Any Skaters(boarders) Here!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy old thread lol.

I picked up my skateboard for the first time in two years yesterday. I used to ride every single day with my friend before he shipped out for the military- feels good to get back into it a little. Like everyone else- no more crazy shit for me, I'm too old to wreck my ankle.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Skated for about 4 years with my group of buddies and slowly quit for about 2 years. Recently picked it back up with them, and we look like noobs. hahaha but it brings back the memories, and it's fun.
      Originally posted by redciv1
      Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
      Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
      Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

can we bump this up,.. am i the only one that skates every single day.... lol

Comment

I think I started skating about 25 years ago,lol gave it up about 8 years ago though. Used to rock a Powell & Peralta Per Werlinder. I remember the first ever board I had was a Santa Cruz with krypton wheels that my Dad bought me from the junk yard.. damn they were good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Masonbarnard View Post
            Pretty much... I wish I had more time.

I think I might push around a little bit later. It's still nice out, and I could use the exercise.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
              Back in the day when I was younger, much thinner/more in shape, and had the time.

I still dress like a (fat) skater.....lulz.

Boards I had: Birdhouse Falcon 3 (timeless classic), a CCS blank and a Birdhouse Team Death Seal.

Between all my setups, I transfered China Bones bearings, Pig Pile risers and Shorty's silverados hardware.......all had Black Magic grip tape, and for a while I was rocking some silver Fury's, and my last setup I had solid black Fury's. I still have my last setup in my closet, though I don't see it coming out any time soon, as I quit skating years ago.

The spots I used to hit on a regular basis were Curtis Park skatepark and Vans (indoor) in Potomac Mills Mall, which was closed down a few years ago. But I was never a big park skater, as I did mostly flat land and oldschool bs. I just hit the parks with friends who were big ramp/rail skaters. I mean I could do the basics on ramps/rails, and could skate a vert pretty decently too, but meh....was just never for me.

Oh how I miss the olden days of cruising in my pristine '88 RX-7 convertible w/ the board in the trunk, en route to the local skatepark (Curtis Park) blasting Cake and S.T.U.N. Ah....the memories.

*Oh, and whats wrong with baggy clothes? I used to wear nothing but girl's clothes.........when I was 150lbs. But now that i'm about 195lbs (or more), i'm sure it would be very pleasant to see me in non-baggy clothes.

I don't understand question
              Watch The Avengers Online Free

Comment

Originally posted by Masonbarnard View Post
                Looks like it, and don't stop. You've got some talent man! haha.
                Originally posted by redciv1
                Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
                Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
                Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

I skate every other day.. me and my brother go for a cruise around they neighbor hood sometimes. I need softening wheels though because I keep hitting random rocks and tripping lol

Comment

Here's an edit I made of me and my friends at our local shithole skatepark a while back:

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                      Here's an edit I made of me and my friends at our local shithole skatepark a while back:

ive seen the small dude before when i lived in LA.... i think?

But this is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Masonbarnard View Post
                        ive seen the small dude before when i lived in LA.... i think?

But this is good
                        Possibly, he lives up north in Sonora but you might've seen him while he was on a day trip down to LA or something, we all make it down there every now and then to hit up plazas and what not. You rip by the way, saw your footy a few posts up. Your combo's are insane

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• skate and board. Since snow is more forgiving and often has faster speeds, I prefer it.

my old Viper

Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubmd View Post
                            bumpin this thread with a vid we made at our local park.

i only got two tricks in it but whatever.
                            i need to film more.

Montage 2Justin VinsonTim SouengDavid LangstonNick DearmanJosh WilliamsMichael HanksGavinAJAndrewMackenzie BurkeNick PFilmed/Edited by Austin Files

i did the kickflip bs tailslide down the hubba towards the end
                            Im pleased to find threads like this at stanceworks. Awesome video mate.
                            Some real good stuff. I started when i was 7 and skated until i was 18. Im
                            20 now but i rebuilt my board a few weeks ago so i cant wait until i have the time to go out for a sesh. Although i dont know how i will perform i after 2 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Masonbarnard View Post
                              haha, do you know Mike Pwire, or any of the ground control guys. Donne Dorch?, Ronne?, or spliff mode dudes?...

Cause i feel like ive actually met you before skating down there...

heres some footy of me

thefuck? - Mason Barnard - YouTube

thefuck? - Mason Barnard - YouTube
                              Holy Shit, some technical shizne going on in the beginning on that video. thumbs up.

I envy you being able to skate everyday. For like 3/4 years me and my mates would just skate everyday in town, soak up the sun and smoke some smelly herbs good good times.

Comment

• all about longboarding!

Comment

Working...
                                X