No announcement yet.

Stretched tire horror stories.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran 452's for 2 months, 225/35/20 on a 9" wheel are they were peeling and bubbling pretty badly. After I bought the 722's and they seemed much better (same size). Right now I run nexen 1000 225/35/19 on a 9.5 front and 225/35/19 on a 11" rear and no problems. They just leak a bit but I have tire pressure monitors so I fill them when the light comes on. All tires on all corners are kept at 44 psi

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAweigh View Post
      Just had a 215/35R19 un bead itself on 9" wide wheels on the freeway. No big deal, pulled over and puton a spare until I can get it redone. It was on for a few hours before it happened, probably didn't use enough bead glue honestly
      Thats the exact setup im running on my fronts and my tires are 7 years old

hankcook v12's haven't had a problem with them though, even sliding the car they're fine.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_lucian View Post
        215/35 is not stretched at all on a 7.5J rim.
        That's point.

I drift and daily with 225/35s on 18x11s. Use them on my e36 and also on my 4000lb q45. I also drive nyc streets with this set up. I've never had a problem in my years of dd'ing and driving hard on heavy stretch. A lot of it depends on the barrel design.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I've run stretched tyres for years no problems and give them hell at times.
          I run 45 psi rears and 40 psi fronts on my e36

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X