Story time... 4dlulz.. Got pulled over in the civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story time... 4dlulz.. Got pulled over in the civic

So I got pulled over in the civic today on my way to a panel shop. The car is unregistered and I have a 28day unrgegistered vehicle permit.

They had another car pulled over in a carwash on a main road in my area, and they sped through traffic, Lights blazing to try and catch up with me. they took my licence, ran their checks, then had a discussion in their car about what to do. One officer got on the ground to have a look underneath the car for a good 5 minutes.

One then came back with my licence and permit and proceeded to tell me that he was able to give me an unregistered vehicle fine because I was not on my way to a Licenced Vehicle Tester. He then proceeded to show me the conditions of use, which I know almost off by heart, where He said that he would be able to fine me due to me breaking the conditions.

Im not going to type up or find the full tems and conditions, but Ill re-type word for word the section he claims I was breaking.

Section A, 2
    To use vehicle between 7am and 7pm -
    • - to travel to and from a Licenced Vehicle Tester for repairs and testing (by the Licenced Vehicle Tester) for the purpose of obtaining a Certificate of roadworthiness (RWC) issued in Victoria; and/or
    • - in the course of obtaining a Vehicle Identity Validation Certificate from a Vehicle Identity Validation inspector; and/or
    • - in the course of repairs, modifications or testing for the purpose of obtaining a Vehicle Assessment Signatory Scheme Approval Certificate.

Now as far as I can tell, In order to obtain a VIV, you generally need to go to a panelshop for repairs, it also States that to get a VASSAC, during the course of repairs, modification or testing you are allowed to drive the vehicle to and from associated workshops. If I had of said "Im building a race car, so Im going to get my guards rolled more before the VASSAC inspection", or "Im going to the panel shop to make sure it doesnt need a VIV, and if so I need a quote for the repairs needed" would he have been just as kind?

I told him I was getting a quote to repair the front corner, now since I was in the paint and panel industry for 3 years, I know that in order to obtain a VIV the car has to look 100% factory, If not it wont pass, and in order to obtain a RWC, it has to pass VIV. Yet this officer was dead set that the panelwork does not matter when it comes to rwc.

I will never understand what makes a TMU officer a full blow mechanical engineer, Licenced Vehicle Tester, and gods gift to women all in one. Is it the gun on their hip? Is it that mentally they think they are better then everyone else? Pretty sure last time I looked in a mirror I was human too. I wasnt speeding, nor was I breaking any road rules at the time. I actually saw them in the rear view hundreds of meters back cutting and weaving through the peakhour traffic to catch up to me, like I had just commited a school yard massacre. I even pulled into a side street well before they "caught up" to me to get off the main road and not hold up traffic and make the scene bigger then what it was.

So after some discussion, he said he wasnt going to fine me, and that the first thing I should be doing is taking it to a Licenced Vehicle Tester.... Then he tells me how the suspension has been cut and shut, the sway bars are missing and that Ill be looking at about 15-20 thousand dollars to get it road worthy...

Felt like saying "thats a K swap + bolt on mods + RWC + engineers" but I didnt want to push my luck.

He directed me to take the most direct route home, when I asked which way that was, he didn't know and said "which ever way you would get home"

This guy.

God mode on *IDDQD*
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

LOL man oh shit.. they never cease to amaze. I could write a 10 page thesis on my dealings with our all knowing law enforcement and keepers of the peace along with the bullshit that spews from their mouths!

Hope you can get off the fine without much trouble.

PS. He was just jealous of the CCW's.
    FRUSH

Comment

i havent even read your post. but omfg. so far i know of 6 people who got done by the cops this week alone. wtf???

Comment

ok so you didnt actually get done. but still.

Comment

Originally posted by brybry View Post
          LOL man oh shit.. they never cease to amaze. I could write a 10 page thesis on my dealings with our all knowing law enforcement and keepers of the peace along with the bullshit that spews from their mouths!

Hope you can get off the fine without much trouble.

PS. He was just jealous of the CCW's.
          Haha, he didnt give me the fine... But the wheels were the wrong size, the tires were the wrong size for the wheels etc. etc. apparently I only really need to take the front stickers off, the rear ones too MAYBE.

The cop loved fist pumping.... For sure.

Comment

mannnn wtf is with cops lately?

i recently cleared a defect off my ceffy for the LAMEST things ever...EVER

the descriptions went something like

Ground clearence - to be 100mm (fair enought lol)
            Steering wheel to be padded (nardi)
            Forward vision - to not be obstructed (a fkn fatlace sticker and a plush toy chilling on my rear view, which i offered to remove then and there)
            Windscreen wipers - to be operable (no water)

seeeeriosly man. the guy have no idea wtf he was doing. took him close to 15 minutes to work out what the car was. thought my strut brace was a sway bar and called my FMIC a "high performance air intake." and then gave me a major on only 2 realy un road worthy items.

i'd like to see what these guys are getting taught man.
            swagger like mick jagger

Comment

what a dickhead.
              2 things i **** in this world, cops are one of them. Good to hear you didnt get dicked oxer! but dayum, theyre cracking down aye

Comment

As said on another forum, Im going to take the car in for a full rwc checklist, and fix everything so its 100%, then when they defect me Ill be able to clear it the next day LEGIT.

Fuck these cunts.

Comment

That's a situation i can't guarantee staying calm. Your cops are even more fussy than ours. And they can be VERY fussy.

So i think you have to spend the 15-20 thousand dollar to get it roadworthy xD
                  JK.
                  Originally posted by Oxer
                  I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

haha oh deary me, they really do target the wrong people... I am driving the 80's series cruiser now and I swear i had about 4 different cars this arvo on the way home from work fly past me doing at least 40k's over the speed limit, i had 2 idiots tail gate the shit out of me in the middle lane of the freeway only to then fly past me and start weaving through traffic like fukwits. Not to mention the idiot reversing up the side of the road on the highway (80km speed limit) and the idiot doing 60km's in the 100 zone trying to find the write winery on Maroondah Highway. All of these drivers were driving completely stock cars (commodores, hyundai getz, nissan Marano etc) Why can't the cops target bad drivers instead of assumed 'hoon' cars........................ So sick of hearing stories like this.

At least he let you go Oxer. Sometimes cops just don't have a clue, think they do and then just throw their weight around with made up fines and defects just because they can.

In the city i was at an intersection and there was a cop coming up to the line on the opposite side of the road as the lights went orange, then suddenly a e46 BMW charged past me, just got through the first light as it turned red, would have been doing at least 15-20ks over the limit and the idiot women cop didn't even bat an eyelid......

Seriously, majority of the time, the people with the nicely modified cars cars which they personally would have spent a lot of time and money on will be the ones driving the safest. its the people that don't care about cars that drive like fools..... Suck the banus Victoria Police!!
                    Last edited by USDMem1; 10-01-2010, 04:11 AM.
                    Originally posted by TRaNz
                    omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

word

Comment

Originally posted by karlito View Post
                        Windscreen wipers - to be operable (no water)
                        is it really that hard to keep water in it? mines got all mould around the top cos i never use my wipers lol

Comment

ive never used it either! i bought it a year ago and it not once have i filled it up. just one of those things i never got around to doing.

only time it's ever been an issue is when the cop tried to put the defect sticker on my windscreen and there was no water...

swagger like mick jagger

Comment

Hey! Lukey! They didn't even notice my wipers are missing!

Comment

And Mike I see the same shit every day.

The thing that really upset me is the way they reacted... Cutting in and out of traffic and speeding the way they did. Its one thing if I was flying past hitting limiter.. Its another if Im casually cruising.

Why dont they go after a lowered comodore with a huge cam? Cause my wheels stand out more? Pathetic excuse if you ask me.

Again tonight on ACA we see some fucking idiot doing burnouts in traffic... I couldnt do one to save my life... I really think I should put forward a proposal to ACA, to explain the deffinition of a hoon and an enthusiast.

I want them to drive the civic as it is, scrubbing and all, around winton, and get a stock civic and see which one handles/performs better. Its all fkn bullshit...

Comment

Working...
                              X