Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wildman Productions View Post
    you do know that QAR makes a cross member that replaces that and bolts in for like $60 right?
    edit: 75 my bad, steel prices have increased since i looked years ago lol

if you pull the inners you could run 12's up front and still be "stanced" but it will rub on the frame, the worst part about s10's is you can't really roll the fenders, they have a thick lip so you have to pie cut them.

the green ratted s10 is on 15x8's with -38 offset on a 6/6 drop, which sits about perfect imo for 15's
    Yeah 6/6 is my goal, that sits perfect, except I'd have a lip on that front bumper that drags the ground everywhere

Not feelin his fitment though. I give him props for being tire-flush but I'd rather have fitment like mitsumax up there with some stretch and poke.

I def know how much fenders with an inner skin suck. My F150 was the same way. I beat it for hours with a hammer and it hardly did anything. I was told to cut it out and sand/file it smooth - one reason I ran -4 degrees of camber in the front to fit my 255's slammed.

Whats up with everyone saying S10s cant do camber? I'm assuming if I leave the stock alignment equip on then do a 3" drop spring Im going to pick up 1-2-3 degrees of negative camber? I know the drop spindles wont do anything.
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
        Yeah 6/6 is my goal, that sits perfect, except I'd have a lip on that front bumper that drags the ground everywhere

Not feelin his fitment though. I give him props for being tire-flush but I'd rather have fitment like mitsumax up there with some stretch and poke.

I def know how much fenders with an inner skin suck. My F150 was the same way. I beat it for hours with a hammer and it hardly did anything. I was told to cut it out and sand/file it smooth - one reason I ran -4 degrees of camber in the front to fit my 255's slammed.

Whats up with everyone saying S10s cant do camber? I'm assuming if I leave the stock alignment equip on then do a 3" drop spring Im going to pick up 1-2-3 degrees of negative camber? I know the drop spindles wont do anything.
        Yeah at the moment im at like a 6/4 drop since i have adjustable-coils on mine but with the camber issue..... You can give it camber by taking some shims out when doing the alignment but i know its very rough and the truck. If you dont align the truck eventually you will get chamber since your not adjusting to the front end of the geometry changing. My buddy has a 6/7 drop on his reg. cab and we tried camber for a month and broke 2 ball joints and then he crashed and basically destroyed the whole driver side of the truck. Still repairing it after about 7 months.
        Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
        Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
          Yeah at the moment im at like a 6/4 drop since i have adjustable-coils on mine but with the camber issue..... You can give it camber by taking some shims out when doing the alignment but i know its very rough and the truck. If you dont align the truck eventually you will get chamber since your not adjusting to the front end of the geometry changing. My buddy has a 6/7 drop on his reg. cab and we tried camber for a month and broke 2 ball joints and then he crashed and basically destroyed the whole driver side of the truck. Still repairing it after about 7 months.
          wtf? Before I sold my truck I had -5 camber (-4.5 on the other, it wasnt quite the same) on one side for months. I had new balljoints on it too, though. Never heard of camber killing balljoints. Where did you get coilovers for the front end? Def interested.
          Last edited by kaidotech; 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM.
          | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Comment

• 1.5" of front clearance

Comment

wtf? Before I sold my truck I had -5 camber (-4.5 on the other, it wasnt quite the same) on one side for months. I had new balljoints on it too, though. Never heard of camber killing balljoints. Where did you get coilovers for the front end? Def interested.
                Yeah chamber is sketchy for the s-10's. Its just the front end geometry that gets all out of wack. I am sure if you rebuilt the whole front end with new bolts, joints, ect you could be safe but not to sure how long.

Here are the coils. I've had them for about 2 months and the springs are still settling. But i love them and couldn't be happier. It says only 3'' lowering adjustment but thats NOT with the springs settled. Like i said atm in down 6'' in the front.

Free Shipping - QA1 GE401-10450C with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Coilover Kits at Summit Racing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MitsuMax View Post

1.5" of front clearance
                  Is this your Daily or a Project?? And do you Rub on your fenders with that much poke?

Comment

Is this your Daily or a Project?? And do you Rub on your fenders with that much poke?
                    It's my good ol' daily (: drive it to school and surprisingly I don't I sorta rolled and pulled the fenders a little and that's about it.

Comment

• LETS ALL LAUGH AT MY WINTER STEEZE. (unfortunately i have to drive her in the winter )

Comment

• @way2fastx3 got a few quick questions you might be able to answer. I could always google them but I work 7 days a week and come home to eat and sleep lately lol.
                        ?
                        -what year model got OBDII
                        -will 97-04 suspension fit on the first 2nd gen model (93-96 I think) ?
                        -With brand new springs, shocks, upper and lower arms, and balljoints do you still think the wheels would break off with -3/4 camber
                        -Will the S10 get a lot of camber if you leave the stock ride heights alignment alone and just do a -3" drop spring?
                        -Do the Bravada front ends need a new front core support, or do the headlights and grill just bolt on?
                        -Is the radio head unit a real double din or one of those goofy 1-1/2 din setups? It doesnt look like a full double din. Id like to install a Pioneer App Radio.

And my biggest question, what should I look for as far as things wrong on an S10? Im now out actively looking for one since I sold my truck.
                        Last edited by kaidotech; 10-23-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MitsuMax View Post
                          It's my good ol' daily (: drive it to school and surprisingly I don't I sorta rolled and pulled the fenders a little and that's about it.
                          Ohh okay cause i was about to say your spring are STIFF! Yeah ill be doing that this winter. Ohh joy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Burke View Post
                            LETS ALL LAUGH AT MY WINTER STEEZE. (unfortunately i have to drive her in the winter )

Hey man! This is clean and going to be a great start! Dont be so down on yourself

Comment

@way2fastx3 got a few quick questions you might be able to answer. I could always google them but I work 7 days a week and come home to eat and sleep lately lol.
                              ?
                              -what year model got OBDII
                              -will 97-04 suspension fit on the first 2nd gen model (93-96 I think) ?
                              -With brand new springs, shocks, upper and lower arms, and balljoints do you still think the wheels would break off with -3/4 camber
                              -Will the S10 get a lot of camber if you leave the stock ride heights alignment alone and just do a -3" drop spring?
                              -Do the Bravada front ends need a new front core support, or do the headlights and grill just bolt on?
                              -Is the radio head unit a real double din or one of those goofy 1-1/2 din setups? It doesnt look like a full double din. Id like to install a Pioneer App Radio.

And my biggest question, what should I look for as far as things wrong on an S10? Im now out actively looking for one since I sold my truck.

1.) In 1996
                              2.) No Cause in 1997 they came out with the new control arm setup and spring positioning. Back on the older models like 1996 to early 80's they had SOOOO much space in the wheel wells for big wheels ect.
                              3.) I dont think the wheels would break off but after time it will show wear and tear since the s-10 was made for more of the get around town with wood in the back deal of a truck. They do make control arm kits and hub kits on-line somewhere so you can camber out an s-10 with no issues BUT it for an s-10 with a bad setup under it.
                              4.) Nope the Core support is the same. You have to watch tho. Not sure on the specific years but in 1997 is also when they changed the core support in the front ends on the s10/sonoma/bravada. You will have to read more on that cause it really all depends of the years of the frontend and core supports.
                              5.) Yeah sorry to say but it has the goofy 1-1/2 din setup BUT you and do a quick swap to double if needed.

Comment

Ohh okay cause i was about to say your spring are STIFF! Yeah ill be doing that this winter. Ohh joy!
                                Lol sounds like fun. My ride is not that bad actually, it's pretty smooth...on smooth roads lol but all in all the ride is sorta comfy

Comment

Working...
                                X