Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JZX100 Chaser Tourer V from Australia

Hello, I'm Terry.

This is my car. I'll be separating this into a few different posts, this is a rough history of my car since first purchasing it. When it comes to Stance, Australia has generally been a bit behind the times, car modification has kind of had it's own direction here for quite some time, especially in Perth - being the most isolated city in the world it generally took its own direction and was unaffected by modifying trends elsewhere.

Stance in particular has been very slow to take off here, WA has traditionally been very horsepower orientated. Photography and car aesthetics have generally been put aside in the pursuit of performance. However over the last half a year or so I've pushed the stance culture a fair bit here.

Also remember, that ADR's (Australian Design Rules) are pretty harsh here, any cop can pull you over and basically without any justification to his argument - sticker your car.

Being stickered/defected/Canary is a serious fuck around, you'll be sent to an inspection pit, basically a government run area where they will scrutineer your car, they'll rape you for everything and force you to remove everything that's considered illegal on your car, exhausts, intercoolers, tint, HID's, wheels, coilovers, brakes etc. You can get sent back or denied having your sticker being removed as many times as they like, I've been stickered once and it took me 2 months to remove. More or less they force you to return your car to stock, or they have your car unregistered.

There is also what's called the Hoon laws, which is basically laws to stop any kind of street racing, burnouts, drifting etc. In other words, get caught doing this, lose your license and your car, get caught twice the penalties double, get caught 3 times they'll try to crush your car. Why I mention this is to help you guys understand how hard it is to get away with modifying your car here, cosmetic mods especially will turn you into cop bait.

Anyone onto my piece of shit:

I've had this car for about 3 years, done fuck all to it because of my uni student income. Has a bit of a colourful history, I'm adament it's been stolen in Japan and sent over here, reasons I say that is the VIN number is SCRIBED INTO THE WHEEL WELL, and the serial number on my single set of keys is also scratched off. Not dodgy at all. Some asshat has done a hack job of rolling the front guards and it has cracked paint there.

When I bought it from Melbourne and it got sent over here, it was actually in really good nick, bar slight scratches on the front and rear from asshat dock workers it was alright, oh and the lady who delivered my car to my house also rode the fuck out of my clutch as I saw it pull in, imagine the pangs of despair that I had.

So after about 6 months, my mate ran into the back of my car. Then this chick swiped the side of my car as I stood next to it, funny because I also said "Hey just watch out you're a bit close to my ca-" *scratch*

Then the almighty drift fail of my friend into my parked car. I was standing next to it and as he left he managed to pitch his car into the front corner.

Now it's got plenty of key marks, scratches and dents, basically killing any love and passion I once had for looking after her. I use to leave it dirty and my friends would write silly things on it, until some random spanner took it too far and wrote "KILL JEWS, ZEIG HEIL C*NT" with a Swastika on the back of it. So now I clean it occasionally.

1997 JZX100 Chaser Tourer V,

1JZ-GTE VVTi
    Factory Manuel
    Torsen 1 way diff of unpredictable goodness.
    Factory kit.

Mods:
    TRD Airbag steering wheel
    TRD Strutbrace
    Esprit Front lip.
    Blitz SUS Intake
    Blitz Nur Spec Touring Catback. (Soon to be paired with Reinhard diff back)
    Tein Type HE coilovers.
    Work Meister 18x9 +36 18x10 +30 (The polished ones)
    Work Meister 18x9 +20 (+15 with slip on) 18x10 +20 (The white ones)
    URAS rear wing lip
    Project MU B-spec pads
    TRD braided lines
    Dixcel TYPE PD slotted rotors
    EXEDY HD clutch
    Ikeya Forumla Solid diff mounts
    Marlin Crawler 1st gear thrust washer (sounds irrelevant but eliminate the one weakness of the R154)
    Sumitomo 225/40/18 on the front, 235/40/18
    6000k Hid driving lights, 8000k Hid fog lights.
    Pioneer head unit
    HKS Exhaust Cam gear and HKS Timing belt.
    Pivot Boost Gauge

As you can tell I'm struggling to fill my mods list.

Have a Blitz intercooler core sans pipes and a Sard BOV in the garage waiting to go on.
    gear.

As you can see I've got a build which will hopefully leave me with an all round street car. Hopefully now that I've finished uni I can get some of this underway.

Uras boot lip spoiler

INITIAL TEST FIT

FINAL TEST FIT

Exedy HD clutch

INITIAL TEST FIT

Sum total of about 5 hours of yelling and swearing.
    Lowered the car about 15mm

UNRELATED PICTURE

Sold the polished Meisters, bought some white ones.

18x9 +20 (effective +15 with slip on)
    18x10 +20

Still running the Sumitomo's in the 225/40 235/40 combo.

PART 2

$180 Blitz/Trust mutant intercooler.

Oh noes a leak!

All sweet now.

TRD underbrace, made a big difference to front end responsiveness.

Front brake setup.

Then I lowered it about 8 fucking centimetres.

Video of the exhaust I'm likely to run soon:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

PART 3

Getting a little low.

That cooler pipe is 9cm high for reference. Exhaust is roughly 5cm.

Pretty dope picture of my car I got in the mail from the government:

Picture taken over the weekend.

For now I'm looking into some SSR Vienna's

18x9 +4
      18x10 +11

Other then that, desperately want a 2-way. Rumor has it a car that looks very similar to mine nailed a curb linking 2 corners at 3am one night. Ended up with like like 60mm toe out and limped home.

Got new tyres too, some Ex-Nankang design called Stratas, I thought they would be a joke but after about 3 attempts at second gear skids I decided my driveline was suffering horribly.

Got some Falken's for the front, nothing amazing, understeered clutch kicking into a corner once other then that they are pretty decent.

Got some stickers:

Designing some stickers:

Results of a photoshoot a few weeks back

So next up is probably:

Tint,
      Ganadors,
      Diffuser
      Different front lip
      2-way
      Bride,
      Dump
      PFC + EBC + tune
      bash plate
      Handbrake shoes

At the moment my Meisters are likely to be swapped out.

I want to go to a 9.5 +12 all around or maybe 10 +15, as I intend to drift/do skid the car, I do want to be able to rotate tyres.

I'm trying to source some 15mm bolt on spacers for the front, and buying a guard roller this week to keep doing work to the fronts. Making my offset 18x9 +5 and 18x10 +20 on some new Falken 215/40's on the front and 235/40 Strata's on the rear.

I'm still debating new wheels too, I'd rather not run spacers, as that's dish/concave etc I'm missing out on. Any thoughts on what to get? Thinking XT7's, SSR Vienna, Veilside Racing Andrew (rarer then hens teeth)

Once I get the spacers I'll be doing a shoot on my own, that 4 Chaser shoot was really rushed as we only had one chance to have all 4 cars together. So I look forward to sharing some nice new pictures with you guys!

So yeah that's a rough history of my car, hope you enjoyed!

Comment

Love the last pic haha, a part of our everyday life in Australia eh?

Edit-- Part 1 that is
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I want a JZX100 so bad. Last pic made me

Looks good! Welcome To StanceWorks!!
          |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
          Drama you are like god
          Originally posted by SwearBear
          Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
            Love the last pic haha, a part of our everyday life in Australia eh?

Edit-- Part 1 that is
            Hahah yep mate!

I see you're from Melbourne, so really I've got nothing to complain about against NSW and VIC haha, I did get pulled over by undercovers the other night, basically sat there going "FFS not leaving without a yellow"

Guy has a lol at my fitment, asks a few questions about the car and sends me on my way. Either way I'm not complaining but I know I run the gauntlet everyday trying to dodge defect notices hahah.

Comment

Haha pretty much dude... Like I said in your intro thread, enjoy these forums, they are gold.

Take a peek at one of my builds, click the car in my sig, you dont have anything to worry about compared to me hahaha.. But meh, Sucks to roll hard.

Love the chaser though dude, Its rediculously clean, will be good to follow the new upgrades here and there!

Check out the aussie boards in the International section too! And it you're after some SW stickers let shoot me a PM!
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Will do man! PM sent as well

Comment

nice history man, good to see you drift it too

and LOL at the last pic
                  Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

I can dig it. Such a great looking platform. Shame that we didnt get them state side
                    Basco

Comment

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                      nice history man, good to see you drift it too

and LOL at the last pic
                      Thanks man, by drift it it's more like clutch-kick and dodge curbs haha, hopefully I'll begin to excel at it once I get a 2-way. Car has tons of body roll and getting off the throttle causes epic tank slapping.

Originally posted by Hotsauce View Post
                      I can dig it. Such a great looking platform. Shame that we didnt get them state side
                      You can have mine if you drive into it and get the insurance money for it haha, I've been obsessing about getting a FD for weeks and weeks now!

Comment

Pretty sexy start mate!
                        And I think us guys in SA and WA are pretty lucky in comparison to NSW and Vic with some of the laws! haah

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                          Thanks man, by drift it it's more like clutch-kick and dodge curbs haha, hopefully I'll begin to excel at it once I get a 2-way. Car has tons of body roll and getting off the throttle causes epic tank slapping.
                          we all have to start somewhere,

i've learned to drift in a stock 180 with a viscous

and i still drift with a viscous LOL, coz i can't afford a 2way and don't want a weldy coz its my daily too
                          Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

sick ride dude, good to see another w.a member!

Comment

good stuff man. your car's nicer than most jzx100's i see on the streets here in Japan
                              www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Comment

Working...
                              X