Pir8's Black MINI R53 Work-in-progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pir8's Black MINI R53 Work-in-progress

Talk about slow builds, here is my 2003 Cooper S that I've been working on for over 5 years now.

2003 - April 2005
    How she looked the day I picked her up

April 2005 - April 2006
    I purchased this car as a company car so the first part of her life with me was as a moving billboard. This is how she looked in her first set of graphics

April 2006 - December 2006
    I ***** the graphics and opted for something a little cleaner

December 2006 - April 2008
    I sold off my portion of the company and purchased the car for myself... off with the ads. This version had matte black stripes.

Stripes removed driving on the Tail of the Dragon

Current
    More low. Also put in facelift taillights, removed stripes, driving lights & front splitter. I found these pictures from H2Oi 2010. (car needs to be polished)

She's riding on H&R coils. The fake 17x7s & tractor-like 215/45's were just a bad decision I made 6 years ago (with my first MINI) and haven't rectified. I've been trying to find someone who will trade out my web design services for some new wheels & rubber, but no luck so far.
    Last edited by Pir8 97; 11-23-2010, 03:27 PM.
    Will design/build websites for wheels

2 days after H2O she looked like this

Somehow a battery spark in the back of the car caught several of the hats & bags that I was selling at the show on fire. Luckily I saw it before it got out of control. The battery and cables are fried, but that was only the fire damage... the rest was smoke.

She's at the local BMW dealership getting cleaned and repaired. I hope to have her back home in a week or so.

Comment

I just realized I didn't update this thread. The car made it home a week ago after being in the shop for 7 weeks.

Comment

Looking good man!
        Glad to see youre on StanceWorks too!

Comment

Working...
        X