Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scammed! by! s4cr! out of thousands of $$$!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scammed! by! s4cr! out of thousands of $$$!

I really **** to do this, but I've been PM'd here & on bimmerforums regarding a fellow member on here that has scammed me out of a set of wheels.

I don't know the best way to go about this story, but s4cr has stolen a very! very! large chunk of money from me. This situation is beyond sad & has left me close to vomit on an almost daily basis for almost 2 months now.

DO NOT BUY FROM S4CR!

S4CR is a SCAMMER!

S4CR will take your money & promise you wheels that he does not even own!
    please please be careful; again, DO NOT BUY FROM S4CR!

I've been asked to please post this thread warning forum members. I feel horrible doing so, but at the same time, I feel it's an obligation to fellow wheel whores to be careful.

his name on StanceWorks, MaxBimmer, Bimmerforums, VWVortex, & Stanced.lt is s4cr. His real name is Antonis Palekis from Lietuva, Telsini. it's in Lithuania.

basically, he lures you in with a set of wheels that he says he owns, are rare, & in mint condition. he says he'll paint the wheels whichever way you want, freshly polish the lip, zoop seal it, send with a brand new key locking device . . . the whole shabang. basically he tells you everything you want to hear.

Antonis, s4cr, told me to just send the money & he'll get you a tracking number sent directly to my email within 24hrs. of receiving the cash. once he had gotten my money, he seemed to stall on sending the tracking numbers & said he couldn't make it out to the shipper that same day & would try the next. didn't happen, so he says our time zones are completely different so he will do it first thing tomorrow, but it'll seem like a couple of days because of our differences in time zones again.

okay, no problem I'm thinking. I mean, the guy's on a bunch of forums, seems really into fitment & bimmers, etc. nothing was fishy & besides, the dude's so genuine sounding in his emails that I had nothing to question.

so, almost two weeks go by & I start to think something seems a bit off here. I've purchased plenty of wheels before from overseas & never remember having a similair dealing. I want to PM s4cr, but I feel silly asking him to prove they've been sent, so I stall on my own end figuring he'll just copy/ paste them to me sometime soon.

it became about 5 weeks since I had paid closer to $2,000 than it was $1,000 & my subconcious keeps telling me to just PM the dude & ask for the tracking numbers. it's not checking up on the guy, it's just something that should be understood when purchasing anything online. it's the same as getting a receipt at a store, so I do PM him.

Antonis is all cool with me, he says he's sorry he hasn't gotten back to me. He says it's because he wanted to make sure the wheels were in perfectly restored condition & that the polish on the lips were even, etc. I had them painted by him as well - at least supposidely, & he tells me in a PM how the guy was dragging & he didn't want to rush him in fear he'd do a bad job, etc.

I think s4cr is literally my best friend & looking out for me here, so I believe these stories & lay back thinking that s4cr is treating my wheel purchase like gold, so don't stress him out as he is already doing that to himself over my set of wheels. He says don't worry, I answer your every reply fabel & emphasizes how it's very important to keep in good contact with me so I feel safe as to where my wheels are at every given moment. Remind you here that he has not sent ouf this set of wheels 5 weeks past the date I had paid him what I will refer to as 'thousands'.

I think this is stupid & should not be the case, so I tell him if you cannot get my wheels done by the end of the week, just refund some of the cash I gave you & ship them out already. He says no man, I want you to be proud when you open the boxes & help create an epic build for you so please just hold tight. he says I can ask a couple of people of his business dealings here & vortex as to create some trust, but I say it's all good, just send them out by the end of this week because I'm starting to get scared. He says, yep; promise.

well, the end of the week goes by & nothing. I get pissed, but don't contact him because again, I try to be very respectful & think highly of Antonis Palekis of Lithuania. foolish of me! I start thinking of how many people I know that will only buy wheels in person for similair reasons etc. my dumb ass though was only concentrated on gettin' some rare shoes mounted up & so my judgement became easily clouded. this furthered in my head as clouded judgement when I asked why he would do this; it would only come back to haunt him. I also told myself to stay cool, because this guy is like the nicest you've ever met.

so wrong of me! s4cr surely scammed me. I kept having thoughts at this point on how I'm dealin' with a dude overseas that has had my money now for close to 2 months & still hasn't sent my wheels out. I get all crazy in the head when I realize some dude over seas has my money & my wheels & the true story of what's going on here while I just sit back & say, naw, the dude is straight as hell.

this fades right before the actual two month mark & I PM his saying I need proof of some sort that these wheels have been sent out. he says in his country they do not provide such without paying an extra fee. I say I don't care, pay it & contact me before weeks end because I don't like thinking about this everyday; I literally can't handle how strong some of the fears are on my mind.

Antonis tells me to relax & that he's sorry. s4cr continues to go on saying he will pay out of pocket for these tracking numbers, but if I could be so kind as to let him cash his work check on friday first so that he'll have the cash to do so. I say okay . . . however, this now brings us to the following week which was more like two weeks later since I had inquired over this early in the previous week.

Too bad you didn't pay via PayPal + credit card, so you could at least get your money back.

The guy seems pretty high profile, it's kind of surprising he'd pull a blatant one like that.

Comment

do you see how so much of this could very easily be a misunderstanding & how I'm questioning myself more than I am the seller here who is Antonis Palekis?

well anyways, the next week comes & nothing! I PM him & he says, yep they've been shipped out. I say I need proof, that's what we were waiting on for this week. he does reply & says he could scan them for me, but in his town he would need to find someone with the right equipment. I tell him just send the numbers, no need to scan anything.

he says he will & gives me his word that they've been sent. he tells me that they do not have tracking numbers that will show up stateside because of customs. once it leaves there, a number will be generated & we'll both be notified by email those numbers. well, it's now almost 3wks. later again & nothing.

I finally tell myself something seriously wrong here & decide to just google Antonis Palekis as well as s4cr & this is what I find:

I get sick to my stomach! & PM him immediately. I'm still respectful & say I need confirmation 100% that these have been sent to me by the end of the week or I am contacting paypal. I receive no reply & so I write the same PM on vortex & bimmerforums & wherever the hell else I can find him.

he does after a few days & says he can guarentee they've been sent, he'll get me proof & to just please give him a couple of days. I say okay.

this does not happen & so I PM him again. no response. I wait a week, no response a 2nd time. I say this is bull! & contact paypal. they tell me that because of the timeframe involved I have already surpassed the allowed time to make a claim against Antonis Palekis & that there is nothing they can do for me outside of try to contact him & ask to send me my money back.

I laugh at them & say are you serious? they say well why did you wait so long (over 2 months) to contact us? I explain the story & they tell me it sounds like I've been strung along a story. my stomach turns! as they go further telling me that there's been 4 counts of suspicious activity in the last 18 months on Antonis Palekis, s4cr's paypal account where claims have been attempted to be opened up for non received goods.

Comment

I bought some wheels from him myself and went through a little scare as well but I ended up very happy in the end. It took over two months to get my wheels, and there were no tracking numbers, but in the end I recieved the wheels well packaged and the re-drilling I had him have done was executed perfectly. I would buy from him again.
        [

Comment

it then hits me that he was PURPOSELY stalling me from ever contacting paypal so that they could not retrieve my money or freeze his account.

paypal, they are the weakest in terms of fraudulant activity in my opinion. I literally was weak over my entire body & had to just sit down to think of what to do.

so I did some investigation a little later that day & found his bank acct. info:
          LT82 7044 0007 7461 8800

^ I was going to find a plane ticket to Lietuva & spend my fall months just looking for this guy Antonis Palekis as I was not about to lose 'thousands' of dollars.

I tried to calm down & just PM him again. no response. I checked for days, & just NO response. the next week, same situation.

I then contact the actual credit card company & tell them my situation. they hand me over to a transaction resolution center & I open up a dispute between them & s4cr. well isn't it funny!!! how within hours of me doing this Antonis contacts me on all 3 or 4 forums mentioned earlier saying lets work this out & pleading for me to drop the charges.

he promises me out of nowhere that my wheels will arrive within 2wks. sent priority to me if I just contact the credit card company & let him take care of this from his end. I must be the biggest fool on earth, because as I read it, I actually thought about doing this. I even called the credit card company to see what could be done.

they told me if I dropped the dispute, it could not be reopened again & if Antonis Palekis is in fact scamming me that my credit card company would have their hands tied as far as helping me in any way. they advise I don't & say this too could be part of the scam.

Comment

Interesting. I'd like to see s4cr's rebuttal. If he doesn't find this thread I will pm him.

Flickr

Comment

I found it funny how he does not reply & does not reply, but then out of nowhere when I make the claim he's all over me trying to say 'lets work this out'

I still feel bad all of this has happened, but hell, what was I suppose to do? he tells me his accounts were frozen until further investigation & that this was all a big misunderstanding. he tells me they've been stuck in customs & he can get them out & sent priority with tracking numbers & all of this stuff. it all sounded very convincing to me, but I was already at a point where it had accumulated 3.5 months & I had neither my wheels nor my money & could only be sure that he 'promised' me a bunch of 'air'.

I don't understand how they would of sat at customs for over a month without either being shipped to me or back to him. I also didn't see how there's no tracking numbers, then there are tracking numbers, then he had to pay for tracking numbers, etc.

there were just too many holes in the story here. & after I found about 8 people that never received their purchases, there was little for me to think about. this went extremely further when my credit card contacted me & said he had not replied yet through email & they were actually disconnected from their call upon stating who it was contacting him & what it was in regards to.

absolutely sickening!

Comment

I see a couple of people have posted in the thread here & I completely agree with the replies, but hell I just can't keep this quiet.

Antonis really did seem like a nice guy, but at the same time . . . when you steal people's money, you get good at this kind of stuff. it even helps you further to make some of your transactions silky smooth to divert from true intentions.

again, I just had to post this; imagine me sitting here right now out of both the cash & the wheels with no contact back from s4cr.

please do PM him. he deserves a chance to speak of course. I only care to get my money or wheels as I am sure any of you could understand here. I feel foolish if I'm the one holding back from telling my story only to promote another individual who has both my money & my wheels at this moment.

it really doesn't help when you google his name & within I think the first 3pgs. there are 5-6+ threads like this on differing forums of people that just never got their product. they all say a similair story to mine on how he was so respectful & how he just kept dragging out the time involved here, the absence of tracking numbers or ANY form of proof towards the shipment, etc.

making this thread was just BEYOND necessary as again, this moment I do not have my wheels & I do not have my money. I do not have proof that they were ever sent out & I have been notified through PM to be careful as well as seen the many threads posted on how they too have lost big when dealing with s4cr Antonis Palekis.

this just had to be done; bottom line. it protects ALL of us.

Comment

No this is necessary. I wouldn't want anyone else to get shorted on a deal in a still relatively small community. I will send him a Pm when I'm on a computer again. It's in everyone's best interest to get this resolved.

Flickr

Comment

^ agreed! I know I don't have many posts here & lurk more than contribute, but heck . . . who could really keep all of this quiet? I swear I tried . . .

but just for reference, here's another example:

& he was BANNED on bimmerforums! -

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

it just does not end!

seriously, IT JUST DOES NOT END!

wheel-whores: http://www.wheel-whores.com/classifi...13-6x13&cat=11

maxbimmer 2nd time: https://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/​sh....php?p=1420023

& banned on wheel-whores here: http://www.wheel-whores.com/classifi...et20-5x120-bmw
                      Last edited by FABEL; 12-25-2010, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I just don't understand how Antonis can have so many people SCREAMING for their money back & yet he still survives somehow.

I brought this up to the credit card company & they told me sometimes a person will do things similair to this where they send the product to some in order to gain trust, then they'll not do it to others so that they doubt themselves, cut the guy slack, become patient, etc. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID WRONG.

if he at least has a history & familair name with some posts & easy befriendments on different forums, then he becomes a household name for say, getting wheels & such. then go scam every 7-8th person he deals with to rake in the cash? I do not know.

let me add that this specific post in my thread has a lot of 'theory' going on. all I know for sure is that I am out 'thousands' & he is the only person that knows the true story. however, when he's hanging up on credit card companies & refuses to respond to my PM's, there's multiple multiple threads on many forums discussing the same as here, it doesn't look to secure for the kid. I figured, why trust Antonis Palekis who I've never met outside of a few posts here when there's plenty more telling a horror story when dealing with s4cr.

banned on maxbimmer, bimmerforums, wheel-whores, m3forum, wheel-sanctuary, performance bmw, & 3 'infractions' at his own site in his own country? - stanced.lt

THIS IS SICK! why are we allowing him to continue to prosper like this?

for anyone thinking well why didn't you research your seller 1st, well because he's known on here & I remember him from bimmerforums; I wanted my wheels BAD which clouded my judgement & in all honesty, I feel safe on stanceworks as silly as that may sound.

I mean, everyone is so damn nice & encouraging that I see, what was there for me to question? it's the same as doing business locally; you go to a shop for work maybe because you hear a couple of good things about them & you don't think further into it.

it's only when something goes wrong then that you look up their previous encounters on better business bureau to see how dead wrong you were for ever trusting this place or in this case, s4cr.

again, I'm not trying to stir a whole revolution here, I just think I owe it to the forum to exploit this situation for what it is. I know there can be issues with shipping, of course!, & I know customs can become a pain, but MONTHS of these wheels just supposidly sitting there & can't confirm in any way one of the things s4cr says or 'promises' me is being done?

when you refuse to reply to me & hang up on my credit card company; when other sites explain a seriously similair example as what had happened to myself? I mean come on.

THIS JUST ABSOLUTELY NEEDED TO BE POSTED!
                        I just want my money or wheels. at this point I don't care which, I'm just unable to function. do all of you see where I am coming from here?

Comment

wait, wait, wait . . .

one more warning of s4cr selling bogus wheels/ scamming wheel sales:

Comment

Shit, Im glad I actually got my wheels now that your bringing up all these other threads and links. Sketchy shit.
                            [

Comment

Working...
                            X