Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a company.. need ideas on name!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a company.. need ideas on name!!

So my brother, myself, and a third partner are in the process of starting a bio-tech company. We will be focusing on any products that revolve around medical technology. Right now we have designed an intra-oral transcranial magnetic stimulation device for the treatment of all kinds of psychological disorders and we want to start constructing and marketing it. First, however, we have to think of a name for our LLC.

Since my brother and I own the patent on the TMS device, I think it'd be fair to use our last name which is Young but it's not necessary.. I was thinking Young Med. Tech. LLC sounds good but I'm not sure.

Here are some other ideas:
    Young BioTech
    Neurovasion
    RBY Med Tech (RBY are my dad's initials who attained the patent)

That's all I got lol. So any creative minds out there have any clever ideas? We're really open to anything that sounds catchy and smooth. Whatever is clever. haha We can't think of anything that we really love that we can all agree on.

Also, if anyone has any experience with starting a company and would like to give us some tips/advice please do.. We're all in college so it's a learning process for us. Any experience in getting FDA approved would be helpful too lol that's gonna be the hard part I think.

TIA

-Ollie

IG: @_olliee

I have no idea what any of that first paragraph meant, but Neuravision sounds cool to me.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well first you need to decide what your company is going to do. Will you just be wholesaling this device to clinics and hospitals? Will you be selling to the public? Will you be developing products along other lines of research or dedicating yourselfs to this one application?
      Who is your target market?

BioTech and MedTech sound technically foreign and a bit ominous to a layperson, you'd want something the public is comfortable with if you're marketing to them. Within your field, I don't know much but they sound like they would be pretty vague there, especially since you've got only one product right now.

Neurovasion is probably the worst idea ever though, as it immediately brought to mind some sort of neural invasion, or an invasive procedure.

The RBY Innovations that Bracknaphobia suggests sounds nice though.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2010, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Funny I saw this thread when I did. Just got back from an editorial meeting where I met a lot of guys in BioTech and Tech transfer, etc. If I can get some contact information for some of the guys I met, I'll post it up.

I would say Young Bio-Technology is a solid name; nothing too fancy but still relevant. Some other options might be:

Young Scientific
        RBY BioTech
        RBY Innovations

Although I do like Neurovasion, maybe add an "s" on the end because it sounds like a play on "innovations?" Or change it to "Neurovations." People would probably ask you how to say it, and once you tell them, chances are that it will be reinforced within them and they won't forget your company.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
        yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Magnets - We understand how they work LLC
          Last edited by Moose; 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
            yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
              Well first you need to decide what your company is going to do. Will you just be wholesaling this device to clinics and hospitals? Will you be selling to the public? Will you be developing products along other lines of research or dedicating yourselfs to this one application?
              Who is your target market?

BioTech and MedTech sound technically foreign and a bit ominous to a layperson, you'd want something the public is comfortable with if you're marketing to them. Within your field, I don't know much but they sound like they would be pretty vague there, especially since you've got only one product right now.

Neurovasion is probably the worst idea ever though, as it immediately brought to mind some sort of neural invasion, or an invasive procedure.

The RBY Innovations that Bracknaphobia suggests sounds nice though.
              The answer to all your questions is yes. We will be developing other products but they will all be medical technologies. We actually have plans and ideas, just need to get the ball rolling on the first project in order to fund others. Our target market is clinics and hospitals but we'd like to expand to the public and government/military. I think keeping it vague and general would be best because we plan to expand to multiple products.

Neurovasion is an awful name. I ment to put neurovation.

Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
              Funny I saw this thread when I did. Just got back from an editorial meeting where I met a lot of guys in BioTech and Tech transfer, etc. If I can get some contact information for some of the guys I met, I'll post it up.

I would say Young Bio-Technology is a solid name; nothing too fancy but still relevant. Some other options might be:

Young Scientific
              RBY BioTech
              RBY Innovations

Although I do like Neurovasion, maybe add an "s" on the end because it sounds like a play on "innovations?" Or change it to "Neurovations." People would probably ask you how to say it, and once you tell them, chances are that it will be reinforced within them and they won't forget your company.
              Yeah, I like all those. I'll kick those around with my partners and see what they think. I really like RBY Innovations.. haha sounds legit. I've also heard it's a bad idea to put your last name in the business name for liability purposes.

Originally posted by Moose View Post
              Magnets - We understand how they work LLC
              Hahahha.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

intra-oral transcranial magnetic stimulation device for the treatment of all kinds of psychological disorders
                wat

Neurovation sounds good to me though.
                Originally posted by da3bous
                I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                  intra-oral stimulation device
                  Similar to a fleshlight I presume?
                  The world is seldom simple, and life is never easy.

Comment

Working...
                  X