Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.:: Downsize to 19" or stick with 20s? ::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .:: Downsize to 19" or stick with 20s? ::.

I am looking to swap up my 20" wheels and not familiar with best sizing for stancing my M so figured this would be the place to ask for advice. I want the wheels to fit flush, maybe even a couple MM past, and not sure which would look best 20" or 19" wheels. Plus size of 19" is I can lower the car more bc I still have a good deal of threads left on the V3s, and the brakes would also appear larger. My current wheels are 20x8.5 and 20x10, so would maybe do a 19x9 and 19x10.5 with spacers if needed to push them out.

Note : My rear fenders are approx 1" wider on each side from stock

Opinions?

Current setup :

i onestly like the wheels you have, just push them out and get proper tires. i think it could look good.

BUT if youre tired of them, want a change whatever, i think the 19 inch sizes you posted would be nice as well, and add some more aestheticly pleasing things such as making your car lower and the brakes bigger like you said.

idk if this helped any lolol

Comment

Exactly what im looking to hear Thanks

I also like the wheels, however I am doing new seats/seat delete/trunk/hood/bumper/fenders so wanna change the wheels as well since the previous owner put them on. You dont think 19s will be swallowed up or look too small if the drop is proper do you?

Comment

Would be curious as to which finish would look crazy on these HRE 840Rs, and how they would look if the car sat properly on them.

Id like to do a custom finish, something unique (copper/bronze, highlighter yellow, etc)

Comment

You could definitely do 19's, and you could go even wider than the specs you posted.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

theres a guy on here thats going to be running 19x10 and 19x11 once the wheels show up, for me 19s are the biggest i would go on a m3 but yours do look good

I run 18x10 and 18x11 just cuz im not a fan of 19s as much and fell in love with my supercups
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
              theres a guy on here thats going to be running 19x10 and 19x11 once the wheels show up, for me 19s are the biggest i would go on a m3 but yours do look good

I run 18x10 and 18x11 just cuz im not a fan of 19s as much and fell in love with my supercups
              Any pics of your current setup? I dont think I could clear my brakes with 18s, I would prefer doing a 19x11 on the rear or even an 11.5 if i coudl fit it however I will most likely be looking to trade my wheels for another set to save the hassle of selling and rebuying so not many people have 11s

Comment

Originally posted by .::M::. View Post
                Exactly what im looking to hear Thanks

I also like the wheels, however I am doing new seats/seat delete/trunk/hood/bumper/fenders so wanna change the wheels as well since the previous owner put them on. You dont think 19s will be swallowed up or look too small if the drop is proper do you?
                i think that since you have 20s now, you might always think 19s looks weird. but i say find someone with 19s that you know, and swap that shit. give it a test ride

Comment

Any pics of your current setup? I dont think I could clear my brakes with 18s, I would prefer doing a 19x11 on the rear or even an 11.5 if i coudl fit it however I will most likely be looking to trade my wheels for another set to save the hassle of selling and rebuying so not many people have 11s
                  oh yeah just saw your brakes, prolly would need some 19s then, you could deff run a 11.5 with the right offsets, my setup is agressive and ***** on m3forum....its hard with our cars since not many people are into the stance scene with them yet, im running thatchers old setup with et 0 up front and -12 out back
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

go as small as your break set up will allow, fill any gap with tire.

nice car, looks like it has some interesting tid-bits.

Comment

20s look big on e46s. I say do 19s, think how much lower you'll be!

Doet

And to the fill the gap with tire thing the guy above me said, don't do that, it looks silly. Fill the gap with more low.
                      Last edited by 4DGS; 12-14-2010, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Get some wide 19s and add a little bit of camber. Your car is a custom WB so it's a bit harder to stance out than a normal car, and you definitely don't want to be too aggressive and crack the fenders.

And for the love of god, get HREs and get brushed aluminum finish. Everything else looks 10x worse, every time.
                        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Good call, my fenders are all steel so from the looks of it should be stronger than from the factory ha...brushed finish looks great, just wondering what brushed hre840rs would look like if stanced right on my car

Comment

19s without a doubt
                            1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                            Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Good call, my fenders are all steel so from the looks of it should be stronger than from the factory ha...brushed finish looks great, just wondering what brushed hre840rs would look like if stanced right on my car
                              I use to have a Carbon Black / Black M3... My dream build was to swap in imola interior, do a aggressive set of 840R's and have it rolling on it's guts.

I ended up selling the car before that was a reality, so I would love to see you fulfill that vision, even if the color combo isn't a exact match.

Comment

Working...
                              X