175 50 on a 10in wide wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175 50 on a 10in wide wheel

Has anyone seen or done a 175 50 tire on a 10in wide wheel.
    I've seen them on 8's and 9.5s but not 10.
    I'll probably try it anyway but wondered how you all felt about it.

That would look absolutely ridiculous, and would be flat-out dangerous.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

I have a very strong feeling that if it does in fact stretch to 10", it will look like shit. Just taking a guess.

Comment

Holy stretch n' pop batman! 175 is dangerous... notice as why no one has done it. You can probably mount a tire on a 10" just for shits and giggles but don't roll on it.

You should go with at least a 195 for a 10"

Comment

OP, why would you want to do that? theres not much difference between a 195 and a 175, plus either way while you might not be rubbing the top tread you'll be rubbing the same sidewall anyways.

this stretched tire games has gotten out of hand the last 4 years, I remember back in the day when we used to do it get fender clearance, now its become some weird rim bead exposition fetish..

Comment

Here's 175/70/14 on a 10x14...

Looks retarded, imho.

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
            OP, why would you want to do that? theres not much difference between a 195 and a 175, plus either way while you might not be rubbing the top tread you'll be rubbing the same sidewall anyways.

this stretched tire games has gotten out of hand the last 4 years, I remember back in the day when we used to do it get fender clearance, now its become some weird rim bead exposition fetish..
            Dude. Your sig is fucking hypnotic.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

175 60 13...doesn't look as bad as ^^ Still balloon status though

Comment

195/45 looks better

Comment

I can't imagine what the load ratings must be on a 175, stretched

Comment

You all have valid points and I agree it probably is to much but I have 175 70's on 13x10 and they are ugly balloons! The main reason I wanted the skinny short tire is because of how I made my flares the sidewall rubs like crazy and actually started the paint on fire. So I guess the real question is what size tire should I run on a 13x10?

Side note! Tomorrow I'm going to mount some 185/50 advan slicks off of a formula Mazda racecar just for fun and pics.

Comment

that could work, tho I think race tires have VERY stiff sidewalls so it might be bitch to mount.

Comment

dude. The Glee girl on the ball is KILLING me.

Comment

Glee girl eh, might start watching that junk instead of stalking wagonist just to see his sig. Again, I love your sig

Comment

Originally posted by zturnidge View Post
                            The main reason I wanted the skinny short tire is because of how I made my flares the sidewall rubs like crazy and actually started the paint on fire.
                            :facepalm:

a) yes you can
                            b) it'll look retarded
                            c) sounds like your fitment is already messed up

I may be biased because I think more than a cm or two of wheel poke looks likes smashed a-holes, but I'm sticking to it.

Comment

185-60 on a 13x10. can be done, Is not dnagerous, ive had the car at 130 mph, gripped Road Atlanta with it, and slid it over 60mph with hard transitions, and never an issue. sorry to dig up old thread, but all questions need an answer, even if its ball park.

Comment

Working...
                              X