stancing an alero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that Bonnie is mine.

An Alero is an N-body, same as a Grand Am. They make a few sets of springs, AGXs, and Bilstein coilovers for that platform. http://mantapart.com/ has the coilovers.

95 Bonneville SLE... Too much done to it..
    98 Infiniti vq35'd i30: 13.3@104mph, 30MPG Hwy
    07 Infiniti G35s 6MT
    07 Ducati Monster S2R 800 with DS1000 swap
    05 Suzuki DRZ400S
    72 Yamaha DS7: '74 RD250 swap, JL chambers
    83 Yamaha IT175

Comment

OP: I agree with those who are advising against this move if you're not in love with the car. You might as well wait until you fall in love with something else.
      On the other hand, if you find yourself falling for the little Olds, I say go for it! There's a very small but loyal following for the Aleribu, so there are plenty of ideas floating around. Some of those cats have done pretty cool stuff with the Quad Four; and if your car happens to be motivated by the Vortec 6, you're just an M90 away from running with some pretty big dogs! I say do it big; cockslap the snobs; and have fun with it!

To the snobs:
      Many of you seem to forget that cars widely accepted in this culture such as the Jetta, Golf, and Civic were all originally intended to be CHEAP transportation, just like the Focuses, Kias, and now Aleros you look down your nose at. Park your heads somewhere outside of your asses, and put down those huge glasses of BMW/VAG/Honda Cool-Aid you've been living off of for the past couple of years.

PS: I can see the difference between those whom have tried to help the OP with suggesting buying a car he loves/ not hacking a car he plans to sell, and the flat-out snobs in this thread; it's pretty clear.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
        On the other hand, if you find yourself falling for the little Olds, I say go for it! There's a very small but loyal following for the Aleribu, so there are plenty of ideas floating around. Some of those cats have done pretty cool stuff with the Quad Four; and if your car happens to be motivated by the Vortec 6, you're just an M90 away from running with some pretty big dogs! I say do it big; cockslap the snobs; and have fun with it!
        The vortec's only came in suvs, you're probably thinking about the L67 than came in GTPs SSEis etc.

It came with some inline fours you could turbo or the 3400. The latter with some revised gaskets can actually be pretty stout. I've seen 270ish whp n/a.

95 Bonneville SLE... Too much done to it..
        98 Infiniti vq35'd i30: 13.3@104mph, 30MPG Hwy
        07 Infiniti G35s 6MT
        07 Ducati Monster S2R 800 with DS1000 swap
        05 Suzuki DRZ400S
        72 Yamaha DS7: '74 RD250 swap, JL chambers
        83 Yamaha IT175

Comment

Wow, I am full of fail, lately. I was thinking 3400.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

I want to see this get done. Be a pioneer!

Comment

please dont >_<

Comment

i think ghey, i once rented an alero in fl and it was pretty ghey.. i would use it to make some loot to buy something more aesthetically worthy to stance.

resale is something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                  I dunno, are you going to use it to pick up the same sex?

Comment

No need for me to add my .02....I think everything has been covered

Comment

Do it! I'd love to see a modified Alero kicking out 250hp. Throw up some pics of what it looks like now.

Comment

IMO there are obviously some platforms that lend themselves to stance, and some that don't. OP, I won't tell you what to do with your Alero, but it doesn't really seem like you're in love with it, so just ask yourself if it's really worth it to you.

If you really wanted to do it and you pulled it off nicely, then that would be pretty awesome. But what would look better to you, a stanced Alero, or a stanced Mk3/4? There are also way more aftermarket parts to choose from on other platforms. Just some food for thought.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                        yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Working...
                        X