No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so these turned up today, new stickers for the wheels. when i get the wheels painted, the original stickers will be scrapped, and i want these looking mickey mouse.

i scanned the original sticker, and had them remade. they came out near perfect! couldnt be happier

had 10 made up, 2 of them the ink isnt perfect, so i used one to compare to the original

i also ordered a set of 2" polished lips, then i just need barrels and to get the centers done. proper this time, no pressure pack job :p

Comment

• what happen to the carbon airbox you were making, but i like the force induction route

Comment

• Like the Desgin 5000 Stiks. Looking like the ori ones

Comment

• This car looks like good clean wholesome fun. It just looks at you begging to go rip on it haha

My Intro Here:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50512
          My E34 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54494
          My '78 CB750 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56809

Comment

• any updates ?

Comment

• the carbon airbox will get finished oneday, never know where the future will take me.

no updates, purchased near everything for the wheels, just waiting for it all to arrive, then ill test fit and get the centers powdercoated.

need to press the bearings out of the charger and start rebuilding it one of these days.

Comment

• so today i decided to replace the vanos solenoid orings on the car, removing the cover plate, i managed to snap one m5 bolt, so far it seems ok with only 3 in there, but ill keep an eye on it, and probably end up getting a whole vanos unit to rebuild and replace at a later date anyway. to try and extract the left over bolt, id need to remove the radiator, and thats a cbf atm.

with the cover off and solenoids out, i was pleased to see it was reasonably clean inside

you can see the bolt snapped off here, and only minor oil staining at the bottom, looks like the lower solenoid oring was starting to give way and let some oil through.

and cover cleaned up and pout back on with new gasket. still feels weird knowing theres that one bolt missing, the cover stops the solenoids from popping out, and stops most of the oil "should" an oring fail.

Comment

• clean work dude.

Comment

• went to work to collect my boot carpet and some vinyl dye, on the way home i kinda detoured and went for a drive out to tarra bulga national park to see how much it had changed since last time.

took some iphone pics on the way there and back. couple scenery shots mixed in, its much greener than last time from memory, still plenty of burnt out trees though

this is where i turned around, continuing on is single lane with log trucks, done it before, but not today

Comment

• lips arrived today, its all feeling more real now!! once ive got the barrels, ill do a dry test fit, make sure everything actually fits, then get the centers done

Comment

• looking good, love the idea of the charger.

where did you order the lips from??

Comment

• cheers, cant wait for charger, but want to make sure everythings right, so not rushing it

i got the lips from http://iclair.de

Comment

• LOVELY. cant wait to see more

Comment

• the centercaps i bought finally turned up today, never been used, nice and easy to prep.

still think ill go bbs gold for the faces, and black for the hex's

another washer bottle arrived today, from a ve commodore. should hopefully fit between the rails right behind the reo bar. for now ill use the neck that came with it, but ill eventualy swap that for the oem neck that goes on the panel in front of the radiator. i was going to go the original bottle available for under the bumper, but the cost to get one to australia was ridiculous.

Comment

• Nice to see that my centres comes to new life.
                                sigpic

Follow me on Instagram:
                                German Classic Wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X