(Melbourne) Fortnightly Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Melbourne) Fortnightly Meet

With the weather warming up and dyalight savings on its would be nice to have a fortnightly meet.

Iv seen they have a huge weekly meet in QLD at a place called Harry's diner. I understand it wouldnt be all super mad stanced out cars but it would be nice to have some where to fang out one night during the week with like minded car people.

Say a big carpark or a good section of road that is easily accessible for everyone.

What are people thoughts?

Iv noticed their are plenty of meets for single makes but it would be cool to have different cars and people hanging out together. Some guy with a Honda is just as much of a car guy as some dude with a early Datsun.

i'd say fortnightly may be a little too often, but a monthly meet is more of a possibility

also the location may be hard to pic with everyone living in different parts of town
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

The three triple zero crew have fortnightly carwash meets, and on a few other forums there are weekly meets, it just really depends... I dont think I could do fortnightly meets though, work etc...

Money> *
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I'd say best bet is to just post up a quick meet thread when you know there is a warm night coming up

Comment

Yeah true trying to get a good turn out weekly would be tricky but if it becomes popular like Harry's dinner and thge boostcrusing meets in QLD things would go off.

There is a huge car scene in Melbourne but it seems to be very segrigated with everyone hanging in their small groups. When I was in Newcastle and Brisbane earlier this year it seemed everyone hung out together and their meets were huge. 80+ cars on a small night.

I understand it takes time and support from people but the whole street and cruise scene seems to be lacking to me here in Melbourne. I know you can got park at the Sandown park hotel on a Friday night but if you havnt got a 300hp commodore and ten huge mates im pretty sure you will want to run the other way.

Just my 2c and id love to hear what others have to say...

Comment

to far for me just to wash my car :P

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey View Post
              to far for me just to wash my car :P
              Does T-gon have a car scene? Or is it just people hanging out in the macca's car park?

Comment

apparently there is a club or someshit that hangs out at a carpark a few places before the main carwash.

apart from that its pretty much friends cruise around/hang out at maccas. or me and my best mate go do hill runs.

Comment

You have to keep in mind the scene up in qld is much tighter. There arent as many idiot, a lot of the people up there are passionate about their cars and maintain a positive attitude. Down here everyone seems to try to out-do each other. That and you do happen to get a whole lot of tag alongs who get bored and feel the need to show off upon departure.

There is segrigation also due to the fact that the 'older' people of certain scenes give off the impression that they are somewhat above you, elite if you will. Things like the SW meet and the FYS megameet the other weekend appear to be elite in the fact they are invite only, but you can walk around and talk to anyone and everyone without feeling intimidated.

I met atleast 5 new people there and when they asked me what car I drive they freak out. Everyone knows it, but no one has seen it in person apart from those at the sw meet. Once its registered I will bring it to a few meets, but only the ones I feel comfortable at. Im not going to pull into a carpark with dudes ripping skids or hitting limiter, cause my car stands out like jeff at a wiggles concert.

Mid december Ill be organising a bbq, It wont be on private property so I know a few cars wont come due to that fact. But what can you do? The law enforcement down here is a lot stricter then qld. In qld you can get away with a lot more, Down here the tmu are driven by quota's. They are only out to make money hance why you get a fine with a defect now. When I first started driving you would get a defect and no fine.... these days fines get bigger and bigger every day.

To conclude. Im all for regular meets (if time permits) but they wouldnt be big. The scene in melbourne will never be as big as qld. But we deffinately make up for that in the quality with the bigger meets like fys.

Comment

Thats a legit answer Oxer. Im only just 20 by a few days so am relativley new to the car scene as a driver (But have been around cars most of the last 10 due to Dad being very involved in the motorsport scene).

I didnt want to say it but "Melbourne Street scene" sucks. I know you can go out to skids at truck city and places like that but there isnt really a cruise, chat, diner, carwash thing. No offence to "Princess Hwy" people but its not my thing, I dont drive a commodore, im not into "sub-woofers" and wana-be street racing is for the movies.

As you have said Oxer we can only work with what we have and I may sound like im whinging but I love Melbourne and as long as you have some good mates to get ya stance on with lifes good. Just would be nice to have some others to take a little more relaxed approach towards the street and have some fun.

Comment

me thinks I should buy a piece of land, turn it into a carpark and have a little dinner on it haha...

What I really want to do it buy land like 30min-1hr outta melb and ashphalt it.... have gymkhana stye days and shit... but that will only happen when Im a millionare.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                        me thinks I should buy a piece of land, turn it into a carpark and have a little dinner on it haha...

What I really want to do it buy land like 30min-1hr outta melb and ashphalt it.... have gymkhana stye days and shit... but that will only happen when Im a millionare.
                        Motorsport during the day and diner/hard park at night. Best of both worlds...

Comment

A handful of us from the westside see eachother every week or 2 weeks atleast!

What happens is one person msgs the group of us and we pass on the msg to everyone else.

usually about 20-30 cars rock up during the night!

Vishs knows whatsup. I could forward the msg on to anyone from the westside of melbourne whos bored on a friday night and is keen to come if they want. There are various makes, models and styles that come along

Comment

meh, ill just bring my car and chillax with everyone "Don't Worry.... Be Happy!"

dom
                            '92 16v Passat Wagon on Bagyard Air Ride

Comment

would love to have a monthly meet.. would be awesome. just an excuse to drive the car haha

Comment

Working...
                              X