Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM is always the money maker. You don't get contracts and orders that size for the aftermarket industry, ever.

Comment

The whole buying real over fake and whatnot is a matter of opinion. We can debate all day about why everyone can save for real wheels, but the fact is, most people don't feel the worth in saving up and spending a couple thousand on wheels. Kielan, you obviously want the real deal and feel very strongly in representing the real company. Great. But you're not going to sway the others who don't agree with you.
      I want nice wheels and am saving for a good set, but I'll never tell someone who owns and likes their fake wheels to GTFO.
      People will buy what they want to and it's all dependent upon the persons drive and desire for wheels.
      Christof Goulart
      FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
        OEM is always the money maker. You don't get contracts and orders that size for the aftermarket industry, ever.
        true, very true. the general consumer will never have the same demand as a company like say Toyota
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Sure, if someone will buy it, then whoever is making it has a product.
          If someone is willing to buy it, then... well... yeah.
          I'm not supporting it, just saying.
          Christof Goulart
          FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

You fail to see the simplicity of what I'm saying. If someone can make it, whether it be shittier and it's a fraction cost of the real thing, someone will probably buy it.

I'm not arguing on morals. I'm not even arguing. I'm just stating that people will buy anything.

Again, I am not in support of it, but people will buy reps no matter what moral or economic argument someone makes.
            Christof Goulart
            FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

some of the points made make me wonder, like honestly do you guys read what you are putting in text haha...

anyone telling people if they dont have the money to buy baller shit then stop while your ahead? you do realize remarks like these in turn hurt the manufacturers and the hobby of car modifying as well.

why in the world would you want to rule out any possible future buyers and criticize them for not having money up front to buy top notch products. you do know that people buy lower quality things with the intentions of eventually upgrading... this is a process, as is everything else in life. If everyone in the car scene never bought fake parts and just the expensive things then they would not be so unique and baller and in human nature will still seek the need to find better/more unique products to stand out anyways. you guys cant preach enough to change how life works... your taking out factors and acting like they dont exist when in fact this is a hobby at the end of the day...you can go about your hobby any way you feel obligated to. so dont call people out for not wanting/choosing to buy real parts. for some, kids have got to be fed, roofs have to be put on top of peoples heads, and bills have got to be payed. if you can manage all that and still blow money on a hobby then cool for you. if not the clearly priorities are elsewhere.

everyone's first car is not a $50xxx item. they started with a piece of crap their momz gave them and were happy. im sure BMW, Audi, and Mercedes isnt benefiting, but tough shit. they deal with it.

its the people that cant necessarily afford the best things, that make you look better with the quality parts. if there was no need to want and to improve ones car then why are we all even here in the first place...
              if your worried more about the manufacturers and the logistics of this and less the fact that this is in no way shape or form life decisions and thats its a simple hobby, then you maybe need to just stop being involved in the car community. cause your killing it for the businesses as much as the next guy with rotas wanting to better his car. preaching, that because he has fake wheels, its an automatic classification that he will never be able to get real wheels/parts. when your just wrong and possibly lost one more potential buyer in the future.

summary:
              dont be the one to group and classify a person. as everyone has different situation in life. telling them to just stop modding cars is probably the most un thought out comment yet... i dont even need to explain more as to why.

and even if you genuinely feel bad for one manufacturer going out of business then lol for you caring so much about a topic thatll never get solved or fixed. especially with the ranting of people and diminishing of ones that want to even mod a car and upgrade parts hurts just as much

go step back and look at the big picture. rotas and other fake parts make you, the people with real parts, get the respect and appreciation you have. if the community threw all the fake part reppers out and just had real wheel after real wheel after real wheel, then yay you win right? you have completely taken any future success to modding in first place slowing down the production of EVERY aspect of the car community, not just a single part or brand as BBS as the population of this would be cut to a 1/4 or maybe even more of what it is now. manufacturers thrive off competition. without it they are shit out of luck as well
              Last edited by J.Wolfe; 01-05-2011, 10:56 AM.
              95 Acura Integra
              Volk Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan
                You fail to see the moral issues, and the economic issues of this.

Anyway back on topic, are all of VW's wheels still made by BBS?
                Were they ever making ALL the wheels on VWs? In general it seems that they make a portion of the OEM wheels and generally the ones that are considered "options" when building the car.

I know with MINI, the base wheels are some obscure manufacturer while the "upgrade" options are made by Borbet, Ronal, and BBS, although not labeled as such. As far as I know, those are still options on the MINI.

Comment

Kielan, most people don't get that.
                  Most consumers think, oh a cheap wheel that looks just like the real thing?
                  *click* buy.
                  That's all I'm getting at.
                  Christof Goulart
                  FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

On topic, nah I don't think it's the end for them. Reps will not take over the market, IMO.
                    Christof Goulart
                    FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

just close the thread to be honest. if any opinion is a repeated one then clearly this is a waste of time as is the situation at hand in the first place.

oh no bbs is almost out of business the world is ending... no they are ending and my life is going on. if i want some bbs's guess ill just have to do it the way i did a year ago, used. fuck if i care about them as i have no actual REAL feelings to their situation, just the opinions of others about the sore topic

sucks for them, but all things come to an end at some point. so move on with it people, honestly... its ONE wheel company. you know how many other REAL companies make mesh styled wheels? yeaaaaa...
                      95 Acura Integra
                      Volk Racing

Comment

Originally posted by J.Wolfe View Post
                        so dont call people out for not wanting/choosing to buy real parts. for some, kids have got to be fed, roofs have to be put on top of peoples heads, and bills have got to be payed. if you can manage all that and still blow money on a hobby then cool for you. if not the clearly priorities are elsewhere.
                        Here's the simple, but large, flaw in your argument. Not ALL real wheels cost $3k. End of story. There are probably thousands of wheels that are original designs that cost well under $1k and they don't come with the immoral copyright issues attached to stolen designs. Just because you can't afford the ridiculously priced "baller" wheels doesn't mean you HAVE to resort to replicas. There are plenty of affordable, good-looking, non-replica wheels.

People argue that buying non-replica wheels is out of their budget like they HAVE to buy replica wheels as if those are the only two options in the world. That argument will never make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                          Here's the simple, but large, flaw in your argument. Not ALL real wheels cost $3k. End of story. There are probably thousands of wheels that are original designs that cost well under $1k and they don't come with the immoral copyright issues attached to stolen designs. Just because you can't afford the ridiculously priced "baller" wheels doesn't mean you HAVE to resort to replicas. There are plenty of affordable, good-looking, non-replica wheels.

People argue that buying non-replica wheels is out of their budget like they HAVE to buy replica wheels as if those are the only two options in the world. That argument will never make sense to me.
                          but a discretion to your opinion is that whats considered real and not real. its all opinions whether you say so or not. i had rpf1's are they real? sure i guess so as in they have had replicas made. but what about wheels that havnt had replicas made and are just not popular and expensive wheels...

i have honestly lost all care for this subject as you guys have beaten it out of haha. i just feel the way people want to go about this and the way it needs to be are at split ends... you cant change people no matter the argument you present. this thread should have been made like 5 years ago when maybe it mattered a little more. it doesnt at all now a days. lifes a cycle. cant fuck with that no matter how much you try.
                          95 Acura Integra
                          Volk Racing

Comment

So why aren't the real companies suing the fake wheel companies for these "immoral copyright issues" and "stolen designs"?
                            Christof Goulart
                            FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Originally posted by runningpanda View Post
                              So why aren't the real companies suing the fake wheel companies for these "immoral copyright issues" and "stolen designs"?
                              Not "suing", but taking a stand on it.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                              Originally posted by Jedidiah
                              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Real BBS RD's that I bought for $200 off Craigslist. You just gotta keep your eyes peeled.

Comment

Working...
                                X