• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Budget Build.

Never Really posted a build thread over here So here we go
    When she got her first mod lights + amber corners

Had a fender bender

So i slowly rebuilt in the garage. Didnt snap much shots of it . just changed the fan clutch radiator and thermostat housing/ water pump

Then i got the front end painted and picked up some CLK amg wheels along with a drop on H&Rs

painted the grill black..........

Then Picked up some bilsteins through them on and cut a couple coils off of the H&R lowering springs
    Nice meaty tires on 17s rofl.

Was able to track down some Euro Spec amber tail lights for a W202 C-class which i found to be quite the challenge in the united states as they didnt make them or import them for US spec mercs.

wasnt low enough so i removed the 15mm thick spring pads.
    The front bumper was also painted all white i had the intention of going for the all white look

And so got over all that and was turned onto the stance game. searched all over Merc forums for wheels wide enough for stretch found these CLS500 18s 18x8.5 18x9.5. Through some 215's on em and spaced em out to +8 all around.

^ prior to the baseball bat roll / pull that i did on the fenders.
    After me and my buddy went to town on the fenders with a baseball bat

Wanted to complete the euro look so i took the bumpers and trim off and painted them up real quick. All easy DIY budget build not to mention everything i have done so far i have accomplished from the seat of my wheelchair , Had a couple buddies help on the rear when dropping the lower control arm with the old floor jack trick to get around having to use a spring compressor

decided to add a lil flavor to the grill that a lot of people ***** LOL

Next to our stock height W202 C43 AMG

got a couple photos shot by Bojangles (David N) hes the newest blogger/photographer for dude blvd crew
    http://dudeblvd.com/?paged=2

Got tired of the sticker bomb grill a couple weeks ago because of the wet weather we have been getting so i rattle canned it . The trim is also done with rattle can **** it or love it.
    this is how she sits right now as of today

Last edited by SD202; 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM.
    C280 Build Thread
    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

love the car man, def sick!

Comment

You pulled the Hell out of your Front Fender

I really like that fact and I like the Orange Ambers

Comment

very nice, wanting to do something similar with my W124 E320
        - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
          You pulled the Hell out of your Front Fender

I really like that fact and I like the Orange Ambers
          Thanks. I plan to go lower offset than the current +8 ET all around really surprised that the paint didnt chip anymore than it did. Its only cracked a little on the inside lip. I did however use a heat gun & A T-ball wood bat. before moving to a MLB size louisville slugger.
          C280 Build Thread
          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Kudos for both having a great car and the fact that being in a wheelchair doesn't stop you from modding and working on your car.

Next steps are?

Comment

That thing is looking MINT!

Loving the stance
              /O O==[][]==O O\
              --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tze View Post
                Kudos for both having a great car and the fact that being in a wheelchair doesn't stop you from modding and working on your car.

Next steps are?

going to be doing some interior trim work. and am going back to chrome grill + chrome badges. . Been thinking about a color change also.
                C280 Build Thread
                C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

wow nice work with a baseball bat. mind sharing your driving controls?
                  Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                  I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

Clean build man, I have h&r's on my coupe right now did you experience any loss or negative feeback in the handling after cutting the springs since they are progressively wound?

Also how is the ride with no spring pads?

Love to see more and more people with the mercedes bug.

Have any performance upgrades in mind?
                    1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

Originally posted by conski View Post
                      Clean build man, I have h&r's on my coupe right now did you experience any loss or negative feeback in the handling after cutting the springs since they are progressively wound?

Also how is the ride with no spring pads?

Love to see more and more people with the mercedes bug.

Have any performance upgrades in mind?

Uh Well they are linear progressive so no adverse effects each coil is spaced the same they are not the H&Rs that have the coils closer together on one side so that when touching become dead coils. The ride with no pads sucked I went back to #1s all around when i put the 18s on. If you are thinking about cutting ur H&Rs just remember to not heat the spring up and just take ur time half coil at a time is what i did till it sat just where i wanted it. ill get some shots of my handcontrols in the Am for anyone interested. they are very basic.
                      C280 Build Thread
                      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                        Uh Well they are linear progressive so no adverse effects each coil is spaced the same they are not the H&Rs that have the coils closer together on one side so that when touching become dead coils. The ride with no pads sucked I went back to #1s all around when i put the 18s on. If you are thinking about cutting ur H&Rs just remember to not heat the spring up and just take ur time half coil at a time is what i did till it sat just where i wanted it. ill get some shots of my handcontrols in the Am for anyone interested. they are very basic.
                        Oh okay, I didn't realize H&R made differed in their construction of the coils. I have the ones that have the coils closer together on one side with the dead coils as well. Thanks for answer my questions though. I have heard some people complain when they take the pads off and some think it is still smooth. I have to get a spring compressor to test it out. The jack process is a pain in the ass in the front on the w124's lol. I'm guessing you have a dual link lower control arm on your's as well, right? The rears are super easy just the fronts are killer.
                        1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

You are awesome. Love the car. Glad you ditched the sticker bomb look.
                          Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

Comment

too low in the back or too high in the front

it's sitting on its ass

otherwise great 'budget' build
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Not digging amber corners and Euro tails. But I'm Amber lights ***** so I'm kinda biased towards clears
                              Grill looks little out of place, but I think it would look much better with clear corners.
                              Otherwise I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X