Purple Unicorn - Seat Toledo 2.0 GT 16V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Unicorn - Seat Toledo 2.0 GT 16V

Let's Start a new build thread here, hope to have a bit of feedback guys.
    Last edited by Radoo8V; 12-15-2022, 03:42 PM.
    If you can't buy it - build it.

Welcome to my new build thread about my own little dream fulfillment.
    My newly purchased and long sought after SEAT Toledo 2.0 16V GT in purple metallic.

I love a good forum with all the little details and pictures, so I hope that some of you will be interested.

Let's start with a little background story about the car.

It's a 1995 pre-facelift model, one pre-owner car with the highest trim and biggest engine.
    The 2.0L 16V (called ABF) is and was a very popular and loved engine here in europe/germany.
    Basically it's a Jetta MK2 with a different body and interior.

I was looking for this exact type of Toledo for as long as 10-15 years. Back in my youth, my older brother had one of these and I absolutely fell in love with the car.
    It was (for the time) fast, had a nice sound, cool leather seats with funny 90s fabric, was looking real good in the purple metallic paintjob with it's sporty trim.

So after looking for years, searching all the platforms around Europe and finding nothing I thought they were all gone.

But sometimes it just takes chance and luck - especially now that Christmas is just around the corner.
    Now here's my little present for myself, I'm super happy even though there is still a lot of bodywork to do.
    As I mentioned these cars are now very rare, here in Germany there are only 20 registered cars left..

20221208_121321743_iOS.jpg

20221208_121341634_iOS.jpg

20221208_133521754_iOS.jpg

There will be better pictures after we get rid of all the snow and salt.
    Last edited by Radoo8V; 12-15-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Seitenansicht by tony

Erste Fahrt by tony

Motorraum by tony

So here are some more pictures of the Unicorn.
      At the moment I'm sourcing some parts like original GT rims, spare sideskirts, better Seats and other small things.
      I haven't decided yet which way to go.. As the car is ultra rare, it would make sense to just restore it to former glory in original shape.
      But things like coilovers and rims are easy to switch if I want to.

As is had a bit more time with the car, I really realized how bad the paint actually is. The passenger side needs a full respray and the bonnet/hood + bumper too.
      So the car sits in my garage, I'm collecting parts (and mainly money) to get it started right.
      It makes no sense for me to do all the mechanical parts and ignore the rust or damaged paintjob.

Updates keep coming, but not in weekly intervals.

Comment

IMG_4837 by tony

Finally the sun is out and I took the Toledo for a ride.
        Actually it drives real good. Makes a lot of fun - the 16V ABF Engine has such a great sound!

Now it's time to get a lot of maintenance done, lowering it a bit and get some other wheels on.
        I found the original GT wheels for it, maybe I'll try that out - still have a set of 7x17 Ibiza Cupra wheels also waiting.
        Last edited by Radoo8V; 06-09-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X