• Time
  • Show
Clear All

another one I thought was pretty cool

Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

OK...that is easily one of my favorite cars on the board....everything about it is so clean and classy everything is so well done. I love every mod and if it were my car I wouldve done all the same stuff. I am VERY impressed. Keep up the good work I look forward to updates.

Comment

WOW super pic !!!

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

this fucking rules!!!!

highway hunter???

Comment

ok, so I'm not very far into my build thread and I've already forgotten to mention me cutting springs. I was only on the H&R's for about a month (to give them time to settle) and realized the car sat way too high. I know, I know, I hear a lot of negative talk about cutting springs. But if you have another way of having a low static w124, I'd love to hear it. So, I cut my springs some, still wasn't low enough, this is how it sat:

consulted my good ole' make specific (benzworld or mbworld, I can't remember, they both suck) they were horrified that I cut my springs, but they did give me some advice on going lower, switching to a smaller spring pad, so I switched from a 2 bump spring pad to the smallest one that mb had. This is how it sat then:

OMG!! super low

so then I cut it some more. Fastforward, so I bought these wheels.

then, I didn't really do much to the car, except collect numerous things for a turbo kit, then not install it. Onto the next big rally I go on with my car Modball 2010 (just passed this summer). Pics to follow.
            Mercedes Build Thread
            Falcon Build Thread

Comment

as the car sat, prolly days before the rally

But before we went to the start of the rally, we had left about a week early and went to visit our friend in Connecticut, so we drove straight from FL to CT.
              We made past the shotty roads in DC, NY, but boom, a headshot from the highway in CT.
              Limped to our friends house.

Us doing work at our friends house

While we were there we took the ferry to Long Island, had a Long Island Ice Tea but pretty much did nothing else in Long Island, nothing to do there except retire I suppose. Partied. Then Left there. Met some People on Pittsburgh.

So Drove from CT to Pittsburgh.
              Mercedes Build Thread
              Falcon Build Thread

Comment

While in Pittsburgh, saw a Pirates game, GO PIRATES, they beat the Mets, shocked, lmao.

Then drove from Pittsburgh to Buffalo. Stayed in Buffalo then went to Niagara Falls NY.

brrrr (it's summer and I'm from FL)

Then drove from Niagra to Scranton. Slept. Then drove to NYC for the start of the rally.

My car made it

Then drove from NYC to DC, got trashed (sorry no pics on my Iphone, prolly on my DSLR or on my co=pilots camera) Then drove to NC (Tail of the Dragon)

Oh!, forgot to mention, got a flat in DC So had to do the tail on the spare, not a doughnut)

then onto Atlanta from NC. (sorry I'm doing such a shitty job on producing pics from the rally, hard to drive and document, I'll try to track more down)
                Mercedes Build Thread
                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Car looks awesome, love the monoblocks. Can't wait to see more.

When is the next rally and how would one go about getting in on it?
                  Last edited by conski; 11-15-2010, 09:39 PM.
                  1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

some other pics of my car from other passengers on the rally, taken on different legs of the rally.

in this pic you can see my costume for the rally

these three pics show the good camber I got going on in the back of my car (yes I know I need spacers, I have them, we'll get to that )
                    Mercedes Build Thread
                    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

thanks Conski

I have video footage of me doing the dragon, doing work on a mustang, but I got to wait on my co-pilot...you know how that is

so get in Atlanta

So get this, we're supposed to all drive from ATL to orlando, but we decide to wake up at 4 a.m. make a side trip to JAX, and swap wheels, as well as pick up some parts from the local MB dealer.

In Orlando with the other set of wheels:

in the crazy Ice Bar in Orlando (got hammered)

soo...all us ralliers (well...the ones that could still walk) think it's a good idea to do some installation of the parts we picked up in JAX in the middle of the night at our hotel...lol was so fun we all went and did doughnuts afterwards in the kids CLS

Then made a pit stop at Mike Busey's house and finished off the rally in Miami

fire-eater

that's all I got on my Iphone from the rally will hopefully post more that have my car in them and some videos.
                      Mercedes Build Thread
                      Falcon Build Thread

Comment

So I found some of the pics I took from the modball rally in 09' and I figured I'd put them up, why not, something else people can kill time with

that's all the pics for now Have updated pics of my car I need to upload, needing to ask you guys about rolling fenders and what not
                        Mercedes Build Thread
                        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by conski View Post
                          Car looks awesome, love the monoblocks. Can't wait to see more.

When is the next rally and how would one go about getting in on it?
                          Umm, pretty much just have to do research and then pay Lol, I kno, sux, but that's how it is. I was planning on doing the A.K.A. but figured I would do the Modball.

I want to say it all started when I saw a Mischief video when I was little and saw them doing the Players Run, and watching Jackass do the Gumball...I was hooked.

Went on my first rally with my MB, as a newb, to an all BMW rally, ROFFLE, couldn't image then fire that was spit my way. BUT, made a lifetime connection with a hero named Rickie. Was prolly 22 (I was 18? Maybe) he taught me everything. I remember in the rally when he was doing 140 in a 45, I was flipping a shit, he said, "tell me about it".

I'm all highway ever since. I might try to go on the gold rush rally next year (if they let my old ass car in). But yeah, rallies don't do a lot of advertising, just gotta do research.

Honestly though, I think this is my last year doing the Modball...it's not very organized...fun and great people, but might try a different rally next year.

Sorry for the ramble, I take road rallies srs bsns
                          Mercedes Build Thread
                          Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                            Umm, pretty much just have to do research and then pay Lol, I kno, sux, but that's how it is. I was planning on doing the A.K.A. but figured I would do the Modball.

I want to say it all started when I saw a Mischief video when I was little and saw them doing the Players Run, and watching Jackass do the Gumball...I was hooked.

Went on my first rally with my MB, as a newb, to an all BMW rally, ROFFLE, couldn't image then fire that was spit my way. BUT, made a lifetime connection with a hero named Rickie. Was prolly 22 (I was 18? Maybe) he taught me everything. I remember in the rally when he was doing 140 in a 45, I was flipping a shit, he said, "tell me about it".

I'm all highway ever since. I might try to go on the gold rush rally next year (if they let my old ass car in). But yeah, rallies don't do a lot of advertising, just gotta do research.

Honestly though, I think this is my last year doing the Modball...it's not very organized...fun and great people, but might try a different rally next year.

Sorry for the ramble, I take road rallies srs bsns
                            Haha its all good. It sounds like a blast! Def gonna have to do one of these before I ship out for the Air Force.

Comment

want to see some more...

guys please tell me... what kind of shocks is proper to use... can't find anything cheaper than 1000euros fawk... i want to drop my c124 but for now 2 coils cutted and the bouncy ride is scary...

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by projektzwo View Post
                                want to see some more...

guys please tell me... what kind of shocks is proper to use... can't find anything cheaper than 1000euros fawk... i want to drop my c124 but for now 2 coils cutted and the bouncy ride is scary...
                                Good bilsteins are expensive, you could try kyb's don't know how they will hold up to cut springs but they are significantly cheaper than bilsteins. I have kyb's on the front of my car but my springs aren't cut yet so I couldn't tell you how they will hold up to that set up

Comment

Working...
                                X