• star cricket live streaming

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrian78 View Post
      ???
      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• added a front lip to the RB s13 and a dash(needs some detail to be added!!!!!!)

got more topline blitz and Mikuni Factory/OD WORk Gnosis wheels in...all chrome. I didn't like the all chrome look so i painted the faces and IMO, looks WAYYYYYYYY better!

put a few projects aside and started on these for 2013. FC will be on hold until i figure out a color/wheel combo lol.

decided to do some VIp bodies since its been a long time since ive done one.
        ABC honda odyssey

ABC lexus LS460

BTW, the Sessions HPI LS will also get some treatment as well. Ive got to many bodies that i don't know what to start! haha to be continued...

Comment

• Originally posted by mikep415 View Post
          added a front lip to the RB s13 and a dash(needs some detail to be added!!!!!!)

got more topline blitz and Mikuni Factory/OD WORk Gnosis wheels in...all chrome. I didn't like the all chrome look so i painted the faces and IMO, looks WAYYYYYYYY better!

put a few projects aside and started on these for 2013. FC will be on hold until i figure out a color/wheel combo lol.

decided to do some VIp bodies since its been a long time since ive done one.
          ABC honda odyssey

ABC lexus LS460

BTW, the Sessions HPI LS will also get some treatment as well. Ive got to many bodies that i don't know what to start! haha to be continued...
          ohhhh shit i just realized who you are! lol Stockton!
          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
            ohhhh shit i just realized who you are! lol Stockton!

i think you got the wrong person lol. My name is mike originally from daly city but now living in san diego. Been year for years lol.

Comment

Three bodies that I have wanted to pick up. But I have so many that are collecting dust already. AND I haven't even touched my dragster project or any RC stuff for that matter. You might just make me want to work on the roll cage. Any pictures of the dash out of the car during the build?
              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• Originally posted by los02 View Post
                Three bodies that I have wanted to pick up. But I have so many that are collecting dust already. AND I haven't even touched my dragster project or any RC stuff for that matter. You might just make me want to work on the roll cage. Any pictures of the dash out of the car during the build?
                lol yeah i have 3 bog boxes with about 10-12 in each and 3 small boxes with about 4 in each full with bodies lol. I need to stop this shhhh and put more work into my G sedan! haha but i try to remember to post pics. its the same dash from tech racing. I actually got mine from Kroner(Bokal) for free. I was in the process of making my own but i'll be making a new one with tray tables for the VIp bodies.

Comment

• Small update.

Sunroof is cut out and track will be made for that. I also decided to add a D-like soarer rear diffuser to the rear of the LS. Originally i was going to use the soarer diffuser on my tamiya/Overdos Sessions aristo, but the rear of the tamiya aristo has enough depth to leave it as is and just add an exhaust vs the LS460, very plain and blank rear end. I was going to just chrome out the exhaust part of the rear bumper and leave it but it looked to much like something was missing.

pics of rear end of the LS and tamiya aristo. Aristo obviously has more detail on the rear bumper

the rear look i am somewhat after..

what i was able to come up with

cut and mock up. Still need to sand some areas and fix the fitment a bit

pretty happy with how the rear looks now. I need to figure out if i want to paint the front grill or cut them out, and make some out of styrene...we'll see. More later..

Comment

• NICE! How do you plan to mount the diffuser? The body is vertical and the diffuser is horizontal. (you know what I'm trying to say... I haven't been to sleep yet) The body itself does not have a lip. Looks a lot more intimidating with it too.

I have yet to personally use styrene at all. I read some people that say they mess up the paint trying to glue the styrene to the body. And I see others paint the body then cut doors and panels off and glue styrene afterwards with no problems. I think I have some 4MM tube styrene that I was planning on using as a rollcage bar. And then comes the issue of bending it around something and getting the angles/bends right. SMH.

I might have to bring out my Yokomo 180sx body that I painted and never ran and start testing things out on that shell. Damn grill decals are falling off of it. Lost one. Have servo and everything to do 3rd channel flip up lights. I need to make some progress on SOMETHING.
                    Last edited by los02; 01-11-2013, 04:49 AM.
                    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• Originally posted by los02 View Post
                      NICE! How do you plan to mount the diffuser? The body is vertical and the diffuser is horizontal. (you know what I'm trying to say... I haven't been to sleep yet) The body itself does not have a lip. Looks a lot more intimidating with it too.

I have yet to personally use styrene at all. I read some people that say they mess up the paint trying to glue the styrene to the body. And I see others paint the body then cut doors and panels off and glue styrene afterwards with no problems. I think I have some 4MM tube styrene that I was planning on using as a rollcage bar. And then comes the issue of bending it around something and getting the angles/bends right. SMH.

I might have to bring out my Yokomo 180sx body that I painted and never ran and start testing things out on that shell. Damn grill decals are falling off of it. Lost one. Have servo and everything to do 3rd channel flip up lights. I need to make some progress on SOMETHING.
                      you can't tell from the pic but the diffuser has a small mounting section around it. its basically going to be shoo goo'd on and i also made mounting tabs for it. I plan to have a functional sunroon, and maybe if i am not too lazy, make the windoes roll up and down.

styrene is very easy to use. they also have certain thickness in sheets for easier cutting. As for the tubes, i usually use a heat gun and heat/bend and position it to the body itself. you can also use a lighter if you dont have a heat gun lol. the stories about people messing paint up when gluing them, is because they probably use a heavy amount of shoogoo or glue to stick them on and or paint might not be fully cured.

as for your yokomo body, just cut the front grills out. I never use any decals on the body lol but i think i have a full 180sx decal sheet somewhere

Comment

• Mikep415, are you a wizard?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• is this real life?
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                            is this real life?
                            Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                            Mikep415, are you a wizard?
                            LOL no Wizard. Stuck on trying to figure out a color for the LS.

Comment

LOL no Wizard. Stuck on trying to figure out a color for the LS.
                              This color... lol

..just realizing that that picture doesn't do the paint or color any justice!
                              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

I have those wheels as well! have you thought about painting the inner face behide the spokes? i painted mine black and painted the faces silver.

HPI LP32(32mm tire) is the same width but the HPI LP series tires/wheels are alightly bigger in diameter. They do make 32mm drift tires but it depends on brand. Check this site
                                http://www.raikoudrifttires.com/
                                thats acctually a good idea, thanks man..
                                your cars are crazy,they are just too nice

Comment

Working...
                                X