but hydro's are true baller for sure way more travel then bags and everthing ive ever heard about ride and comfort is better
          i got 99 problems and they all b*tches - KC

Comment

I would love to help answer any questions you might have. The more I can show people the light, the bigger my smile gets

Comment

Originally posted by j-stance View Post
              after looking into air a little bit, i think its a potential option. However, when low/slammed, whats the car like when driving?
              I currently drive a Ford Focus (MK1) and ive seen a picture of the rear 'easystreet' air setup, when the car is at a low stance (not sure how low by the picture)-(i will be running pretty much slammed as a daily, remember that i only want to lift the car to get up my drive and over speed bumps) the bag seems to be 'creasing', surely the ride will just be bouncy or non existent to an extent?

heres a picture:

One thing i particularly need to clear up is - when you are at your lowest point, are the bags fully deflated? Or do they retain a certain bar/psi?
              If so, is it a case of just changing the length of the system so you can run a higher psi when 'low'

edit: another picture but from a different setup:

The lines ARE NOT connected yet in that picture so the bag is fully deflated, would it be the same once the lines+tank are connected and working? Or would it just not go as low?

From what ive found, easystreet are the only company that give you a new lowering arm designed with for air bag setup:

You don't have to worry about any of that with juice. It just replaces your factory shock. They make sizes 6-12 inch cylinders, so there is bound to be something to fit back there.

As far as the ride, it is adjustable via the accumulators. The more pressure within the accumulator, the firmer the ride gets. You can dial in whatever specific ride you're looking for.

Comment

alright i would be looking at a basic set up f-b-s-s i dont need to hop or three wheel, although that would be pimp, how many pumps, batteries, what size fittings, run check valves? im going to check and see if i can find some cyl that would go into my stock location.
                So any input you have would be great
                Last edited by thewagen; 03-15-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Well, the basic setup I would suggest would be a one pump five dump. It allows for individual corner control, but I know you said you were not necessarily into that. It only requires one check valve and slowdown. If you wanted pancake down, you would need a one pump six dump like I have. Let me know if you need more details.

Comment

sorry for the noob questions, but with hydraulics, do you still run a coil spring setup?or does it completely do away with old suspension etc, anyone have a good link for info that i can read up about hydraulic setups?
                    Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Comment

Originally posted by OCKlasse View Post
                      Well, the basic setup I would suggest would be a one pump five dump. It allows for individual corner control, but I know you said you were not necessarily into that. It only requires one check valve and slowdown. If you wanted pancake down, you would need a one pump six dump like I have. Let me know if you need more details.
                      i just check out hydroholics and there 1pump 5 dump kit seems reasonable priced and i would be happy with that for my first set of hydros. was there alot of custom fab work is it something i cold easily do in a weakend without a lift.....got me thinking now and im pretty damn excited lol

Comment

What about bagyards new setup they're coming out with?
                        If your looking to ride dumped and just be able to get over speedbumps, they're beginning to make a hydro system similiar to the KW variant 3's that is a hydro-over-coil set up that will raise and lower the car while keeping the same suspension travel. so far their just coming out with set ups for the front of coils. and also, although it may not be exactly what you're looking for, just another product out there to look up info on and learn more about the hydro/air game.

pic for reference

Comment

Originally posted by Sim0nvr6 View Post
                          What about bagyards new setup they're coming out with?
                          If your looking to ride dumped and just be able to get over speedbumps, they're beginning to make a hydro system similiar to the KW variant 3's that is a hydro-over-coil set up that will raise and lower the car while keeping the same suspension travel. so far their just coming out with set ups for the front of coils. and also, although it may not be exactly what you're looking for, just another product out there to look up info on and learn more about the hydro/air game.

pic for reference
                          i did read up about the kw's something like this would be an option for sure but the amount of travel isnt there.. decisions decisions

Comment

I thought this was going to be about steroids

I am disappoint
                            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

afew pic's of my cousins civic coupe on hydros. and yes it does indeed handle very well, much better than the coils he was running before hand. hope this helps
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/creaney/

Comment

this is the link for that entire shoot.
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/creaney/

Comment

Working...
                                X