My Budget Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
    LOL, Thanks man and yup, Cant wait to get some real legit shots of the new wheels! hopefully I can find someone to do some rolling shots for me, Never had any real rolling shots of the car slammed out at its current height. And if you're seriously considering it. I will cut anyone who does not have 5x112 bolt pattern a deal since they will have to buy adapters.
    Why not just have David take them? haha :P
    As for putting your wheels on the Sonic, I have to figure out how the heck I would do it. XD

Offset is already really aggressive without adapters for a FWD car like mine... :P

If I do figure out how I would do it without destroying my fenders, I'll hit you up for sure. haha
    In the market for some affordable 18's.

In the meantime, I wonder if I can redrill them... haha
    Last edited by Thaifighter; 02-27-2013, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
      If you bag this car, Mr. Hatmaker, I will lose all faith in humanity.

Aside from that, you know I fucking love this thing, that rear tuck STATIC is unbelievable.
      Dont worry No bags are in the future for her. My honest plans are to find a nice seat. Get an auto power roll bar made for it since they are local to SD so i can actually run my harness. I eventually want to boost the M104. ( as I bare down on 200k miles)
      She will stay static forever. Shes a never ending project. With that said. I have tons of "spring cleaning" to do Now that my winter wheel project is over. I just did front upper control arm and ball joints need to tackle the LCA bushings. Front hub & bearing assemblies need replaced. I have to pull my driver side rear hub Bcus a stud snapped off inside of it. which on this chassis is a real PITA if you dont have benz specific Klann brand tools. I have to do both inner CV's at the diff as well as all my shift linkage bushings. And a rear flex disc. then back to modding.

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
      lookin good dude
      Thanks dude! Anything new with your ride ?

Originally posted by Thaifighter View Post
      Why not just have David take them? haha :P
      As for putting your wheels on the Sonic, I have to figure out how the heck I would do it. XD

Offset is already really aggressive without adapters for a FWD car like mine... :P

If I do figure out how I would do it without destroying my fenders, I'll hit you up for sure. haha
      In the market for some affordable 18's.

In the meantime, I wonder if I can redrill them... haha
      I will most likely have David take them for me. Hes just a real busy man and arranging a get together with him is always hit or miss nothing ever gets set in stone. Which is fine by me He has a day job photography doesnt pay his bills. But I know for sure he does want to shoot the car on the new wheel setup. And I want to get rolling shots along side doms wagon now that hes on 19s also. And yeah man You can totally have em re drilled to 5x120. Or ... If you want I can talk to dom and see about getting him to sell you the style 5's as they should bolt straight to your ride. What is the stock offset on a sonic anyway ? Like +45 or real high like that ? My fronts are +28 thinnest adapter is 15 mm So that leaves you at +13et up front on 18x8.5 On a FWD car !!
      C280 Build Thread
      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Posted this in Dom's thread. lol

Originally posted by Thaifighter View Post
        Originally posted by SD202 View Post
        Yes. Indeed ! I believe he is trying to sell them. So hit up the OP if you're interested. The style 5s are in great condition ive seen them in person, tons of times. Im pretty sure he had the lips high polished as well as straightened and trued by a wheel shop here in SD.
        I'd totally be down... if I didn't already have a set I'm thinking about getting rid of. >_< lol

I've seen this car in person before as well. You always seem to park next to him and Charles at events and photoshoots. :P

btw, you probably don't remember me, but I'll leave this here. hehe

http://www.mymbonline.com/forum/155-...-am-weird.html
        And my bolt pattern is 5x105. 0_o :'(
        Still debating between redrilling and refinishing my Style 5's or finding something else. (Originally got them for my Celica. haha)
        Last edited by Thaifighter; 02-27-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaifighter View Post
          Posted this in Dom's thread. lol

And my bolt pattern is 5x105. 0_o :'(
          Still debating between redrilling and refinishing my Style 5's or finding something else. (Originally got them for my Celica. haha)

I remember now ! LOL dude If you have style 5s get them refinished already ! they're gonna look great on the sonic
          C280 Build Thread
          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
            I remember now ! LOL dude If you have style 5s get them refinished already ! they're gonna look great on the sonic
            lol I would hope so.

Photochops I made on my friend's car:

My gripes with running these wheels though are finding a place close by that would do an actual fill and redrill, and the fact that they're only 8" wide. +20 is fairly aggressive for my car, and since it's only 8" wide, I can't get much of a stretch unless I go 205/40, which I'm afraid might be too small for the Sonic. (tires in pic are 205/45)

We shall see...

Comment

• some instagram teasers that im sure most of you have already seen .

New wheels are on.

C280 Build Thread
              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• Looks awesome. Ive never been a fan of those lorinsers, but you've definitely made them look proper.

Comment

• New wheels look clutch. Awesome work.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• i didn't know a mercedes could look so good.. diggin it!

great work! :cheers:

Comment

• I almost.....ALMOST got a set of these for my a4 like 2 weeks ago but then I got alphards. But now that I'm selling those wheels, I might just look back into getting these.
                      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Looks so dope

Comment

• Originally posted by TruTaing View Post
                          Looks awesome. Ive never been a fan of those lorinsers, but you've definitely made them look proper.
                          thanks man ! I kinda just inherited the wheels in poor condition . decided to give them a second chance at life.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                          New wheels look clutch. Awesome work.
                          thanks man im stoked . I want to get clean shots asap

Originally posted by krupske View Post
                          i didn't know a mercedes could look so good.. diggin it!

great work! :cheers:
                          Not bad for a grandpas car huh ? And static

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post

I almost.....ALMOST got a set of these for my a4 like 2 weeks ago but then I got alphards. But now that I'm selling those wheels, I might just look back into getting these.
                          Sometimes you can score a deal on them. The 19x9 19x10 sets are a bit more rare and more expensive when you do find a clean set, There are however a lot of the legit 2 piece ones in 18in.

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                          Looks so dope
                          Thanks dude I really need better pictures And not to mention Im going to be getting new fenders in the mail hopefully tomorrow for the fronts ! stay tuned. I scored them from a junkyard for $75 painted my color Had to have them shipped as it was on the other side of the country. I only got about $200 into the lorinsers which are still apparently worth $1509 each for the X9s and $1899 Each for the 19x10s
                          C280 Build Thread
                          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• No more duck bill fenders. Rears are going under the knife next.

here was before some non instagramed pics

Last edited by SD202; 03-07-2013, 12:02 PM.
                            C280 Build Thread
                            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

• Nice work man! Your car pulls off those wheels perfectly! Love the white on white! Are you gonna be at autofashions on Sunday? It's their grand opening

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                                Nice work man! Your car pulls off those wheels perfectly! Love the white on white! Are you gonna be at autofashions on Sunday? It's their grand opening

Yeah its literally a few blocks from my pad. I try to make it to all the local meets/ shows. I was at B&g suspensions 3rd annual meet With the SOC guys last weekend. 2m Autowerks off miramar is also having a open house on Saturday. Then next weekend HRE wheels up in vista is having its open house / meet
                                C280 Build Thread
                                C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                                E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X