No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see if you could shave off a few millimeters off the hubs, proper stance would also help slightly due to the camber you may get from lowering.

Comment

waiting til i get it low before i decide what i do with the wheels, cant shave anything off the back of them, as theres little meat between the face and the wheelnut seat. camber will definately help getting it to sit right, dont want a ridiculous amount though.

im hopefully only a couple weeks away from rego, after that, ill start organising coilovers, then i can go nuts

Comment

some parts arrived at work today

guibo(between gearbox and driveshaft)
        rear control arm(a not bent one :p)
        drivers door seal
        rear seatbelt

get these bits on, finish fixing the door trims, get some tyres and its just about ready for roady

Comment

so i threw my old wheels on from the wagon(which now belong to my sister, when she can afford tyres), we'll call them "placeholders" while i get some new tyres put on the 17s tomorrow.

put the new seatbelt in tonight, and the new drivers door seal yesterday, turns out the doors didnt close very well because one of the previous owners put the old seals on the wrong sides!!!!! getting close to roady now!!

Comment

Nice work.
            My website

Comment

so i had yesterday off, so i could go get tyres put on the wheels. after i got that done, i managed to get the control arm replaced, and got the guibo bolted up, but had to pull the exhaust off to do it, the whole time i was under the car it decided ti piss bucket rain on and off, finished it off today, and got the passenger side door trims on, got the drivers rear one on(it looks like crap, but isnt falling to bits), rear seat back in, plastics all back on, wheels on, and i painted the mesh on the bumper as per pub247's request :p

passenger door trims all done, with chrome door handles!!

new tyres on, had to go 235/45s, as 225s were above the "roadworthy/backup" tyre pricing for me. the m3s ran this size, so should be all good. looks crap though, way too big for the car, wont be using them for long if i can help it anyway

shot of the cluster showing what i believe is genuine ks. no error lights, YAY!!

and front shot with painted mesh.

Comment

Painted mesh looks way better!
                -Nick

Comment

^damn right it does

once its registered, i want to get the factory m3 mesh for it, instead of the aluminum ricer crap on it now, speaking of reg, it goes in for roadworthy tomorrow, if it passes, rego next week!!

Comment

so uhh.....

Comment

still sorting out low, but yesterday i accidentally a set of vaders...

Comment

so, let me tell you a story, of my coilover purchase.

i look at zeroclearance, and pine over them for quite some time, look at all the cheap coilovers floating around ebay and the likes, and all the better stuff, more suited to racing.

then i find this guy in australia getting coilovers "custom" made to suit any application from some place in taiwan thats supposed to do selex and cusco suspension stuff.

i think well, theyre reasonably priced, i wont have to pay import tax on them, and i can choose the exact lengths i want(so i can spin them up to clear defects, then spin them back down and keep rolling).

so we exchange a few emails, and i decide to buy them. give him the specs i want and 2 weeks later theyre at my door.

i asked for all black, i get pink, black, gold and blue. ok not a huge deal, i can always paint the shit i want black if it gets to me too much(black is less obvious to a magpie copper taking a gawk under the car)

the overall build quality looks alright, few spots look a bit rushed, but more in the aesthetics area than anything. all the threads are fine, nothing bids, strut top bearings feel smooth, etc.

but im missing brake sensor/hose mounts, something i specifically asked for, and was told would be there.

fronts look fair low to me, so i compare them to some king spring lows(which were in the car when i got it) and the red ones in my car at the moment

the coilover is threaded right out to the top, except the helper spring(i could have compressed it fully for more height)

i install the rear springs and adjusters, they fit fine, gonna have to rip the adjusters out for the amount of low i want though i suspect. rear shock mounts didnt fit in the hole, so i email him, he says he will organise replacement front mounts and send rear shock mounts that fit, but to test fit them on the car first.

so i do

yeh, looks good, but thats at max height, soooo not gonna be high enough to clear a defect.

i work out how much longer i want them, shoot him some emails back and forth again, and another week or so later i get new front inserts, but no rear shock mounts, he says they sent them a day later... still waiting(hopefully see them monday).

like their brake hose mounts? yeh, thats m3 swaybar link points with some brackets bolted on

top is old insert, bottom is new(i also spun the helper spring up a bit)

so today i test fit them, whilst trying to dodge rain from the cyclone that hit queensland this week.

this is with ~3/4" left to go on the thread fro being screwed right down(i couldnt get it bolted up all the way down) i know its the wrong tyre profile, but thats sitting on the tower.

max height(can still spin the helper spring all the way up, but no point). plenty of wheel gap to satisfy the local authorities

so with that done, i spun them back down to close to what the red springed struts were at(turns out i went a bit lower, might spin it back up tomorrow, until i get the simmons on)

then i test fit the front simmons wheels

not sure how i managed to get this one pic so blurry

smashed the camber tops all the way in to see how much clearance id have, heaaaaaps. once i get some tyres on i can bring the camber back out for a nice flush fit, so the 2.5" lips stay on the front

if its like it was today, ill test fit the simmons on the rear tomorrow, so i can decide what lips i want

Comment

dropped the rear a bit today, and test fit one of the simmons

definately going down to a 3" lip, should get it nice and flush with some camber playing

took her for a quick drive to see how it drove/scrubbed. stock rear shocks are rooted, cant wait to get the mounts for the new ones!!

Comment

Looks good, coils look legit, what did you pay for them?
                            E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                            E36 M3 Mugello rot
                            GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                            https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

project looking very good i like it how it looks slam

Comment

Originally posted by e36cruiser View Post
                                Looks good, coils look legit, what did you pay for them?
                                $1150aus, shipped. im on the fence as to whether id recommend the guy, probably wait to see how they go after a few months.

Originally posted by PRO-STAR View Post
                                project looking very good i like it how it looks slam
                                cheers, yeh the mega huge 45 profile tyres make it look lower than it is, cant wait to get my simmons sorted and get them on with a more suitable profile tyre :p

got my shock mounts today, so hopefully get them in tonight, good thing too, coz the stock rear shocks are rooted

Comment

Working...
                                X