Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Default ///Mock3

so the e21 is on stands in the shed getting a bunch of stuff done to it, and ive been driving the old mans lancer wagon around. browsing ebay as i usually do, and found this beauty had just been listed, got the VIN and checked to make sure it was legit, picked it up sunday.

its a 1994 318is 5spd. base model everything, sunroof, etc. has 135000ks on the clock, assuming its legit but not sure. its had a smack in the bum at some stage but was repaired properly from what i can see. has m3 front and sideskirts, have to pickup a rear bumper to match

needs a bit of tlc, and a few things for roadworthy, shouldnt be too long and ill have it on the road as my new daily.

dont worry, will be ordering some coilovers for it once i have some more cash(needs new front shocks for roady anyway) so it will be getting dropped as soon as possible

least it doesnt have typical aussie bogan reverse rake syndrome.

i bought these wheels off ebay early september and the prick has finally managed to sort out sending them to me.

theyre simmons LE 3 piece wheels. 17x8 +15ish and 17x9.75 +8ish

they were listed as refurbished, which it looks like they were but have been sitting outside for quite a while and dont look too good anymore. so looks like ill be refurbishing them again.

test fit them on the car after work, im going to try and track down some 2.5" lips for the rear instead of the 3.5" on there now. it IS a daily, and the cops down under dont take too kindly to excessive pokage!!

rears

fronts

fronts on the rear

Last edited by hakhawk; 05-31-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Just roll the bujesus out of your rear fenders. I bet you could fit the 3.5" lips with that and some camber.
    Stance-less

Holy buhjesus.
    Sorry, drooling on the keyboard...
    Christof Goulart
    FCGoulartDesign.

Oh mylanta.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Damn, those are some aggressive wheels!!

Really nice wheels! Make them fit!
    Stanceomaniak!

DAMN!!!!! et9 17x9.75 on an e36 rear? DO WERKKKK!!!!

dont think I've seen many setups as aggressive as this. Definitely possible though, the e36 quarter panels flare VERY well, use a lot of heat and a large angle with the fender roller. Should turn out nice

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Detailing Dough --> College dues. Which leaves $____ for e36. D'oh.

dont swap the lips out, make them work!!! i love e36 coupes

don't change the lips, please! just make them fit, after all when you drop the car the rear will look a lil bit different, so those rims will be perfect.

had a play with one of the door trims tonight, got it glued on semi ok, not quite lined up, but better than hanging in the breeze. gotta glue some of the vinyl at the bottom aswell

slowly working out what parts i need for roady, so far its just normal wear and tear items.

Looks awesome dude, Wheels look mint!

They'll fit for sure Make us aussies proud! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

cheers. yeh, everytime i look at the pics, its looking easier and easier to make it work!!

what happens when the cops see pokeage?

Rapage happens.
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Vegas13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThatEF9kid View Post
    nothin??

Quote Originally Posted by ThatEF9kid View Post
    cops will give us a nice little defect for the pokage and anything else they decide isnt allowed. we then have to fix it all and get it cleared. if theyre feeling generous, theyll make us get a full roadworthy on the car again. being a daily, id rather not have to worry about that everytime i roll past a cop. around my way theyre not toooo bad, but i dont want to push my luck

Vegas13 Guest

what if its mild pokage? how can that be Defect? and cant you just throw on stock wheels, drive to get approved, and come back, throw your stance back together and roll onnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas13 View Post
    what if its mild pokage? how can that be Defect?
    wheels/tyres can't extend past the fenders

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas13 View Post
    and cant you just throw on stock wheels, drive to get approved, and come back, throw your stance back together and roll onnnnn
    Yep!

Vegas13 Guest

Yep!
    problem solved

Good start and I love where this is goin.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff.T View Post
    E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
    MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
    Instagram:MexicanFab
    YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

went out and had a play with the window motor before, it had broken the plastic that holds the motor to the gearing, so whenever you wind it down, itd move and jump around everywhere making a god awful noise(and probably wasnt much good for the gears themselves). someone had attempted to glue it up, but it didnt take.

so ive slapped a couple bits of steel strap on it to hold it in place until i can order in a new one. want this thing on the road asap, so all moneys going to getting it roadied, and the motor can come later. least it works properly now

slowly ripping at the list of bits i need to fix for roadworthy, had a look underneath last weekend, and the only thing it needs(assuming guy doing roady doesnt get excessively picky) is a new rear lower control arm. some smart cookie tried to jack up from it and bent it. need a new seatbelt, some door seals(theyre pretty stuffed, lots of ripped bits).

been playing with the door trims, theyre all glued up now, going to glue up the rear trims aswell this weekend. will get pics of the fronts tomorrow.

got some new exterior door handle surrounds today, put drivers one on, have to play with passenger door handle before putting that one on. will paint them and the handles bodycolour sometime, theyre easy enough to take off.

glued up the roof lining that was sagging around the sunroof. will get it retrimmed in black later on, its pretty grubby(fingerprints) at the moment.

got interior door handle surrounds(didnt come with any), just waiting on chrome inner handles, passenger side original was broken, drivers was a sedan one, which didnt fit properly

and a random snap,

i like where this is going
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

so the door trims are pretty much right to go on, but waiting til everything is done in the doors, so i dont have to pull them off again any time soon.

decided to have a go at pulling one of the wheels apart today, 36 bolts and nuts later, the center popped out nice and easy, and the outer i had to cut apart, sealed real good.

gave the centers a clean, and the crap that was around the outer edge all came off nicely, so i shouldnt need to refinish them for now. thinking ill go black bolts, paint the inner barrels black and clean/polish the lips

will definately be replacing these, they all have rust on them, not sure if they were reused or replaced last time the wheels were refurbished

so i picked up some second hand but not leaking front shocks for it other other day, with springs and strut tops.

put them in today, and theyve gone and lifted the car, not something anyone on here would usually do!! but its gotta be done to pass roadworthy over here. still too high for my liking, but once its registered ill get coilovers for it, and bring it back down to earth!!

and no, i still havent washed it

got my interior door handles the other day and put them on, still waiting on window regulator clips before i get the door trims on and get pics though. for now, just a shot of the handles

todo list is getting smaller and smaller, gotta order some stuff from the pelican parts next