The "Most OVER-rated wheel thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotions aren't forged? Damn, might have been dooped

just checked and you are right..... I am dissapoint in myself........... Thank you for correcting the error in my ways. Srsly
    Last edited by Petis; 12-09-2010, 01:24 PM.
    SLAMMED GARAGE
    slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

• Oh hell no. lol

Emotions are cast entry-level wheels, and heavy too.

They're more in line with cast Gram Lights.

Comment

• Wrd....... makes more sense now. Always wondered how they got away with such low prices, and now I know.

My Cr Kais were relatively light though, but then again, all my wheels have been cast centered... I think. lol

Weds Cerberus, SSR Koenig Monsters, and Viennas all have cast centers right?
        Last edited by Petis; 12-09-2010, 01:30 PM.
        SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• I don't know about the Koenigs, but yes, all Viennas have cast centers and same for Kranze.

Comment

• To relate this to macroeconomics though, the top 5% of Americans by income account for 37% of all consumer outlays.
            I completely understand your point and I do agree with it but, I dont think people buying 3 piece wheels are going to make up that percentage. Just saying
            "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              We just became friends.
              Originally posted by Petis View Post
              ^ agreed

off topic: I want to goto a GM dealership and just ask a salesman where my car is. When he questions what I'm talking about, I will hold up my past 10yrs of tax statements. lol
              hellz yeah! except... can't think of a GM product I would TRULY want?
              guess I could live with any of the afore-mentioned with 3 pedals...
              - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Petis View Post
                My main point is that, price should never, ever be driven by the label, rather by the overall quality and profit/cost margins.
                Yet only in America do we have separate "luxury" car brands for cars that are made by "regular" car companies and are pretty similar to other offerings by the same big company. Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura come to mind

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

• Nothing is over rated here.
                  Let us all love every wheel.
                  Christof Goulart
                  FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                    Yet only in America do we have separate "luxury" car brands for cars that are made by "regular" car companies and are pretty similar to other offerings by the same big company. Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura come to mind
                    VW, Audi, Porsche, Lambo..... No?
                    SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• Originally posted by Petis View Post
                      VW, Audi, Porsche, Lambo..... No?
                      Those companies all existed as separate companies before VW got ownership of them. Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura were all created in the early 90s specifically as "luxury" brands for the US market to compete with Mercedes, BMW, etc. Lexus was the first one I believe and they brought out the LS400 which helped move them up as a real competitor to the Germans

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

• page 3-5 got awesome, love talking business.

...and btw, low-medium volume/high margin all day
                        adam | adam's rotors inc. | info@adamsrotors.com | est. 2006
                        customizable factory-fit brake rotors, made-to-order | adamsrotors.com
                        follow/like/@/tag @adamsrotors on twitter, instagram, & facebook | #adamsrotors

Comment

• Aaron speaks the truth.

Comment

• Yeah Aaron, I was kidding.

I own an ls400..... more than just a competator, but I digress. lol

I think we see eachother's points clearly.
                            SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• Originally posted by adamsrotors View Post
                              page 3-5 got awesome, love talking business.

...and btw, low-medium volume/high margin all day
                              Adam knows what's up as well..

Why break your back, when you can get a higher return for less work?

Comment

• agreed...
                                the point about stress/frustration is a huge factor for a business owner.

doing this on a day-to-day (and I mean 24/7 as a small start-up) basis creates a need for smooth/regular daily operations.
                                ...more employees, overhead, and more importantly responsibility isn't ideal.
                                keeping things simple and maintaining a WORKING ebb & flow, is the goal...and if you're surviving...keep doing what works.

fast, quality, reasonable products/service that reaches the masses & are praised will naturally gain volume AND market share
                                and that which equals success.

either way...if its done right & done well...you'll be ok.
                                adam | adam's rotors inc. | info@adamsrotors.com | est. 2006
                                customizable factory-fit brake rotors, made-to-order | adamsrotors.com
                                follow/like/@/tag @adamsrotors on twitter, instagram, & facebook | #adamsrotors

Comment

Working...
                                X