A Little Taste of Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Taste of Italy

No, I'm not talking about the Olive Garden...

Yesterday, Fluid MotorUnion was doing a set of small upgrades for a car that has managed to strike passion into every single one of our hearts — A Maserati Gran Turismo. (Just like James May said on Top Gear, it's tough to describe an Italian car without using trite terms like 'passion.')

In terms of upgrades, they’re relatively tame, but they’re a smart first set of upgrades for any car, since they all deal with suspension and brakes. The GT will be getting cross-drilled and slotted rotors added up front (retaining the stock cross-drilled rotors in the rear), brake pads and stainless steel brake lines on all four corners, and firmer springs on all four corners (the struts are threaded from the factory, so ride height can be adjusted with even the stock springs). All of these modifications together will provide for a tighter driving feeling, on top of the enhanced stopping distance and brake pedal feel.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

So will we be seeing awesome blue flames shooting out the rear end any time soon?

Im guessing wheel tuck isnt on the cards when you say "stiffer springs"..... Then again, Im not quite sure what to expect.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

We did go for a drop on the GT...but only about an inch or so. The owner was driving to Minnesota this morning, so he didn't want any tuck or anything. It's tasteful.

In regards to the blue flames? Perhaps, Oxer, perhaps. We'll see how things progress

I would have taken a bunch more pictures, but I ran out of light by the time the car was finished. Winter has ruined everybody's fun.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

All good, Im sure we will see pictures of it again soon.....
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

bella!
          one of my favourite car on the road ..
          "TIGERS WILL DO ANYTHING FOR A TUNA SANDWICH"

Comment

Working...
          X