No announcement yet.

Yeah, I'm doing it.....Best place to buy Racelands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh they know hahaha, some of the best cars on this site rock them, hell I know a certain BMW that got 3 features this past winter, that was on them, in fact, it was regarded as "the lowest e46 out there," by a certain someone.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Having nice a nice stance still doesn't make the suspension necessarily of good quality.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

If you're not the one driving it, who cares.
        If you're the one driving it, make your decision, then don't complain about it later.
        You get what you pay for. If what you want is low, then racelands' dollar to stance ratio is off the hook!

Comment

While this is true, of all the "cheap" coilover makers raceland really is the best, and their quality has gone up a bit as they have become a bigger name out there. That said would I buy them, no. Do they give you sick stance, yes. Are they good for really driving hard on, absolutely not. But I guess if all you want is low and you care not for ride quality or any of that jazz, then racelands are you're best bet if you want to stay on the cheap.

Still wouldn't buy them though.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            While this is true, of all the "cheap" coilover makers raceland really is the best, and their quality has gone up a bit as they have become a bigger name out there. That said would I buy them, no. Do they give you sick stance, yes. Are they good for really driving hard on, absolutely not. But I guess if all you want is low and you care not for ride quality or any of that jazz, then racelands are you're best bet if you want to stay on the cheap.

Still wouldn't buy them though.
            Just curious, tell me why you wouldn't buy them......If it had a Ground Control, or KW, or AST sticker on it would you buy it for about 5x the cost. If I dont like them that much ill shell out the extra cash for a nicer suspension. Don't see why people **** this product.

Comment

Originally posted by got german View Post
              Just curious, tell me why you wouldn't buy them......If it had a Ground Control, or KW, or AST sticker on it would you buy it for about 5x the cost. If I dont like them that much ill shell out the extra cash for a nicer suspension. Don't see why people **** this product.
              Seriously? It's pretty self explanatory. It's NOT because they use 6 year old Chinese sweat shop workers that makes the cost so cheap.

I mean, shit, do you even KNOW what goes into developing a suspension component? I spent 5 hours at a machine shop for some shock mounts which personally makes me appreciate a well developed and engineered suspension product.
              Last edited by Han; 10-27-2010, 09:52 PM.
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
                Seriously? It's pretty self explanatory. It's NOT because they use 6 year old Chinese sweat shop workers that makes the cost so cheap.
                I

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                  I
                  It's because it's true.

Comment

I'm possibly getting Rokkors for my Corrado, which is essentially the same as raceland but with higher spring rates, any way... what is it specifically that makes these shitty to drive hard on? Is it because the springs are "soft"? And couldn't this get taken care of if you swap out the spring on them? I don't know if you can even do that to be honest, i really don't know that much about suspension work and all that stuff.
                    ///M 2.0
                    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                      i really don't know that much about suspension work and all that stuff.

Sorry, but that's why you think these are alright.

Comment

At no point was i defending him or saying that it was alright... usually when you don't know things, you ask questions and then get answers. I'm not some random kid that just wants to get low in the fastest and most cheap way possible.

And that post accomplished nothing, like i said, i don't know much but i know there is a right way and a wrong way to do things and i wanted to know what specifically was wrong with these.
                        Last edited by Jersh; 10-27-2010, 10:35 PM.
                        ///M 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                          At no point was i defending him or saying that it was alright... usually when you don't know things, you ask questions and then get answers. I'm not some random kid that just wants to get low in the fastest and most cheap way possible.

And that post accomplished nothing, like i said, i don't know much but i know there is a right way and a wrong way to do things and i wanted to know what specifically was wrong with these.

Okay, well there is MUCH more to quality suspension that meets the eye:

- Quality parts/supplies
                          - R&D for spring rates
                          - R&D for valving
                          - Shock dyno testing
                          - Fit/finish
                          - Longevity
                          - R&D for consistent products

etc, etc

Of course, there's more to it, but that's just some of the important things.

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
                            Okay, well there is MUCH more to quality suspension that meets the eye:

- Quality parts/supplies
                            - R&D for spring rates
                            - R&D for valving
                            - Shock dyno testing
                            - Fit/finish
                            - Longevity
                            - R&D for consistent products

etc, etc

Of course, there's more to it, but that's just some of the important things.
                            Ok thanks, that's what i was looking for.

All their website really talks about is the credibility of the company owner, not so much on the products. He says they do extensive testing and blah blah blah, but that doesn't mean its gonna be good. For now i'll keep reading the reviews, and keep saving up my money at the same time. If i'm gonna do this, its gonna be done right.
                            ///M 2.0

Comment

You guys do know that racelands are built in house in the usa and not made in china? Ive had a set and they really dont ride that bad, ive also rode on fk streetlines and they ride just like the racelands, but thats not to be unexpected, but nontheless the markup for the fk's is about twice that of raceland and the ride quality is unoticeable. Sure you can go out and buy better quality coilovers but almost all of them are built in the same warehouse as the next brand, except for a handful of other companies such as tein. Theres a reason raceland has upped their pricing on almost all of their coilovers...because everyone is buying and not many (if any) are complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by yoffer View Post
                                You guys do know that racelands are built in house in the usa and not made in china? Ive had a set and they really dont ride that bad, ive also rode on fk streetlines and they ride just like the racelands, but thats not to be unexpected, but nontheless the markup for the fk's is about twice that of raceland and the ride quality is unoticeable. Sure you can go out and buy better quality coilovers but almost all of them are built in the same warehouse as the next brand, except for a handful of other companies such as tein. Theres a reason raceland has upped their pricing on almost all of their coilovers...because everyone is buying and not many (if any) are complaining.
                                You need to read around. Sure, there are some that aren't complaining, but at the same time, QC and there ARE people complaining how bad they are and they learned from their "mistakes." Stop trying to defend something that is obviously cheaper for a reason, whatever specific reason they might be. If you want a set of "coilovers" that costs less than a set of Bilstein struts/shocks, then go for it; it's not my car, nor my money, but everyone should know what it all entails.

Comment

Working...
                                X