No announcement yet.

Bump stops???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone cut thier e30 bumpstops? i know you can, and i wanna, i could use the travel.

Flickr

Comment

Sure you can. I am having a brain fart but it is either Bilstein or Koni that says transfer your OEM bumpstop to their shock and trim it down XX measurement...

Maybe that is the Koni's that come with Dinan springs. I forget.

Comment

OOOO i seee what you did there LOL but isnt that what dampers are made for? or they only help a little? can you put bump stop in the rear shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by TRiCC View Post
          OOOO i seee what you did there LOL but isnt that what dampers are made for? or they only help a little? can you put bump stop in the rear shocks?
          Dampeners? Those are the shocks

bump stop protects the shock from full compression.

Comment

Well hellabad on r3v , who works for GC, said you can cut the billy bumpstops about one third. He has a little pic showing where to cut but how to get to the bumpstop inside the strut is beyond me. Maybe im overthinking it.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Well hellabad on r3v , who works for GC, said you can cut the billy bumpstops about one third. He has a little pic showing where to cut but how to get to the bumpstop inside the strut is beyond me. Maybe im overthinking it.
              You're definitely over thinking it man.

I do'tt run them. Probably should.

It's literally just the strut shaft, with a little piece of rubber that slides around it. Kind of like a washer, but rubber and thicker. Cutting it in half just makes it less tall so the strut can compress farther. It still slides on and sits there just like normal. To take it off the strut, cut it, and put it back on, it would probably take you 47 seconds.

Comment

BUt you have konis, and those dont sound like internal bumpstops to me..

Flickr

Comment

i could have sworn sombody sold "clip on" bump stops. They look like little "C" shaped things that you would slide around the rod on the shock and you could stack them to make it whatever size you need

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

BUt you have konis, and those dont sound like internal bumpstops to me..
                    Who said anything about internal bumpstops? Are you saying Koni's have them... I didn't know that?

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    i could have sworn sombody sold "clip on" bump stops. They look like little "C" shaped things that you would slide around the rod on the shock and you could stack them to make it whatever size you need
                    I suppose you could just get a regular one and cut a slit in it and stretch it out and around yourself.

Comment

i dont have konis, they are none of my concern

Flickr

Comment

i dont have konis, they are none of my concern
                        Then why did you mention them or say anything about internal bumpstops? I'm confused! bastard!

Comment

billys do.. i think.. no idea about konis

Flickr

Comment

billys do.. i think.. no idea about konis
                            Oh... well in that case. touche. Good for you.

I'm pretty sure my springs are too stiff to bottom out the strut anyways though. I hope.

Comment

Working...
                            X