Jaguar Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    i dont know why but i just cant enjoy jag's.

i appreciate them alot more unmodified...call me crazy
    I feel the same way about BMW's oddly (except I don't really like them unmodified either). My wife worked at BMW's corporate offices in Melbourne, Australia when I met her and she knew I was a car guy and kept trying to impress me with BMW stuff - it just didn't work. In my head, they are about in the same class as Opel cars. Otherwise I like basically something from any non-American carmaker.
    My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Originally posted by exexpat View Post
      I feel the same way about BMW's oddly (except I don't really like them unmodified either). My wife worked at BMW's corporate offices in Melbourne, Australia when I met her and she knew I was a car guy and kept trying to impress me with BMW stuff - it just didn't work. In my head, they are about in the same class as Opel cars. Otherwise I like basically something from any non-American carmaker.
      Not trying to instigate here; but you do realize that much of the engineering that made your car the smooth, dynamic, and engaging driver that it is was red-blooded American engineering, right?

*cough* CDW27 *cough*

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
        Not trying to instigate here; but you do realize that much of the engineering that made your car the smooth, dynamic, and engaging driver that it is was red-blooded American engineering, right?

*cough* CDW27 *cough*
        Don't get me wrong, I respect all cars, the engineering that goes into them and any example of a cleanly modified car - regardless of make. There just isn't an emotional tie for me on some brands/models.

For example, if I had a new Mustang, I'd opt for the smallest powerplant (diesel would be cool), shave the engine bay, smooth out the body and do a German stanced-out theme with some classic Work wheels or something. Then I would take it to American car shows just to see people's negative reactions. I do like to go against the grain a bit and that is why I've been into Volvos, have a VW that no one in the US ever modifies and bought the Jaguar last year.

Comment

their reliability was atrocious when they were brand new, i am sure they are even worse as they have become older

Comment

same here op, any car that has been tastefully modified gets a A no matter the make or model.
            these are some pics i found while brushing up on jags

sawblades have officially been on every car on the planet

id like to see more coupes if possible. i only find these which have potential so surely sombody besides op has to have the right idea.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I respect all cars, the engineering that goes into them and any example of a cleanly modified car - regardless of make. There just isn't an emotional tie for me on some brands/models.

For example, if I had a new Mustang, I'd opt for the smallest powerplant (diesel would be cool), shave the engine bay, smooth out the body and do a German stanced-out theme with some classic Work wheels or something. Then I would take it to American car shows just to see people's negative reactions. I do like to go against the grain a bit and that is why I've been into Volvos, have a VW that no one in the US ever modifies and bought the Jaguar last year.
              Understandable, we all have our ins and outs. If I had an S197, I'd build the Coyote (5.0 DOHC) and drop it on a set of nice-fitting wheels. The build would certainly have euro influences, I'd just go for the thumpin' V8. I think we have pretty similar tastes Heck, both of my cars have been things that virtually nobody modifies, and I outwardly have a crush on a car that many on this forum have never even heard of or seen
              Originally posted by DarkSideEwok View Post
              their reliability was atrocious when they were brand new, i am sure they are even worse as they have become older
              If you're referring to the thread as a whole, there is more than one way to skin that cat.

1. They were unreliable (Not my choice)

2. Many who owned them didn't know how to properly maintain a car developed with engineering as different to the Yanky/Kraut engineering as that of the Brits. They also have quirks that differ from those common in their North American or German counterparts. This highlights the problem. Since they are different, many are new to/ uncomfortable with resolving the issues, which in turn exacerbates them.

If you're referring to the car in question (the CDW27-based X-Type), you could not be farther from the truth in the land of the British Big Cats. The X-Type is one of the most contemporary and well-developed models Jaguar has churned out in decades. It involves the artfully simplistic nature of an American design blended seamlessly with the smoothness and attention to detail of a modern British machine. It's Ford-derived parts (admittedly a sweeping majority) are of the best the chassis had to offer, and are beautifully highlighted by the thoughtful and tasteful touch of the Brits who so proudly branded the car with their name.

The CDW-based X-Type was a smooth, buttery sporting sedan with the unmistakably British outward appearance of classic Jaguar styling, and the heart of a true predator. It boasted impressive power numbers for its class and time; a world-class AWD system; and a chassis strong and balanced enough to enter, apex, and exit any corner with confidence. It did all of this while still carrying the typical Jaguar panache that we have all come to know and love.
              Last edited by cobrawannabe; 11-27-2010, 02:21 AM.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

id like to see more coupes if possible. i only find these which have potential so surely sombody besides op has to have the right idea.
                Here you go - tastefully modded with Arden parts (just needs moar low)

these were amazingly detailed

My 5hitter with bikes on it
                Last edited by exexpat; 11-27-2010, 03:42 AM.

Comment

i dont know why but i just cant enjoy jag's.
                  x2 --- looks weird to me modified. it's like giving grandpa skinny jeans.

Comment

Ohh emm gee

Comment

MoAR Pics pweez!

..........Preferably of Non-Ford Raped Jags. OkayThanks.

Altho this looks ok

Last edited by Okin; 11-27-2010, 03:27 PM.

Originally posted by Zic
                      i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                        BBS RS's have officially been on every car on the planet
                        fixed

Comment

This thread is fuckin amazing and it makes me feel like a retard for never building my Xj8.

Comment

Originally posted by Okin View Post
                            This one is hot... except I'm not into the wheel and tire selection. Personal preference though.

Comment

I really like the zeemax kit for the XK's

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X