Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 02 wrx budget build. how cheap and low can a subie go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secks! I effing love those rims on the legacy
    '13 Civic
    4x4 until not poor

Comment

The saw blades and the legacy actually well together

Comment

i think i see you around KW from time to time. Either that or you have a twin
        God bless this mess

Comment

i've seen your legacy before on another forum. great work. Once you buy one scoob its hard to leave em!
          $W∆G

Comment

Originally posted by sawatsky View Post
            i think i see you around KW from time to time. Either that or you have a twin
            Hahaha thanks man! feel free to wave madly or stop and say hi if it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
              The saw blades and the legacy actually well together
              I can second that. Looks good man.
              Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
              Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

Thanks guys! It's all so I can finish off the big plans on the wrx

Comment

Well, I laid out this winter's build plans. The car is away on jack stands, and I met with everyone involved in this winter's build this week.

My budget is $2200 (cdn) which will be earned part-time doing powder-coating as I am a full time student.

I will be tying up loose ends with the swap.

In addition to that I will be wrapping the pillars and headliner in black suede (including the gauge pod...somehow). I will also instal my JDM evo vii Recaro seats, and clean everything. I also located a heating control unit that has the degrees in celsius as opposed to Fahrenheit.

The exterior will be the biggest project. I'm moulding in a one-off rear lip, and making a custom front bumper. This will all be followed up by blocking the car out and a complete respray, including a scoop-less hood.

As for my wheels, as mentioned I own a powder-coating business so I will be refinishing them in an off-white. I will repair and re polish the lips. I am going to be plating the bolts gold and adding a special touch to the centre caps.

The rest of the project will be lots and lots of small details that I'll be documenting.

Thanks for the interest everyone! The car has come a long way in one year of ownership, and I look forward to the next step in the project. This will be the last build on the car. After this, I will be focussing funds on other things, and working on my long-neglected Datsun.

Cheers! Updates to come.

Comment

Good luck, for all those plans! Sounds like you've got your hands full but it's going to be well worth it! Can't wait to see some pics of the progress hopefully, and once it's all finished up and done!
                    '13 Civic
                    4x4 until not poor

Comment

• I love your car man, all the kids in my town have newer ones and I'm kinda getting tired of looking at them -.-

91' e30 325ix m20 3.1 stroker
                      My Photography http://austingrubbs.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I <3 your beater. Wagon looks to perfect on Sawblades a bit lower and it would be money!
                        Follow on IG
                        amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                        Vintage AME Wheels
                        RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                        W115 & W123

Comment

• Thanks guys!

I'm keeping the wagon that height just in case we do get an actual winter here. But I think it might be a wasted effort.

Comment

• Since you guys like Sheila so much. Here she is hanging out at my parent's place.

and yes I did bring it down about ~1/2" since the first pics

Comment

• Started My trunk tonight. Laid out the basic shape of the wing. It will have more of a slope up from the deck of the truck, and be slightly smaller (and smoother) but you can sort of get a basic idea.

Comment

• Sweet build!!!
                                '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
                                R lookalike

Comment

Working...
                                X